• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3D Pokemon Fan-Game Help and Ideas

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Pokemon Radiant Dusk Looking for Help

Pokemon Radiant Dusk

Introduction:

For the longest time I have been always wanting to design a Pokemon fan-game that comprised of many different real-time action RPG's. As well as have a Pokemon game that had an engaging story to go along with it. All the tools necessary are at my disposal.Yeah if anyone wants to help out in the creation of this fan-game and is quite knowledgeable with C#, and Unity post in reply to this thread, and say what you would like to take part in.
------------------------
Story:
Spoiler:

------------------------

1. Cirrus Cyndaquil
Spoiler:

2. Marina the Eevee
Spoiler:

3. Jade the Grovyle
Spoiler:

4. Storm the Zoroark
Spoiler:

5. Raven the Lucario
Spoiler:

6. Grace the Shaymin
Spoiler:

------------------------
Battle System:

Now as for the battle system goes, I was not thinking about traditional RPG turn based system. I know some would argue, Pokemon is best suited for that, I understand that. But this is a whole new approach to the Pokemon games as a RPG. The idea that I had was something along the lines of, kind of a Tales of, battle system thrown in with the battle structure of Kingdom Hearts: RE Chain of Memories, simply for the battle layout not the card battle system. It goes kind of like this, you see a Pokemon in the overworld, you run into it, and then a fancy transition into the fight, and you are brought to a plain open battlefield with you and your first 4 party members (which you can change) on one side and your enemies on another side.

The fighting is revolved around, again kind of like the Tales games, you assign a "drive" (technical term in this game for a special attack i.e. Gyro Ball or something) to a direction on your analog stick followed with pressing the "B" button. Or you could simply press "A" for a standard attack, to build up "PP" (Power Points) or to simply link a standard attack to a Drive Attack. Which you can then link other Drive Attacks to the previous, given the level of the Drive.

For Example: If you have a Drive that is level one, lets use again Gyro Ball as an example. You use Gyro Ball, and then you can follow that up with no lag time between attacks, with a level 2 Drive, and so on and so forth.

It goes like this: Standard Attack x3: => LV1: Gyro Ball => LV2: Shadow Rush => LV3: Rending Claws

For tilts on the analog and "C" stick (just imagine this with a Gamecube controller) this is how the attacking for Drive would be like. You can customize this based on your preferences of the attacks.

Analog Stick:
No tilt press B

Tilt Left Press B

Tilt Right Press B

Tilt Up Press B

Tilt Down Press B

C Stick: For this you do not need to press B just tilt any direction either Up, Down, Left, Right.

On a side note I am not sure whether to put this on the PC and make it so that you have to get like a, 360 or PS3 controller to customize it to your liking. Or just make it so that you can use both the Keyboard or Controller.
------------------------
High Level Mystic Drives: (Eh, eh its funny because it's like Mystic Artes, oh whatever joke died fast.) These types of attacks can only be accessed after certain requirements have been met. Either they are obtained via sidequest or just hitting level 30 for their basic Mystic Drive. You initiate these attacks by entering Overdrive, by pressing the L, and R buttons together, when the Overdrive Gauge is filled. You use a high level Drive, and hold B to activate it and their you go, total mayhem, and awesome combos to go around. Whenever you do use one of these attacks, a anime style cut-in will appear of the character, basically to give emphasis on the attack.

Dual Mystic Drives: These are much more powerful then the normal one. Given that, well you and one of your party members are using combined effort for a more power attack. These kinds of attacks are only available, if very specific conditions are met.

1. You and one other party member has to be in Overdrive.
2. You have to have used certain attacks, a certain amount of times, like 50
3. They can only be obtained via character specific side-quests

A list of Mystic Drives that I came up with, so feel free to judge, and criticize as you will. I have not came up with any Dual's yet.

Cyndaquil: If you wish to say something about these attacks whether they should be, edited, or add something else to them feel free to state.

