• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
okay, regarding level scripts.
i got confused when you said it needs three parts...example maybe? I don't know... maybe its just cuz i dont really understand the point of variables...
could someone explain that too?

by the way love the tutorial. It got me soooooooooo far

oh and a regular scripting problem.
when I give the item TEACHY TV it will go into my bag but when I try and use it the screen goes black and it freezes. Is there something im missing?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Thanks for the great guide! With this and Hackmew's included guide, I think I am starting to get the hang of scripting. I was wondering if it was possible to get a list of fanfares?

triplexh18

call me Oscizor
Years
Can someone help me with this script i'm really new to scripting but i still have read almost every tutorial but no matter what this scipt doesn't work the way i want it to

im trying to make a scipt so that once i enter a new area outside
Prof Oak runs up to me shouting my name with a "!" above his head then walking 2 steps down in front of me and his Prof Oak theme comes on and then he says about 2 paragraphs of text(i know how the \p \n \l works so i got that right) than before we battle the track goes to the ENCOUNTER 4 theme and than we fight(i gave him pokemon in A-trainer)with Gary's Elite Four theme.

the problem is whenever i step on the script either nothing happens or the game freezes and i already changed Var number and Unknown to what the tut said.

and when i talk to him myself the game freezes

but when i make another person with the same script as the Prof Oak i made
and talked to him then it works but then the 1st Oak does the script i wanted him to do but no battle occurs, the music doesn't change and then

i deleted and added some stuff to the script but can someone please tell me what script do i give to Oak and what script i put on that green S mark

this is what it says on the Green S
I opened the script and copied and pasted it here.

please correct any mistakes

//---------------
#org 0x8036F7
checkflag 0x8C0
if 0x1 goto 0x8803731
msgbox 0x880373A MSG_NORMAL //"OSCIZOR!"
playsong 0x156
applymovement 0x14 0x8803734
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x14 0x8803736
pause 0x30
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1FF 0x0 @2 @ 3
msgbox 0x8803746 MSG_NORMAL //"Hold on OSCIZOR!\pI know you are\n..."
playsong 0x155 0x0
waitmovement 0x0
fadesong 0x12C
release
end
//---------------
#org 0x803731
release
end

//---------
// Strings
//---------
#org 0x80373A
= OSCIZOR!
#org 0x803746
= Hold on OSCIZOR!\pI know you are\ntrying to go onto battle this\lman but you see..I can't let you.\pThe reason being is\nthat you were not supposed to\l get this far and fight him...\pMy grandson was supposed to.\pAnd if you beat him...\lyou...\nyou will just ruin everything!\pWHY ARE YOU TRYING\nTO RUIN EVERYTHING!

//-----------
// Movements
//-----------
#org 0x803734
#raw 0x62 //Exclamation Mark (!)
#org 0x803736
#raw 0x52 //Jump in Place (Facing Down)
#raw 0x1D //Step Down (Fast)

I also made a youtube video if it helps

i explain a little more there but i can't post a link so just combine all this with no spaces

ww w.
youtube.
com
/watch?v
=9PybIbNXY-8

my username there is Xboxproscar
along with the video
Fire Red Script 001 Footage

Last edited:

LunaticHigh

N00b h4x0r
Years
//---------------
#org 0x8036F7
checkflag 0x8C0
if 0x1 goto 0x8803731
msgbox 0x880373A MSG_NORMAL //"OSCIZOR!"
playsong 0x156
applymovement 0x14 0x8803734 <---- Is the event id from A.map turned into hex? This is probably why Oak isnt moving.
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x14 0x8803736 <---- same here
pause 0x30
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1FF 0x0 @2 @ 3
msgbox 0x8803746 MSG_NORMAL //"Hold on OSCIZOR!\pI know you are\n..."
playsong 0x155 0x0
waitmovement 0x0
fadesong 0x12C
release
end
//---------------
#org 0x803731
release
end

//---------
// Strings
//---------
#org 0x80373A
= OSCIZOR!
#org 0x803746
= Hold on OSCIZOR!\pI know you are\ntrying to go onto battle this\lman but you see..I can't let you.\pThe reason being is\nthat you were not supposed to\l get this far and fight him...\pMy grandson was supposed to.\pAnd if you beat him...\lyou...\nyou will just ruin everything!\pWHY ARE YOU TRYING\nTO RUIN EVERYTHING!

//-----------
// Movements
//-----------
#org 0x803734
#raw 0x62 //Exclamation Mark (!)
#raw 0xFE <-- This is end of movements
#org 0x803736
#raw 0x52 //Jump in Place (Facing Down)
#raw 0xFE

I didn't look into your script too much but I can point out a few errors that might be messing up your script.
Changes and stuff are in bold.

You should also put this in the script help thread :X

NatureKeeper

Thanks to this tutorial, I won't be needing scripters. I can script now, thanks for your efforts.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Ok, guys. I've got a problem.
I've made a script so that if I don't have a certain pokemon(for this example, Pikachu), the guy will not move aside for me. I've used a checkpokemon script. However, if I don't have a Pikachu, the "Not allowed" message comes fine. However, when I DO have the Pikachu, he doesn't follow the applymovement, and top of that, the GAME FREEZES!

