• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the best Fighting type Pokemon?

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
Wassup guys! I want to use a fighting type in my Pokemon X team and I don't now which fighter I should have. I want to use Mega Medicham because with its ability it has 200 attack points and it is also psychic type. Who do you think is the best choise?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I personally prefer Machamp and Lucario over Medicham. Machamp has No Guard, which results in 100% accurate attacks. Lucario can be obtained absolutely free after defeating the third gym leader. But if you really want Medicham and you don't have a Psychic type yet, you can use Medicham.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely Machamp, due to it having No Guard as stated above. Teach it Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Earthquake, and perhaps Bullet Punch, and you should be able to get through opponents pretty easily. If you wish to go for an alternative, then you could consider Golurk; it's basically the same, but only has a different type combination. Although it's not necessarily a fighting-type, it still behaves like one.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Mega Medicham's not bad, but I prefer Mega Lucario to it, personally. Machamp's not bad either, as the other have said. Another Fighting type to consider is Conkeldurr. It's a bit slow and doesn't have terribly good Sp.Defense, but its Attack and physical bulk is pretty impressive.

But hey, whatever floats yer boat.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
Hawlucha is an interesting Pokemon to consider. Not bad stats at all, available before the third badge I believe and will have what could be considered fully evolved Pokemon stats quite early on.

Back