1. Flare Impact: Cyndaquil embues his body in a plume of fire, he then knocks then enemy into the air and performs a flame wheel combo, then throws them into the ground and fires, fire blast in front of him as he falls, following the enemy, and then slams into the fire blast, then into the enemy. Dealing damage to enemies near the attack.

2.Heavenly Blaze: Cyndaquil, uses Sunny Day, and thus launces Lava Plume into the air raining fire down on every enemy on the field, decreasing their stats, and raises everyone in the parties stats. The fire will constantly deal damage, Cyndaquill will then leap into the air, and use Flamethrower down on every enemy on the field covering them in a wave of fire. (Obtained after the character specific side-quest, that follows throughout the first quarter of the game. It can only be used if he is in Overdrive, with the Symbol of Ash equipped.)

3. Blast Burn Alpha: Cyndaquil's flame on his back burns brightly, he then becomes a ball of fire. He then charges at the enemy, unleashing a fury of fire punches, and finishes by knocking the enemy down and shooting a Fire Blast towards the enemy creating a pillar of fire.

Eevee:

1. Arcane Crest: Eevee, focuses energy into her tail, then proceeds to use an Iron Tail combo. Then knocks the enemy into the air, charging her Iron Tail with energy, an Arcane Symbol will then appear on the ground below. Her tail will then slam her enemy into the ground causing the Arcane Symbol to rain Thunderbolts down onto it followed by rays of light. (Can only be obtained, by starting the "Divine Accessories" sidequest near the half-way point of the game. Eevee has to be in Overdrive, in Critical Health (1-15% health) and must have Equipped: Necklace of the Mystic, and the Ring of the Ancients.)

2. Judgement Blast: Eevee calls down several beams of light, followed by a large beam that causes large amounts of damage.

3. Radiant Dawn: Eevee leaps into the air, releases several blue shockwaves, causing a lot of damage, not only that but lowers the enemies stats, and inflicting many status effects. While shockwaves are being sent from her, she will send out small white balls of energy randomly hitting any enemy in range of the attack.

Grovyle:

1. Frenzy Plant Alpha: Grovyle, forms his Leaf Blade, and does a massive combo on one enemy, to segway his attack he uses double team around the enemy to confuse it, one of the illusion clones will use quick attack and knock the enemy into the air. Grovyle then proceeds to leap into the air, using a Leaf Blade combo, then following with a spin combo, knocking the enemy onto the ground, followed by a blast of energy that creates a giant tree explosion on top of them.

2. Void Tempest: Grovyle creates a ball of wind, and electricity, that consumes the enemy, causing large amounts of damage. Afterwards he sends a blade of air slicing the ball, and causing it to explode.

3. Fatal Strike: When used, Grovyle concentrates energy into his blades, to a normal enemy, he will instantly kill it, in one hit. To a boss he will do immense damage.

Storm the Zoroark:

1. Shadow Rain: Darkness envelops Zoroark, she then leaps high into the air and releases a dark shockwave, releasing balls of darkness onto the enemies below, as she descends she envelops herself in a sphere making contact with the ground releasing a wave onto every enemy.

2. Dark Drive: Zoroark becomes enveloped in a dark aura, and dashes at the enemy, continuosly damaging them on each pass while teleporting. She then sends them into the air, and envelops them in a dark sphere, and slams them in the ground. With the explosion creates pillars of darkness to rise out of the ground hitting enemies in specific areas.

3. Illusion Blast: Zoroark uses her powers of illusion to trick the enemy into thinking it is being grabbed by a dark hand. She then builds up power in her hand and releases a beam of darkness onto the held Pokemon.

Raven the Lucario:

1. Aura Storm: Lucario leaps into the air and focuses the aura into his hands raining down a beam of energy onto the enemies below creating a wave of aura energy, damaging all enemies near the blast.

2. Radiant Charge: Raven imbues himself in a blue aura, and charges towards the enemy multiple times, and slamming into the ground creating a shock wave.