Here is the Code, please proof-read it for me; the last time I did anything related to hacking was 2007 and only for like a month; I've forgotten everything I knew and now have to relearn everything to also match with the new tools and the updates everyone is releasing:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71AC40
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8004 0x19
special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x871AD70
msgbox 0x871AD90 MSG_NORMAL '"Sorry, you're not allowed."
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x71AD70
applymovement 0x5 0x871ADA0

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71AD90
= Sorry, you're not allowed.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x71ADA0
#raw 0xE8 'movE8
#raw 0x0 'Face Down
#raw 0xD5 'movD5
#raw 0xE0 'movE0
#raw 0xE0 'movE0
#raw 0xE3 'movE3
#raw 0xEB 'movEB
#raw 0xD9 'movD9
#raw 0xD8 'movD8
#raw 0xAD 'movAD

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I've made a script so that if I don't have a certain pokemon(for this example, Pikachu), the guy will not move aside for me. I've used a checkpokemon script. However, if I don't have a Pikachu, the "Not allowed" message comes fine. However, when I DO have the Pikachu, he doesn't follow the applymovement, and top of that, the GAME FREEZES!

Here is the Code, please proof-read it for me; the last time I did anything related to hacking was 2007 and only for like a month; I've forgotten everything I knew and now have to relearn everything to also match with the new tools and the updates everyone is releasing:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71AC40
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8004 0x19
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x871AD70
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x71AD70

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71AD90

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x71ADA0
#raw 0xE8 'movE8
#raw 0x0 'Face Down
#raw 0xD5 'movD5
#raw 0xE0 'movE0
#raw 0xE0 'movE0
#raw 0xE3 'movE3
#raw 0xEB 'movEB
#raw 0xD9 'movD9
#raw 0xD8 'movD8
#raw 0xAD 'movAD

Help.png

Credits to Dragonmaster91 for the picture.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x71AC40
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8004 0x19
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x871AD70
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x71AD70
[B]waitmovement 0x5
end[/B]

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71AD90

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x71ADA0
#raw 0xE8 'movE8
#raw 0x0 'Face Down
#raw 0xD5 'movD5
#raw 0xE0 'movE0
#raw 0xE0 'movE0
#raw 0xE3 'movE3
#raw 0xEB 'movEB
#raw 0xD9 'movD9
#raw 0xD8 'movD8
#raw 0xAD 'movAD
[B]#raw 0xFE[/B]
Try it now. Changes are in bold.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Thanks guys/Diego! However, one more problem:

Now the script works, but I can click on the guy again, and AGAIN he moves back. I tried doing it so the script is IN FRONT of the tile he is on, rather than on himself, but now everytime I step on the tile, the script executes, and he moves even yet again!! To the point he's standing in other mountain tiles; which is fake looking.

I realize I need to use the 'setflag', but can you add it to the script to show me how's it's effectively done?

And what's wrong with this script(I know I'm missing good chunks of commands). When I step on it, it's supposed to be EARTHQUAKE, but instead the game freezes:

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x1F0FE0
special 0x136
msgbox 0x81F0FF0 MSG_NORMAL '"What!? What was that?"
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1F0FF0
= What!? What was that?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
level scripts.
how do u make it so that you can do more than one in the entire game. when i follwed your instructions it worked, but i could only do the one script. how do you change the script offset of the level script so i can make two of them?

HackinJohn

FireRed ROM Hacker
Years
Seeing as this script has been giving me a nightmare for the last two days, would someone like to offer any assistance? ;D

Before I go and show it off, here's what I'm *trying* to make happen:

Player comes through warp, and as soon as they step out of the cave, he is noticed by the leader of an evil organization. The leader walks over to him, talks to him, and then scares the player out of the way, and he disappears through the warp the player just came through.

Here's the script: (I'm sure there's plenty wrong with it.)

Code:
#dynamic 0x2FB2F7

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x200
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @monologue 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x01 @move3
waitmovement 0x00
hidesprite 0x01
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @monologue
= I heard from one of my minors that\nsomeone had been interfering, and\lI guess, no doubt, that he or she\lwas heading up the mountain,\ltrying to get into the next city.\pI figured I would try to head them\noff by running to the peak.\pBut I never imagined that he or\nshe would be so young.\pAnd seeing as this would not be a\nfair fight, I will let you go this\ltime.\pBut we shall meet again.

#org @move2
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x50
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

Any kind of help would be more than magnificent. :D

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Seeing as this script has been giving me a nightmare for the last two days, would someone like to offer any assistance? ;D

Before I go and show it off, here's what I'm *trying* to make happen:

Player comes through warp, and as soon as they step out of the cave, he is noticed by the leader of an evil organization. The leader walks over to him, talks to him, and then scares the player out of the way, and he disappears through the warp the player just came through.

Here's the script: (I'm sure there's plenty wrong with it.)

Code:
#dynamic 0x2FB2F7

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
setflag 0x200
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @monologue 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
waitmovement 0x00
hidesprite 0x01
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @monologue
= I heard from one of my minors that\nsomeone had been interfering, and\lI guess, no doubt, that he or she\lwas heading up the mountain,\ltrying to get into the next city.\pI figured I would try to head them\noff by running to the peak.\pBut I never imagined that he or\nshe would be so young.\pAnd seeing as this would not be a\nfair fight, I will let you go this\ltime.\pBut we shall meet again.

#org @move2
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x50
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE
Any kind of help would be more than magnificent. :D
This is meant to be a level script based on what you said, right? If it is, try this:
Code:
#dynamic 0x2FB2F7

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x(Variable) 0x1
setflag 0x200
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @monologue 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
waitmovement 0x00
hidesprite 0x01
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @monologue

#org @move2
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x50
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE
Now follow my tut and it should be running in no time! :)

Back