• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New evolution methods.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Weather evolutions do sound pretty good at first, but then you realize that all you have to do is use raindance or sandstorm or hail or sunny day. This form of evolution is too easy and simple to be actually used in-game.
I mentioned perhaps they could use natural weather, as in not set by a Pokemon. The weather could be location specific.

I really like Scarf's idea of volcanic ash, it'll be nice to see that make a return. Maybe they can evolve Camerupt, and Torcoal under that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Volcanic ash would be awesome and also could heal your Pokemon of status at the same time so it could have a double-up effect :3

Years
I like the weather idea. Personally, I doubt anything like Kerrablast & Shelmet will come up again, though I wouldn't put GF past considering at some point things like "Happiness evolution at level XX while holding X rock in the morning."

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think weather-based evolution could be cool for new Pokémon, but editing anything old just for the sake of using the new feature would be silly. I like the volcanic ash suggestion especially, maybe give Torkoal and evolution that would evolve under it, or a Heatmor pre-evolution/new evolution.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I remember seeing a mention of a food-based evolution and I really support that idea. France has some of the finest food in the world at least in my opinion so it'd definitely be interesting to see something like Feebas to Milotic again except instead of poffins perhaps if you made a certain dish and fed it to your Pokemon a certain amount of times, the Pokemon would evolve? Just a thought :3.

Some of the dishes could even include frog legs, but then again I'm not sure if Game Freak would decide to put that in :B. But any fine-tasting or famously known French food :3.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I remember seeing a mention of a food-based evolution and I really support that idea. France has some of the finest food in the world at least in my opinion so it'd definitely be interesting to see something like Feebas to Milotic again except instead of poffins perhaps if you made a certain dish and fed it to your Pokemon a certain amount of times, the Pokemon would evolve? Just a thought :3.

Some of the dishes could even include frog legs, but then again I'm not sure if Game Freak would decide to put that in :B. But any fine-tasting or famously known French food :3.

Giving frog legs to Froakie for example could be the meanest thing ever. ;_; I'm okay if it's actual food, but not if it's actual... animals/Pokemon as an evolution method. :x

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was thinking that maybe pokemon can evolve if it has a certain sickness like Pokerus, even though it'd be extremely rare to evolve a pokemon from that, it can be quite interesting, imo. And another thing, how do you guys feel about evolution that is more deeply involved with DNA? Or perhaps more odd and hidden evolution methods? For example... there was that time where Nincada can technically evolve into both a Ninjask, and a Shedinja, so long as you've had a pokeball and a empty slot in your party. Could there be one pokemon that you have to have at least one other pokemon to evolve the other pokemon with?

Or with letters:

You need Pokemon "A" and "B" to evolve Pokemon "A" to Pokemon "C".

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe with that in mind you could also need a certain strand of DNA to get evolution..? If DNA does become important, that is.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Leveling up to 69 and 3/9ths, while surfing on a level 70 keldeo in it's resolution forme, in a sandstorm, using a dawn stone while the pokemon is holding a PPmax at 9:46pm after beating 30 Arceus'

Most complicated evolution ever

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Leveling up to 69 and 3/9ths, while surfing on a level 70 keldeo in it's resolution forme, in a sandstorm, using a dawn stone while the pokemon is holding a PPmax at 9:46pm after beating 30 Arceus'

Most complicated evolution ever

Leveling up to 69 and 3/9ths, while surfing on a level 70 keldeo in it's resolution forme, in a sandstorm, using a dawn stone while the pokemon is holding a PPmax at 9:46pm after beating 30 Arceus Using only Magikarp :P

On a more serious note, How about some Mechanical evolution. I mentioned this on another thread.I'm thinking something similar to the scenario of Genesect. What if they include a Machine in some hidden/evacuated Laboratory which you can use to evolve certain Pokemons. Specifically Fossil pokemons.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Maybe using that theory but applying the Leafeon, Glaceon rock evo way is how I'd see that being implemented.

Back