3: Divine Judgement: (Learned only when certain conditions are met, after visiting the 3 temples of the old Arceus, after beating each of the bosses that gaurd it will he then learn this attack.) Lucario focuses immense energy within him, he then unleashes it onto the enemy by creating an Arcane Circle under them, (enemies can avoid this if they jump over right as the circle appears) then lights of pure energy rain down on to the circle where the enemies have been snared. After the lights have finished showering down a massive earthquake knocks them into the air sending them onto their backs. (Must be in Overdrive to initiate.) <== Reference attack much?

Grace the Shaymin:

1. Seed Flare: Shaymin builds up power in her flowers on her back, and then releases a large explosion causing immense damage to surrounding enemies.

2. Sacred Overgrowth: Shaymin, releases a large amount of energy into the earth, several beams of light pierce the area, damaging all who get hit by the beams. Finishing the attack large plants whip out of the ground, and follows with an area explosion.

3. World Elements: Shaymin harnesses the power of the planet, and attacks with a flurry of elemental blasts, causing a lot of damage to surrounding enemies.

Also on another side note of many, I have a file with all the Pokemon Attacks on it, as well as custom ones that I came up with.

Video Documentary: Soon to come!

Side-Quests: Still currently working on these, but in doing these will result in good outcomes via the main story. If you decide not to do these side-quests, then bad things will happen to those characters. Basically it pulls a Majora's Mask on you. If you don't make the Cut-Off Point then bad things will happen to those characters, and you will feel bad about them, more than likely.

Spoiler:

Voice Acting: Looking for anyone who is willing to voice act. There are requirements though.
1. You must be in a silent room, no fans, nothing going on that could impede on the sound quality.
2. You must use a microphone, along with a Pop-filter if you don't know what it is, it's basically a way of removing any sound pops in the audio. Essentially what professionals use. You also need to find a way to mount your microphone one way is to be creative, or use a mic stand.
3. You may record without a pop-filter but if you do, you will have to clean up the audio manually.
4. You need to record a line from a voice acting script that I will be putting together. The voice acting script is a demo portion of the main story script so that way you wont be totally spoiled. It's a way of showing me that you have the potential to voice these lines. If you do pass, then I will hand over the main script to you to fully voice. You may assign yourself to any role you wish, so long as you can voice it well.
5. After you have recorded your lines, you must send it to me, via my email, which is [email protected].
------------------------
This thread will be updated based on your ideas and also if people would like to assist in this fan-game. If you would like to assist in this, post a reply to this main thread.

Game Director/Story Director: Dylanrockin 45% complete
Graphic Designer: AKAnanaki
Coder: Game Coder needed
Voice Actors: Slots open after script is written, with one exception (currently) to the Game Over screen, post if you want to voice act for the 8 different versions of the Game Over screen.
Map Designer: pokefangames
Model Animator: Animator Needed
Music: Music 80% Complete
-----------------------------
Side Note AGAIN!!!: 3D models for most of the Pokemon I already have thanks to Pokepark Wii 1 and 2 from the Sprite resource site so thanks goes out to them. I have a folder with all of the files that I will upload, as well as the attack list that still needs to be edited.

To those who are interested in animating these models the files are able to be downloaded in the link below.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gopk4j

Knowledge Required:

Knowledge with C++ or C# coding will be fine.
Knowledge on rigging and animating, so programs like Maya, or I believe Unity3d I can't remember if Unity has it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated :).

Last edited:

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
I'll help with your project, I have very good knowledge of Unity 3D and wouldn't mind helping with mechanics or environment modeling.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I'll help with your project, I have very good knowledge of Unity 3D and wouldn't mind helping with mechanics or environment modeling.

Very nice, since this post was made I have been working on the story massively as well, as the in battle dialogue. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: I have been writing for about 5 hours, on this one section of the game, that I have been dying to get to. These are the Journal Entries of the Memory Graveyard, this is the most emotional part for me to write, I was hurting when writing this, it is just that sad.
-----------------------------
Journal Entries:

Jensen Journal Entry 1: My family have just recently moved here to the region of Ubiquea, I am so exited to head there and meet them. They had just recently built a mansion, as our home, but not only that it is also said to be worshipping ground for Arceus. Great a bunch of cue-balls entering and leaving for worship, just what I need right? They told me that they had a surprise for me over the phone, oh I can't wait! Jordan is just as eager as I am, to see a whole new world.

