• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
1. To get misty to return to her gym, go to bills house on teh cape brink

2. Keep looking, i found mudkip a lot sooner than an hour

3. I can't answer that one, it worked for me

4. Look at my previous post to find out how.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Sorry if it has posted before-i want to ask some things.
1.Firstly i have won all 4 gyms after the E4,in Johto, but when i look on dirk123's walkthrough he says that prof.elm will call me when i get to cerulean and the ship will go in vermilion,but nothing has happened.I went to cerulean,won the guy in front of the gym and there's nothing in it.I searched all cerulean but prof.elm never called me.
2.Also i got the ghostbuster but the ghosts dont go away
3.In Fuschia if you go to the safari zone Team Rocket steals your pokemon and i cant find a way to get them back.i searched all the "reachable" area that you can go without pokemon.
Why are these things happening?I can't do anything else on beta...

1. Go to a phone booth and call Elm
Spoiler:

3. Talk to bottom tree a few times

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2008
map

I tried catching a bulbasaur, but the map of the pokedex and the map in my bag is different! And also, in the map of the pokedex, what are the additional 3 maps in the left of the biggest map?

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
I would like to say again that Zel you have an awesome hack,one of the bests ever.I congratulate you.Keep up the good work :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2008
Oh, and I also found another glitch, I think...

I didn't get the third badge. I know,you have to talk to Whitney twice to get it, but in the Character menu thing, only the picture of the third badge is left out. Rock Smash doesn't work,either.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
nice to see such progreson shiny gold keep it up this is 1 of the 2 best g/s/c remakes only i suggest 1 thing
you cant enter trick house before you beet the 2nd gym a lvl.8 against a lvl.16 is a bit to high don't you think.

I guess you refer to the X version... Because in the normal I think the levels at the first puzzle were somewhere at around Lv12... If that's the case, then you already know what's the deal with the X, it's supposed to be a challenge.

In the end, it's not really a big problem, you should be aware that some decitions must be taken by the player... And they not always should take the right decitions... -_-

I have Shiny Gold Beta 2 on cartridge. I know you get into Olive City with the exception of the lighthouse. What I need to know is can you advance east from Ecruteck and head for Route 42 and Mount Morter. If you can how far can you get before something stops you.

Also has anyone had trouble saving when playing Shiny Gold on cartridge?

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find an old walkthrough for Shiny Gold that only goes up to Beta 2.

Nope, the B2 didn't have anything else after Olivine, and you couldn't reach Route42, Mahogany and the rest, so it ends at Olivine (you can surf at some areas, and that's as far as it gets)

Probably the pirates didn't care about making the save function work, so...

Any walkthrough (even the ones posted in the first post, on the Tourist section) will work on the previous Betas, as there haven't been that many changes in the game. Or you can also consult any of the original Gold guides (at Gamefaqs, if you want), because I try to stick as close as I can to the original game.

And as we always say: "SAY NO TO PIRATES!" (I recommend you to play the Beta from here, it'll be better)

ok so i decided to switch back to version 5 again even tho i've had problems with it, i think it was just the menu problem but i guess it's fine now, i just have a few questions......

1. How do u get misty to return to her gym? i can't find out how and i haven't played my actual gold version in ages, i only played pokemon again cuz of this hack and plus i play it on my fone rather than using PC......

2. i know u can find mudkip in the cave at azalea town, i forgot wat it's called but it's the one where u find lapras, but i've spent almost a full hour there and couldn't find it, do u surf on water or fish?? and wat part of the cave cuz i've tried everywhere.....

3. so i got the GS ball after arriving at vemeleon city, do i give it to kurt? Well i tried but he's always busy making the pokeball, i never got to get him to make me a 2nd one cuz he's always stuck at making the first one.........i want a Celebi :( that's the only pokemon i don't have in the actual Gold version i own......

4. How do u get to power plant? There's a ghost there, and i can't get that ghost identifier thing, silch co or something??

Most of the gameplay questions can be answered by reading the walkthroughs (as I said before, for some parts, even the ones for the original game work)

And don't forget, Kurt's pokeball making is a "timed event", and it's chained with the other "timed events" (like the berry trees, the trip on the ship, and many others), so just walk around for some minutes and then, if you haven't touched anything else, he'll be sitting in his usual position and he'll interact with you (obviously, you need to do the whole beating Vermilion and Saffron gyms and calling Elm to be able to travel by ship to Kanto event first)

1.Firstly i have won all 4 gyms after the E4,in Johto, but when i look on dirk123's walkthrough he says that prof.elm will call me when i get to cerulean and the ship will go in vermilion,but nothing has happened.I went to cerulean,won the guy in front of the gym and there's nothing in it.I searched all cerulean but prof.elm never called me.

Just to point out that some parts of the walkthrough need an update, guys ;)

I tried catching a bulbasaur, but the map of the pokedex and the map in my bag is different! And also, in the map of the pokedex, what are the additional 3 maps in the left of the biggest map?

It's obvious that they are different. We've gone through a lot of pain just to have the world map how it looks now, so the Pokedex stuff may take (a bit or a lot of) time to be changed (and it's not like it's in my list of priorities, anyway.
All the additional maps are from the different Sevii islands.

