• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Letter Challenge V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Welcome to the 3rd version of The Username Letter Challenge!

This challenge is very simple! All you got to do is take the 6 first letters of your username and choose any Pokemon that start with those letters, but if you have numbers in your username, ignore those. and just use the letters, also if your username is less than 6 letters, base your team depending how much letters your username have.

For Example my username is LilJz1234, my team would be Lileep, Illumise, Lotad, Jynx & Zubat. Since I only got 5 letters in my username and the rest are just numbers, my team will be composed of 5 members.

Rules:
° Trading is permitted BUT the level of that Pokemon must be on par with the ones on your team
° Hacking a Pokemon is allowed ONLY if the Pokemon you're planning on using isn't available to catch in your game
° Legendaries are permitted to only one per team
° HM slaves are allowed but they must not be a member of your team
° Your Pokemon must always keep the same first letter of it's name, so if your letter was an M and you caught a Mankey and you want to evolve it into a Primeape, you can't since they don't share the same first letter. Changing it's name does not count and therefore doesn't bypass this rule.

Here's a list of the Pokemon by letters

The challenge ends when you:
RBY/FRLG: Defeat your rival after the Elite 4
R/S/E: Defeat Steven
GSC/HGSS: Defeat Red on Mt. Silver
DPPt: Defeat Cynthia after the Elite 4
BW: Defeat Alder
B2W2: Deafeat Iris

Sign-up sheet:
Username:
Game(s):
Team(s):

Champions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
I'll sign up
Username:Nineray
Game(s): White 2
Team(s): (N)idoking (I)nfernape (N)idoqueen (E)mpoleon (R)aikou (A)rcheops
I have seven letters in my name, does that mean that I would have one more pokemon that I can switch out and in my team whenever or just use the first 6?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'll give this a go! :3

Username: Narnia
Game: Ruby
Team: Ninetales,Ampharos,Roselia, Nidoking,Illumise,Altaria

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'll sign up
Username:Nineray
Game(s): White 2
Team(s): (N)idoking (I)nfernape (N)idoqueen (E)mpoleon (R)aikou (A)rcheops
I have seven letters in my name, does that mean that I would have one more pokemon that I can switch out and in my team whenever or just use the first 6?

Nope. You only use the first 6 letters of your username :)

So, since I gotta do this too I'll sign myself up :)

Username: LilJz1234
Game(s): FireRed
Team(s): Lapras, Ivysaur, lickitung, Jolteon, Zapdos

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Username: inferno7453
Game(s): Emerald
Team(s): Ivysaur, Nosepass, Flygon, Electabuzz, Roselia, Ninetales.
Can I hack at least 1 of them as a starter or something? (As none of them are available at the very start)

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Username: inferno7453
Game(s): Emerald
Team(s): Ivysaur, Nosepass, Flygon, Electabuzz, Roselia, Ninetales.
Can I hack at least 1 of them as a starter or something? (As none of them are available at the very start)

Yes, you can. You can use the starters until you find one of the Pokemon you're using and then you box it for the rest of the game, or you hack one Pokemon from the beginning.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
This seems nice. I just restarted me Soulsilver so what the hey?

Username: Xilfer123
Game(s): Soulsilver
Team(s):
Spr_4h_178_m.png
Spr_4p_392.png
Spr_4d_305.png
Spr_4h_160.png
Spr_4h_101.png
Spr_4p_407_m.png

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
Name: TrollShammy80
Game: Yin Black
Team:
T-Typholsion
R-Raichu
O-Octillery
L- Linoone
L- Liepard
S-Serperior

This should be interesting thanks :)

Years
I haven't been on in a while and this looks interesting so I'm gonna try it :D

Username:joshbl56
Game(s):Black
Team(s): (J)ellicent, (O)shawott, (S)woobat, (H)axorus, (B)eartic, (L)ampent

Wow, this will basically have me carry around two pokemon half the time XD
Question: Can we use a hack version (Like Volt White or Blaze Black) instead of originals? If so, I would like to use Blaze Black instead but with the same team :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Of course you can use hacks, we wouldn't want anyone to feel left out of this challenge, would we? :)

Does Blaze Black have the exact same Pokemon as in Black? If so, you can :)

Years
Of course you can use hacks, we wouldn't want anyone to feel left out of this challenge, would we? :)

Does Blaze Black have the exact same Pokemon as in Black? If so, you can :)

Blaze Black is a hack that actually puts all the pokemon into the game. I mainly wanted to use it because the trainers and gyms are harder and have more pokemon for experience. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Blaze Black is a hack that actually puts all the pokemon into the game. I mainly wanted to use it because the trainers and gyms are harder and have more pokemon for experience. :)

Oh, then okay then pick whichever Pokemon you want then x)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Yes, you can. You can use the starters until you find one of the Pokemon you're using and then you box it for the rest of the game, or you hack one Pokemon from the beginning.

OK, so I was checking, and it seems that Ivysaur, Roselia and Electabuzz can not be found in Emerald, only by trade, so can I hack them in? And if so where should I put them? (Route ??? or something) I'm thinking about putting Ivysaur as my starter and Electabuzz in New Maulville (I think that's the name), and Roselia in Route 117, where you can find it in Ruby/Saphire.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
OK, so I was checking, and it seems that Ivysaur, Roselia and Electabuzz can not be found in Emerald, only by trade, so can I hack them in? And if so where should I put them? (Route ??? or something) I'm thinking about putting Ivysaur as my starter and Electabuzz in New Maulville (I think that's the name), and Roselia in Route 117, where you can find it in Ruby/Saphire.

Yea, put Ivysaur as your starter and Electabuzz you can put him wherever you want, and Roselia put it in the route where it can usually be found :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Yea, put Ivysaur as your starter and Electabuzz you can put him wherever you want, and Roselia put it in the route where it can usually be found :)

OK, thanks, I'll be putting Electabuzz in New Maulville because that's where you find the other eletric types of the game, seems more appropriate. :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Seraphimon-sama
Game: Blaze Black 2
Team: Salamence, Emboar, Rhyperior, Arceus, Pikachu, Hydreigon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back