Jensens Journal Entry 2: I have just arrived here in Ubiquea, and guess what? I am writing this from inside of our mansion! It's so cool here, the view is beautiful, and guess what I got my first Pokemon. It's a Pikachu, it has the softest fur, the cutest chirp when I hug it, I never want to leave it ever! Jordan also befriended her first Pokemon, but it wasn't given to her, she had already recieved her Pokemon, which was a Clefairy, which is one of the cutest little things I have ever seen! Not as cute as my Pikachu though. But let's not get side-tracked, the Pokemon she befriended was a Shaymin! The little hedgehog is the cutest, I love watching it play out in the flower fields, and watching it transform into it's Sky Forme. Man she is soo, lucky, but I have my Pikachu, and that's all I need, right?

Jensens Journal Entry 3: My Pikachu, has just recently became sick. I have been watching for the past 2 weeks, I really hope he is okay. He keeps coughing, and his cheeks spark orange-ish electricity, I am almost too scared to help it. But try as I must, I will make this Pikachu better, I promised I would be a good owner, and a good master.

Jensens Journal Entry 4: It's been 3 weeks since my Pikachu was sick, thank goodness he has gotten better. To boot, we have been playing much more than usual, I am so happy to see he has gotten better. However there is one thing I wish had gotten better, is my families habit of inviting these stupid worshippers here! Fine fare enough, this place is a semi-temple, but really every day? I had just realized that I have not written much about my sister Jordan very much recently. For the past few days, she has been acting strange to her Pokemon, her Shaymin has been trying to get her attention for awhile now, I feel sorry for the poor dear. Her Clefairy had just recently passed away so, I guess that's the reason behind all of this. If it were me, I wouldn't be griefing over things like that! I would accept that Shaymins plight, and kindness and show some in return. I tell her "you should take better care of your Pokemon, I guess that's why it died!" After that she goes on and on, about how perfect I am, that my Pikachu is perfect in every way, it was soo fortunate to live through it's sickness and not hers. The reason was that, she didn't take care of it, I bet the same will be for that Shaymin.

Jensens Journal Entry 5: That Shaymin, it's been acting strangely, it's been saying it's name in a really hoarse tone for days now. It appears okay, but Jordan refuses to take care of it, it won't trust me with taking care of it, only her. My, how I feel bad, just really bad, that it had been neglected for so long. I cried myself to sleep knowing this, that Jordan could care less about being it's master. One time, she yelled at it for comforting her, and let it sleep outside in the cold. Instead of sleeping, it just stood there, looking at her bedroom window from below, all night long. It was sad and crying, I felt so bad for it I-I it's just so hard to write this, that I can't even express how I feel about all this! My mom said, that it is best to let things heal in time. But that Shaymin, it was happy for the longest time with Jordan. Then she ignored it, yelled at it, and it showed nothing but gratitude towards her even in the darkest situations. One day, it was crying in the hallway, seperating her room, and mom and dads room. They came out of there bedroom, and wondered what the matter was. My sister got a stern talking to, and they tried taking the Shaymin into there room to sleep, but it wouldn't accept them. I just hope things will get better...

