• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Up to 29 Surskits. Breloom is L80.

ryan said:
A shiny M.M.? Did I miss something?... So that I can fit in... I'm gonna go search for a shiny SGM...
Well now, I suppose I ought to go with the flow and hunt for a shiny Pazzkat... :bandit:

ryan said:
I'm gonna get some shiny hunting in today! My methods aren't as efficient as anybody else's because I just run around and hope to find a shiny. I run away from everything else... I should probably work on bulking some pokemon up, huh? Oh well. It takes a bit longer that way. Shiny bugs...
I like to hunt when I have nothing better to do. Else, I suffer from this whole cognitive dissonance thing where I feel guilty for not doing more 'important' things. Nonetheless, I find training while hunting keeps things interesting. (and I got a free L100 Jolteon out of it! ;))

Pok?-Munna said:
when a pokemon evolves its stas got up a little more than usual
This is not true (at least not in the sense you're implying). Stats are determined by IVs (fixed) and EVs (received from training). See http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml for details. The stats you see may appear to go up at a higher rate due to higher base stats, but you'll still end up with the same stats no matter when you evolve. Unevolved Pok?mon usually learn moves faster, and sometimes learn distinct moves. (ie. Breloom w. Giga Drain/Spore)

Metis said:
I'd love to join, i've caught a Shiney Charmander, Swablu, Zigzagoon, and an Evee, can i join? wow 151+ pages lots of members now i guess ehh?
Unless ryan objects (which he won't), you're in! Welcome to the best club at PC! Get your cards here before it goes dormant again!

ray-san

HOMGZ~!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2006
'Ewwo there. May I join? I currently have shiny Tentacool and Spheal, and I am currently searching for a shiny Linoone. *nod nod*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Hi, welcome to, ray-san, .::Escalator::., and Metis!
Runasutaru said:
ryan will give you the official joinage approval when he?s here,but it?s guaranteed for the most part that you can join,so,you can post I guess... ^-^;;;
Any of the co-owners (Pok?-Munna, Yami Zidane, and MetalMario [and maybe, SGM I guess. He has some authority here, even if he isn't a co-owner]) can allow membership, not just me.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
MetalMario said:
This is not true (at least not in the sense you're implying). Stats are determined by IVs (fixed) and EVs (received from training). See http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml for details. The stats you see may appear to go up at a higher rate due to higher base stats, but you'll still end up with the same stats no matter when you evolve. Unevolved Pok?mon usually learn moves faster, and sometimes learn distinct moves. (ie. Breloom w. Giga Drain/Spore)
O.o well thats good i suppose.. i dont actually knnow about the EVs an stuff , i dont care for completcating my pokemon fun!!!
knowing that i might evolve pokemon like dratini at thier final level as in after it learns its final move ^^
havent been hunting *hides in corner while people with pitchforks come after me* ive been playing pro evolution soccer until pokemon XD hits the uk, maybe ill get lucky and nab me a shiny lugia, but doubt that :P 4 more day woohoooo
edit:: is the link also for frlg seeing as i dont play ruby and like ive said a billion ties ill get emerald after i complete XD twice probably and maybe collosseum again unless the mystic ticket events come to uk D:

Years
ray-san said:
'Ewwo there. May I join? I currently have shiny Tentacool and Spheal, and I am currently searching for a shiny Linoone. *nod nod*
You're searching for a shiny Linoone? Considering their common-ness, I think you should spend your time searching for other shinies (ie. Roseila or Absol (though LDD'll shoot you)) on routes with Zig/Linoone.

ryan said:
Hi, welcome to, ray-san, .::Escalator::., and Metis!Any of the co-owners (Pok?-Munna, Yami Zidane, and MetalMario [and maybe, SGM I guess. He has some authority here, even if he isn't a co-owner]) can allow membership, not just me.
I think SGM should definately be a co-owner. He's done more than either me or Yami have. *votes for the SGM party*

Pok?-Munna said:
O.o well thats good i suppose.. i dont actually knnow about the EVs an stuff , i dont care for completcating my pokemon fun!!!
knowing that i might evolve pokemon like dratini at thier final level as in after it learns its final move ^^
havent been hunting *hides in corner while people with pitchforks come after me* ive been playing pro evolution soccer until pokemon XD hits the uk, maybe ill get lucky and nab me a shiny lugia, but doubt that :P 4 more day woohoooo
edit:: is the link also for frlg seeing as i dont play ruby and like ive said a billion ties ill get emerald after i complete XD twice probably and maybe collosseum again unless the mystic ticket events come to uk D:
The stat mechanics changed following G/S/C. They're the same for all GBA/GC titles, however. (which is why you can trade between them)

32 Surskits.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
MetalMario said:
I think SGM should definately be a co-owner. He's done more than either me or Yami have. *votes for the SGM party*
mmhmm, i agree i cant really remember why i got the position of Co-Owner XD
Anyway i seem to have been hit with a batch of pokefever again, im playing my DS franticly trying to find a darn shiny! i feel i need a Hoenn shiny so thats what i'll be going for... but since ive only got Leaf Green (since i sold sapphire some time ago now) it will mean breeding... which i can't stand, but the outcome is worth it... so yah island four here i come.

EDIT: Shiny Shuckle, your the only one who could know what EV's your Kadabra has because they are determened by what mons you have battled, and the IV's are set when you get them so unless you use a calculator on a site (which i cant remember) i cant think of a way you can find them out.

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
Years
Yami_Zidane said:
Shiny Shuckle, your the only one who could know what EV's your Kadabra has because they are determened by what mons you have battled, and the IV's are set when you get them so unless you use a calculator on a site (which i cant remember) i cant think of a way you can find them out.
It's right here. (Somebody definately needs to shoot this 25 character limit :dead:).

ray-san

HOMGZ~!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2006
LDD? O__O

Okay... sure, I'll try searching for another one... Oooh! I know! Seviper. Is that one good? x__x;;

Years
ray-san said:
LDD? O__O

Okay... sure, I'll try searching for another one... Oooh! I know! Seviper. Is that one good? x__x;;
RAAAAWR!! Dibs on Seviper are mine!! I didn't raise a Jolteon to L100 for nuttin'! (LDD's been away for a month; it's MY wrath you'll really have to worry about!)

super_latios said:
hey could i join? i dont have any shinies though, but i do try to search for them!
Yup, you may join. The only requirement for joining this club is an Aspergian-level interest for searching for shiny things. ;)

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
Years
.::Escalator::. said:
Dang...My Bellossom's HP is Figting type, can't give it a proper set...oh well, I may fair better with the a Zubat/Skarmory/Typhlosion.
You could use this set I guess:

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Sleep Powder

Hidden Power isn't the eaisiest thing to get to work the way you want it to ingame....

Anyway, on topic, I've decided to postpone trapinch hunting even further and maybe try reseting for a shiny Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza.

Years
My worst fears have just been realized...
Today, I have managed to catch...
a shiny...
LOTAD!

After having safely more than 6000 battles in the Seviper patch, raising an Arcanine from L16 to L50, catching Pok?rus, raising a Jolteon from L16 to L100, and raising a Breloom from L20 to L82, I caught the dud shiny. It's a female Lotad and I have yet to check its stats in more detail. Ray, Seviper's yours for the time being. Whenever I get back into hunting, I'll prolly go for Drowzee or Roselia. The last thing I need is a dupe shiny Lotad. I'll update my card tomorrow and talk to ya then.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Any shiny is fun to have... but getting a Lotad when you're looking for a Seviper is a major let down... I feel your pain... but not really because I'm totally desperate for any shiny at the moment.
pkrssh019.gif
<
pkrssh124.gif

Back