I suggest to the walkthrough people to start trying to make a SG Pokedex, I know that'll be really helpful (and when you need my help, though I prefer that you do the search yourself, I'll help)

----

Well, since I'm finally getting more motivated, and I see there are less questions and less PMs, I can now start working without problems on the next release.
I'll leave all the bug fixing pending for the last part, as I really want to progress further. So... Pewter, here we go!

Years
I suggest to the walkthrough people to start trying to make a SG Pokedex, I know that'll be really helpful
Im Not one of the *walktrhough peaple, But i made a pokedex one time... I do a lot of them, Mainly for my self to remeber there... I can put a nice layout for it, And then post it?

Since your strong point is scriping, why won't you script the Johto Gym Leaders OW sprites(If you do that, your hack will be perfect for me.)?

Since your strong point is scriping, why won't you script the Johto Gym Leaders OW sprites(If you do that, your hack will be perfect for me.)?
How do you script a sprite? XD

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Hey, zel.

I just got an idea. You may or may not like it.

After you complete the Shiny Gold, what about making an alternate version of it? The more exact version of Shiny Gold, without additional places, events, characters, team changes and remapped dungeons. If Shiny Gold had two versions: Normal (with your changes) and Classic (without your changes), you would satisfy both tradition lovers and innovation lovers.

Would it be too much of work? I dunno... It's just some deletions and minor script changes. The biggest problem would be remapping dungeons back to their GS State.

Anyway, keep up your current work. You should focus on what you're doing now. You don't have to like my idea at all.

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
I don't think zel is even going to consider that.
besides, an exact remake is boring, and zel made it fun.

It's your point of view.

I don't want Zel to abolish current Shiny Gold version.

I say AFTER COMPLETING.

If he does that, everyone will have a CHOICE between Classic and Innovated versions of Gold Remake.

Can you read?

Years
It's your point of view.

I don't want Zel to abolish current Shiny Gold version.

I say AFTER COMPLETING.

If he does that, everyone will have a CHOICE between Classic and Innovated versions of Gold Remake.

Can you read?
I can of don't like the idea, But there is some peaple there like *Allremake* So for them maybe?

And when zel i done white this he's gonna say *puuuh* But then he's gonna mis us and shiny gold! And then i coult do it?

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
Very good job. I think I still have the first beta on my sister's laptop. Once Im not busy I think I download the newer beta.

Years
Hey, zel.

After you complete the Shiny Gold, what about making an alternate version of it? The more exact version of Shiny Gold, without additional places, events, characters, team changes and remapped dungeons. If Shiny Gold had two versions: Normal (with your changes) and Classic (without your changes), you would satisfy both tradition lovers and innovation lovers.

Would it be too much of work? I dunno... It's just some deletions and minor script changes. The biggest problem would be remapping dungeons back to their GS State.

Anyway, keep up your current work. You should focus on what you're doing now. You don't have to like my idea at all.

what's the point or making an exact remake? It's just changing the tiles and stuff, so pretty much all the big changes u see is colour......i'm not an expert in these parts but u know wat i mean, wat else do u expect to see? Shiny Gold is already a whole remake (to me) except with a few added things, there are times when i got a little bit bored since i used to play it so much as a kid but then after seeing some new changes i picked up and played it more, otherwise i wouldn't have at all. Oh i forgot to say great job Zel, i've been asking questions all the time instead of saying thanks........

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Well, obviously people would love to have a choice between more than 1 hack, even if the scripts, and everything else is the same but some tiles and palettes are different, I would love it too. But it wouldn't be fun if you've already played the original game and have to play it again... I think it's just find leaving it the way it is right now, before OR after he finishes Shiny Gold.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Well, obviously people would love to have a choice between more than 1 hack, even if the scripts, and everything else is the same but some tiles and palettes are different, I would love it too. But it wouldn't be fun if you've already played the original game and have to play it again... I think it's just find leaving it the way it is right now, before OR after he finishes Shiny Gold.

I'd have fun playing this hack, because I never got my 2nd badge in 4X. Never played plain B4.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Im Not one of the *walktrhough peaple, But i made a pokedex one time... I do a lot of them, Mainly for my self to remeber there... I can put a nice layout for it, And then post it?

You are free to do it ;)

Hey, zel.

Before we get more people posting their opinion, I'll better answer this before any controversy gets generated.

Well, my thinking is pretty simple: "if you want an exact remake, then the only solution is to play the original game", because I find it a bit frustrating not to follow my own deviations of the game (it would not be worth to make everything as in the original), so I'm gonna keep making the game in the way I want.

About making a more close version after finishing the hack, I dont really want to face that. I really want to start something new after finishing SG, but, I think the wisest decision would be to, after a few months after the final release, to allow anyone to do whatever they want with the game. That way, if someone wants a more exact remake, they can just take the rom as a base and try to achieve an exact remake (which is something I doubt it can be done, anyway)

So, that's what I think about it. Hope everything's more clear now for you guys.

Back