Jensens Journal Entry 6: This has turned for the worse, my sister has just recently passed away to an unknown illness, and even worse is that Shaymin. I think it has lost all reason to live. It has been bundled in a ball on the bed in Jordans bedroom, it cries day in and day out. I enter the room to comfort the poor little hedgehog, it for whatever reason accepted me. It must have thought, that my taking care of it, reminded her of Jordan. But when I am not there, it says it's name eerily, and quietly, the people in the mansion think it's insane or something. My Pikachu is even scared of it sometimes, try as I must, I attempt to comfort it, and it returns as well. One day, it went out into the graveyard near our mansion in the forrest, it looked like it was searching for something. It was in it's Sky Forme, I guess so that way it could find it easier I'm guessing. But it was walking, like it was in a trance, it's fur was matted and not groomed, it's eyes were blank and empty. I tried, making it stop, but my dad told me to let it go, let it be free. I don't think it wanted to be free at all, I think she was looking for Jordan. But... Jordan is d-dead. She must be taking it real hard, she is looking for her every day, I just want this all to stop and go back to normal! I am the only one who tries to stay postitive!!! Unlike Jordan, I accepted my Pikachu's kindness, and I still do to this day, three years after I first got him! One year after Jordan's death.

Jensens Journal Entry 7: I-I can't take it anymore, this land is... cursed... my... family, is finished. My father, is going insane or something, and mom had just recently died. We should never have moved here in the first place. Ever since my mom died, of Human parainfluenza virus. My dad is talking to himself non-stop, I am afraid to even get near him. I-it's n-n-not only that but I believe I am on my way out too, I am afraid to tell m-my P-Pikachu, but I will rest easy knowing this. Pikachu, Shaymin, live... w- (The entry ends there)

Picahu's Entry: I have been enjoying living with Jensen. I have learned to read and write thanks to her however my punctuation in writing isnt what you would call good. I know the basics of human writing just not the complicated sort. I can now communicate to her this way and I love writing! She is so happy when I am with her I couldnt of had it any other way for these past 2 years. There is one thing though whats up with Jordan? There are these weird people in white coats who enter and exit her room. I hope she is okay.
Pikachu's Entry 1: It has been two weeks since I last wrote a journal entry, but I now know how to punctuate, it feels so great knowing these sort of things yup yup! There is one thing I wish I did not have to know, Jordan passing away. I loved her, just like I love Jensen, I get this strange feeling things are only going to get worse from here on out, even Shaymin is acting odd.

Pikachu's Entry 2: What's going on with Shaymin? She has been saying the weirdest things, first Clefairy now Jordan great. Shaymin sadly said farewell during Jordan's funeral, I wanted to comfort her in any way I can even now. Shaymin, has been by herself a lot, she has been saying things like "love me, love me, please love me again." Not only that but here is everything she has been saying: "I will be forever yours. Why wouldn't you love me? Why'd you change, why, why WHYYYY?!?!?" I followed Jensen into Jordan's room, we tried comforting her as much as we could. For some reason instead of rejecting Jensen, she accepted her for whatever reason. She never did that before, then why now? I don't know, I love Shaymin like a sister, and I want to see her alright, I try taking care of her in any way I can, day in and day out.

Pikachu's Entry 3: This is all wrong! First Clefairy, then Jordan, and now the mom? What, what's going on here? This place, is giving me the chills now. Things have gotten worse, but Jensen is rather positive though. However she doesn't look alright that's for sure. Shaymin had disappeared recently, she said she was looking for Jordan. But Jordan is dead, I tried stopping her, she wouldn't listen! She then vanished into the graveyard forrest, I miss her! I miss Shaymin, I miss Jordan, I miss Clefairy, I miss Julia! I miss everything! Shaymin, why, why did you leave me, and everyone here? Jordan is dead, can't you see? Not only that, but Jensen is worrying me, she hasn't even told her dad about anything that has happened to her! This is wrong, the worshippers here, have stopped coming, they think this place is a place of ruin! This is home... my home... home... Huh? Jensen? She, left the room, what for?

