• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Does anyone know how to change the title screen? I've looked all over for tutorials, but none of them help... What i'm mainly looking for is how to change the Background and the "Pokemon Fire Red" text

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
Hey there! I'm new to a lot of the ROM hacking, but I've managed to figure out a lot.

The one thing however i cannot seem to do is find all the sprites for Pokemon, gym leaders, etc for Fire Red. I can't get my hands on a simple list with the Offsets for the sprite, and the corresponding palette.

The thing i need is: a) The gym leader sprite offsets (in hex) and the corresponding palette offsets for Fire Red. or b) a way to find them (without spending HOURS and HOURS slowly searching individual hex values)?

I've looked everywhere. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Hey there! I'm new to a lot of the ROM hacking, but I've managed to figure out a lot.

The one thing however i cannot seem to do is find all the sprites for Pokemon, gym leaders, etc for Fire Red. I can't get my hands on a simple list with the Offsets for the sprite, and the corresponding palette.

The thing i need is: a) The gym leader sprite offsets (in hex) and the corresponding palette offsets for Fire Red. or b) a way to find them (without spending HOURS and HOURS slowly searching individual hex values)?

have you tried using unLZ? i think trainer/gym leader sprites start at around 1500 on fire red

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Does anyone know how to change the title screen? I've looked all over for tutorials, but none of them help... What i'm mainly looking for is how to change the Background and the "Pokemon Fire Red" text
There are good tutorials here so you haven't searched enough =D
But to answer: It's through UnLZ.GBA as I said we have tutorials here =)

I don't know why you need gym leader sprites in hex... o.O
Why don't you use the most primitive way how to change sprites? =)
And that is UnLZ.GBA =)

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
I don't know why you need gym leader sprites in hex... o.O
Why don't you use the most primitive way how to change sprites? =)
And that is UnLZ.GBA =)

Well i figured using NSE would have been the best way to do it, because you could enter the sprite offset and then work with it directly?

I'll look into UnLZ.GBA, i haven't really used it before. Thank you very much!

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Well i figured using NSE would have been the best way to do it, because you could enter the sprite offset and then work with it directly?

I'll look into UnLZ.GBA, i haven't really used it before. Thank you very much!

well if you're using NSE already why not use the trainer plugin?
go to options then plugin then choose plugins\Trainers.npi

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
well if you're using NSE already why not use the trainer plugin?
go to options then plugin then choose plugins\Trainers.npi

Wow... Wow just wow. Seriously i spent about 2 days looking on a good way to just index all of the player sprites. Both solutions outlined have helped me immensely.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I appreciate it.

Years
I want to swap events with trainers/events/signposts/etc. How do I do that? Like changing Youngster Calvin to Youngster Joey or make the Weedle man appear in Viridian Forest? An example of this is in Flora Sky where you can battle Psychic Edward in Route B. How do you do that?

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
I want to swap events with trainers/events/signposts/etc. How do I do that? Like changing Youngster Calvin to Youngster Joey or make the Weedle man appear in Viridian Forest? An example of this is in Flora Sky where you can battle Psychic Edward in Route B. How do you do that?
Copy their code and paste it into another "person" event on another map, just copy it line for line if you want, but all you really need is the script offset and the person ID (if there is one), the rest you don't need, but for an exact copy of the person event then you should copy it all over. shouldn't take more than 3 minutes

Tyranizor

WeAvIlE
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Im very new here and im tryin to hack fire red. I have all the tools but when i try to open the ROM it wont show fire red in my downloads or anywhere!

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Does anyone know if there's tutorials out there for how to edit the look of the battle screen (text boxes, health and experience gauge, battle background), look of the dialogue boxes, look of the pokedex, or the text font used in Fire Red?

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Anyone know how to hack the natures or at least where their effects are stored in Emerald? I'd like to either remove them or just change them so that they all have the same effect as "serious." I'm sick of catching psychic types with nerfed special stats, as an example.

EDIT: And as for hacking the battle screen, dialogue boxes, etc in Fire Red, those are all graphics hacks. You should look for tutorials that are focused on unlz-GBA and tilemolester. Those programs are probably your best shot at doing something like that.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Anyone know how to hack the natures or at least where their effects are stored in Emerald? I'd like to either remove them or just change them so that they all have the same effect as "serious." I'm sick of catching psychic types with nerfed special stats, as an example.

Changing the 2 bytes at 0x042EAE in the ROM to 00 20 will effectively make all natures do nothing. If it doesn't work, PM me. I just grabbed what was in my notes.

EDIT: Whoops this is for FireRed. I need to read more carefully. >_< Sorry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Gym Leader Script

Hey can someone give the the script for Brock (or any gym leader in FR) so that I can change just the Pokemon that he battles with and the things that he says? thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Why my pokemon sprite disapeare when i'm edit dex data?

please be more specific.
what ROM you're using? and the tool, and the steps/process you did...

Hey can someone give the the script for Brock (or any gym leader in FR) so that I can change just the Pokemon that he battles with and the things that he says? thanks!

Why not just use Advance Map and open the scripts through XSE.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Changing the 2 bytes at 0x042EAE in the ROM to 00 20 will effectively make all natures do nothing. If it doesn't work, PM me. I just grabbed what was in my notes.

EDIT: Whoops this is for FireRed. I need to read more carefully. >_< Sorry.

Don't worry about that, even if it didn't help the OP it helps me.

In RBY you can choose for a town/pokemon to be use a specific palette, Cerulean uses blue but another town uses red for example. This also changes the palette the hero uses so it matches. Pokemon in the pokedex entries and when battling also use different palettes depending on which type of pokemon they are.

Is there any way to do the same thing in Fire Red (I'm replacing everything in Fire Red with old Red version stuff)? Or do I have to add in already-coloured pokemon in the pokedex entries and stuff like that?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
I incorporated generation 2 Pokemon into a Fire Red rom, but where you can get them BEFORE you get the full pokedex later on. However, when I play it, the pokemon won't evolve. Why is this? Do I need to give my player the full pokedex at the beginning?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I incorporated generation 2 Pokemon into a Fire Red rom, but where you can get them BEFORE you get the full pokedex later on. However, when I play it, the pokemon won't evolve. Why is this? Do I need to give my player the full pokedex at the beginning?

Yeah, you do. You need to set a certain flag in order to work. This question has been asked countless times, so feel free to search for the National Pokedex script answer:

special 0x16F I think. Or setflag... I'm not a good scripter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
I'm having some trouble understanding palette colors:

When looking at anything with VBA's palette/tile/OAM viewers, color RGB values are always double digits, and are numbers that, when entered directly into Paint, ensure much darker colors than what is seen in-game.

What am I missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back