• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon should NEVER be a part of a competitive team?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
I'm one for giving every mon a chance, and most can work with the right team support. The worst mon I can think of at the moment is Unown. Mons with limited movepools in general fall along my least favorite, but Unown is just awful.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Have you forget about Pachirisu in the world championship ? ;)

For me, I won't use a Pokemon under 450 base stats. I know some people who won't use a Pokemon under 500. But a lot of my favorite Pokemon are under 500 lol.

There is a lot of Pokemon I love but I won't play with, like Farfetch'D, Delibird, Dodrio, Dewgong, Arbok, Sandslash, Venomoth, Cherrim (althought these last 3 I could definetly made one some day), Fearrow, Butterfree, Beedrill, Raticate..... a lot more too...

Half of those pokemon I would use in game just to use them infact I might actually do a solo with arbok for the fun of it plus it can use dark type moves and with air balloon hehehe it can also learn Aqua tail and coil and giga drain (DIE GROUND TYPE DIEEEEE) making it very versatile and can be utilized as a good tank in game but yeah competitively I would go with weezing cause you know good wall and FLAMRTHROWER (BURRRRRRRRRRRRN SUCKERS BURRRRRRRN). Sorry about the all caps.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I'm one for giving every mon a chance, and most can work with the right team support. The worst mon I can think of at the moment is Unown. Mons with limited movepools in general fall along my least favorite, but Unown is just awful.

I totally agree with you! Maybe if it had an Evolution &/or a wider moveset I'd have used it, just coz its unique, but an Unown with only Hidden Power, no way it'll find a way into my team.

Pika Pika :chu:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm someone who will always look for a way to break the meta, and I've tried quite a few pokemon, but Muk doesn't really hold well in the upper tiers. Muk is a decent special wall, but when most of the special attackers in OU have Psyshock, and most of the time STAB, it doesn't go well. I wouldn't recommend it.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
If we're talking about Ubers, I'd have to say that Primal Groudon should never be included in your teams. I am qualified to say this because I am an Ubers Room Moderator (@), meaning that I am one of the best ORAS Ubers players on Smogon. Its mediocre 100/90 special bulk is just not good enough in today's Ubers metagame. In addition, it has no way of recovering lost health, meaning that the ubiquitous entry hazards in Ubers wear it down very quickly.

You might be thinking that I'm retarded, because Primal Groudon has things like an immunity to Water-type moves thanks to Desolate Land, giving it only one consistent weakness. If Primal Kyogre manages to come in, however, you can kiss your Primal Groudon goodbye. Yes, I realise that Precipice Blades hits quite hard thanks to STAB and Primal Groudon's base 180 Attack, but that 15% miss chance is just not good enough and leaves you far too vulnerable to Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse.

Primal Groudon may be considered by many Ubers players to be the best Pokemon in the tier. It may be ranked at S+ in the ORAS Ubers viability ranking thread. It may be a Pokemon that many eminent Ubers players want banned. Ignore them. Primal Groudon is nothing more than hype, and I'm taking a stand as one of the few people who disagrees with the mainstream opinion.

Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 1, 2020
How about not using Zekrom with Bold/Calm naturing since it is the only pokemon that can Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike.

Also don't use Gyarados that knows Hydro Pump or Surf.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Well, you certainly don't want to use Lumineon, special attacking Scizor, special attacking Talonflame, or Regice on an OU team

all of which I saw today

I would post the replays but for some reason showdown downloads the replays to your computer now instead of uploading them to a server and giving you the link

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
Is it wrong that I think Kecleon shouldn't be used competitively?
I mean it's Protean ability sure makes it really great but if it were to have color swap then it could be taken advantage of and be OHK if lucky.
Just my 2 cents but it's still pretty good if it has Protean. ^_^

Drake.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE
Years
  • Age 27
  • MIA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
I've tried using regular lopunny as a physical attacker and fake out user in both OU and UU. Needless to say, it's terrible.

Years
Haha, I'm unbiased when it comes to the usage/value of any pokemon. I use all pokes where they don't belong ( With the exception of first/pre evolution ) when I will eventually incorporate in my future battles. I use a lot of 2nd evo pokemon who can benefit from eviolite.

Pokemon is both competitive and casual for me, which means I don't like using the same teams or being limited to certain pokemon because of tiers, but I make the best movesets I can to benefit my entire team. I personally think every pokemon can be effective, some just get one or two moves to shine while others can linger around until the end of the battle.

Back