Pikachu's Entry 4: This is it, the end. My home, is over with. Jensen is.... gone... no... no... Howard, left the house screaming a blood curdling scream, into the graveyard forrest. That forrest has taken everyone away from me! Ever since it was built 4 years ago, when this very mansion was built! The only one left besides me in this mansion... is the other caretaker, and she is the only ones taking care of me now are the people on the other part of the mansion. I am, alone... alone... alone, like Shaymin... But soon, they wont be here long. I refuse to eat ANYTHING THEY GIVVEEE MEEE! I DON'T WANT ANY OF THEIR PITY!! I just want Jensen back! I want everything back! I am alone in my world, in my home. My real home, isn't even here, it's the field that I was found in, with my real mother, and father. I remember them, I do... Their comforting smiles. They wouldn't want to see me like this... no of course not... Jensen I promise I will find you! Nothing, and I MEAN NOTHING WILL STAAANNNDDDD IN MYYY WAYYY!!! JENSENNNNN!!!!!!

Pikachu's Entry Post-Life 1: I said I would, I said it indeed. I would look for her, I would yes I did! Everyone in this house, is gone for good. All that's left are the ghost Pokemon, and undead Pokemon that roam these halls. And me, well I'm dead too, I am looking for Jensen. These people, well their dead, because of me. Since they died these Pokemon came to live instead, now I am not alone. But nothing is as comforting as Jensens hug, Shaymins playful laugh, and Jordans smile. I find myself, looking at these mirrors in the many rooms of this house, I see me, covered in blood, matted fur, and the darkest eyes you have ever seen. I also find myself listening to the cold bitter music of the after-life from the many radios that span accross these many halls. It calls me, I follow the tune.

Pikachu's Entry Post-Life 2: I am lost, but I see the same things every day. Myself, looking at myself, the same mess as before. Looking for her, I killed another person the other day. Wanna know how, of course you do. Whenever someone walks near these mirrors, and I just so happen to be there, I can see them on the other side... and BOOO! I can see many things, through anything that gives a reflection. They act as a portal through this house, that only us ghosts can access. But I am not just any ghost, nooooo far from it. I am, living just like you, just griefing more than you ever will! How I miss Shaymin, how I loved her so, she was a sister in every way to me! Clefairy, I never got to know her for too long, she came down with the same illness I had, unlike her I lived. I swear Jensen, I will find you, and we can be together again, you left me, just like how everyone left you. I love you Jensen, I love you very much, that writing this in the after-life, I still feel, that I have a heart. I remember when I would watch you write in your journal, every so often. I learned from you, just as you learned from me. I will never forget you.

Pikachu's Entry Post-Life 3: I-I-I I am regretting everything I have done; to these people who I slaughtered just to find you, as I died of starvation and loneliness. As I stalk the halls, everyday, just to find you. I look out the windows, and see the same thing everyday, the world, the dawn, the dusk. I remember it solely. The passing seasons, the fog that occasionally invelops this mansion. And then I look in these mirrors, these mirrors that show what I have become. I-I am not what I should be. I wish that one day, I will be put to rest for eternity, and live with you, and everyone else up there. Shaymin, Jordan, Clefairy, Julia, Howard, and of course you Jensen. I love you.

Pikachu's Entry Post-Life Final Note: Jensen, I-I have been wandering these halls for so long, I don't even know how long at this point. 5-10 years now at best. But, I have found this party of sorts, not human but Pokemon. A Cyndaquil, an Eevee, a Grovyle, and a Shaymin. A SHAYMIN! That Shaymin everytime I get a glimpse of her here, I am struck with painful memories, I-I want to kill them, everytime I see them. They found one of your journal entries, your secrecy has been soiled, and I will KILL THEM! I will, for bringing back those painful memories, I said it once, I regret what I have done. I look at myself in these mirrors, looking into myself, at what I am now, and what I once was. I-I don't want to live anymore, I want them to put me out of my misery, so I can be with you, and everyone else, and maybe other Pokemon, and people up there. Y-yes, I will, I will not kill anymore, but that Shaymin, that Shaymin, I wish to see my best friend back, not someone else. How dare they mock me with her! I get angry everytime I see her! I wish I could have done something to stop her grief! It ends tonight Jensen, it ends here, this place is not my home, my home is with you, my loneliness ends here tonight.

Marina's Entry: Rest in peace, Pikachu, Shaymin, Clefairy, Jordan, Julia, Howard, and Jensen Sullivan. Rest easy, and I hope you live happy, in the after-life, where we will eventually join you. We have a journey to take care of first though, so it can wait for just a little while longer, I promise you all, we will see you all one day.
Love: Marina, Cirrus, Jade, and Grace the Shaymin

Shaymin: Pikachu, we are together again, I am so sorry for leaving you, I just wanted to see Jordan again. We are all sorry, for having you suffer the torment of wandering those halls for so long. I am so glad they came and helped you onto the right path.
Pikachu: I know, I am sorry to for worrying you, and I am sorry for worrying you especially Jensen.
Jensen: I wish I knew what you were saying, but I am sure that you are happy now, we are together again, all of us, our home is here with our family, we can finally live free. All of us.
Jordan: Shaymin
Shaymin: Huh, Jordan?
Jordan: Ever since those Pokemon came, and brought you to my grave, I was so happy to see you again. I am very sorry for everything especially mistreating you, and Clefairy.
Clefairy: Jordan, I know what you were thinking, you were confused, you didn't know what to do. I don't blame you.
Shaymin: Jordan, I love you Jordan. I am so sorry! I didn't me to kill those people, who would venture into the forrest!
Jordan: Shaymin, I wish I wasn't so stupid back then, so selfish. I love you Shaymin, and I love you to Clefairy.
Pikachu: Now all of, let's rest where we should, at home. Together.
Shaymin: Yeah, thank you all of you.
Jensen: Cirrus, Marina, Grace, Jade, thank you all so much, we will never forget you.
------------------------------
I plan on writing more Journal Entries for the back story of the mansion later, but this is by far the most frightening, depressing, grim part of the game, the player will ever experience, especially in the forrest. By the way this isn't until after you get the first 2 elemental plates after you recruit Grace, and Jade. This is the most disturbing part of the game, for anyone, and no this is not a kids game, there is slight hints of blood and stuff but nothing vulgar. The game in itself is dark, let's just put it that way.

By the way this is the undead Pikachu, that stalks you through out the halls. Inspired by the Creepypasta design, Snow on Mt. Silver.

attachment.php

Credit goes to the original drawer. Sorry, I have no clue who that is unfortunately.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Well I already have almost all of the Pokemons 3D models, but then again, I am not gonna use all 649. The areas are gonna be a tad difficult though, that's for sure.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
In some cases, yeah. For the most part, the most difficult will have to be the rigging, and animating.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: The Villains of the Game

The Dark Fangs: Are a evil organization, who wish to use the Elemental Plates, for their own nefarious needs. The organization, is run by their leader Darkrai. Rather than you fighting him throughout most of the game, you fight his right-hand-man.

Shadow the Bisharp: Darkrai's right-hand-man, and one of the 2 commandants of the Dark Fang army, he commands his team, which comprises of: Hydreigon, Scizor, Haxorus, Archeops, and Honchkrow. His actions are quick and precise, he takes no prisoners, and is willing to take out anything that stands in his masters way. Throughout the game, him and his team, continuously attack the main party, to stop their attempts at collecting all the plates. He is a master at scouting, ever since he was with humans he was trained in such tactics. The party does not learn about his true name, till they obtain the 4th elemental plate.

Flaire the Blaziken: Darkrai's other chain-in-command, 2nd only to Bisharp in terms of respect. She is the other commandant of the Dark Fangs. She controls, the Dread Wings Fleet, both comprise of sea and air. She on certain occasions assists the party in their endeavors, not so much as helping them obtain the plates, but more on the lines of mutual gain. Her orders towards the middle of the game, are to order all of the Dread Wings to invade all 4 of the capitol cities of Ubiquea, to obtain the nations prized plate, hidden within.

Darkrai: The leader of this organization, he plans on using all 16 of the elemental plates, to revive Arceus, and seize control of his powers. His plan succeeds only to some extent, as to fully control him, he needs the Lustrous, Adamant, and the Griseous Orbs to control those dimensions specifically. He cares not what happens to the world, so much as he can rebuild it, in his own image, while ruling in the Reverse World.

pokefangames

Sinor Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
If I may offer a suggestion for a game engine, I would suggest Unity 3D. Because In unity you can create this game for the PC and MAC platform with using the same code (C#/Java) and if you want to be edgy you can also port this to mobile devices. and also this is great once you have all the maps and the characters done.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I would set it up with C#, for the PC, Unity is a brilliant suggestion.

Fantastic artwork from our concept artist: Storm the Zoroark's Mystic Drive Cut-in

test_zoroark_2_by_akananaki-d53xp01.jpg

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
If I may offer a suggestion for a game engine, I would suggest Unity 3D. Because In unity you can create this game for the PC and MAC platform with using the same code (C#/Java) and if you want to be edgy you can also port this to mobile devices. and also this is great once you have all the maps and the characters done.
If you meant C# is very similar to Java you are correct. but if you meant Unity Supports Java you are wrong, unity doesnt support Java it supports JavaScript mostly known as UnityScript because its not really web JavaScript.

So Your a programmer? You have an idea for pokemon and its going to be 3d? Do you have any models or any help from a 3D artist? You say you have the models can we see sample screens?

So is this being developed in Unity? if so you dont need this
C++ for Direct X and stuff like that.
Unity handles that for you. If your developing this from scratch I suggest looking into XNA it will make your life alot easier..

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Indeed, good sir the project files are in a downloadable link at the bottom of the thread post. We are still currently working on it atm. So screen shots will come out soon enough. To answer your other question, yes I do have help from a 3D artist, once again in the main thread shows the current group.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: This is a little bit of a story update, after you obtain all 16 of the Elemental Plates you will be able to travel to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Continent. This is not post-game rather main story.

PMDFutureMap.png

Spoiler:

The map shown above has more dungeons just not labeled.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
test_eevee_2_by_akananaki-d54t102.jpg

New Cut-In artwork from our concept artist, once again big props goes out to her, for helping us with this project.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
This sounds really good! I really like the concept art and the diaries.

It will only get better, the story is quite dark, so keep that in mind, there is not that many things that will be super dark, but not kid friendly either.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: During the post-game you have a choice of starting EX: Game which is like a new game+, by using EX Points that are earned during battles, you can buy things like.

10X Experience - 3000 Ex Points
2X Experience - 1000 Ex Points
Keep Poke - 500 Ex Points
Keep Pokemon Data - 50 Ex Points
Keep Items (Including Rings) - 1000 Ex Points
Keep Drives - 1000 Ex Points
Keep Abilities - 500 Ex Points

You get the point, not only that, but during the post-game there will be kameo boss fights with: Red, Sapphire, Ruby, Gold, Silver, Kris, and Blue. Their significance to the story is... well there is none, they're locations are on islands bordering Strata. Why they're there will be a mystery. The fights will revolve around a traditional 1 VS 1 fight with 6 Pokemon on each side, when one goes down you can switch to someone else. They will have battle specific music, and will result in quite the challenge.

Spoiler:

These cut-ins were not provided by our concept artist, rather, I just kinda came across it, but these will be used in-game.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Facial Portraits will be used!! These will only be used as the battle portraits. Example: If say Cyndaquil got hit, the portrait right by his HP/PP would animate showing pain. Basically if you got hit or are attacking etc. Then the picture below will change based on those factors.

These are the facial portraits, however most of these wont be used: http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65116&stc=1&d=1341449097 only two will be used from this link.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65117&stc=1&d=1341449312 A LOT WILL BE USED FROM THIS ONE!!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65118&stc=1&d=1341449312 Only a few if any will be used from this link

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Update: Cirrus the Cyndaquil's Awakened Form. This form plays a major role near the end of the game, and is only available in 1 fight. The design inspiration came from the creepypasta Lost Silver, just like the concept artwork here.

Awakened Form:
attachment.php

Credit goes out to the original artwork designer of this.

Back