• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Is there a tool where you can edit the game so you start with more than 1 pokemon?

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Should be fine with your Crystal ROM, as long as you have the offset of the palette! In GSC the items don't have pictures, so I don't know what you mean about editing the pictures. You cannot rename the TMs, I think thats pretty pointless, however if you really want to re-name them, use your favourite HEX editor;)

I am glad you like the DenjuuEditor program, it works pretty well, as you will see!

Picture of tms as in picture of the attacks in battle, sorry, that was me misleading right there. t would be pointless to rename TMs but for my project at the moment that's one of the most important of the little details. Thanks for the feedback and the Denjju Editor is pretty smooth!

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Picture of tms as in picture of the attacks in battle, sorry, that was me misleading right there. t would be pointless to rename TMs but for my project at the moment that's one of the most important of the little details. Thanks for the feedback and the Denjju Editor is pretty smooth!

Well, I really have no idea on graphics in the older games. You could try to find the animations in a tile editor. I don't know where in the ROM they are located so I guess you would need to do some digging around!:)

No. There will never be a DP map editor.

Well, not for a long time anyway and definately not from me...:P

Is there a programme that can edit the trades in Fire Red?

Yes, ZodiacDaGreat made a tool, Trader, which will edit advanced generation in-game trades, you can get it in his toolbox!

Years
I seriously doubt there will ever actually be a DP map editor. BMD files are very fragile, and they're inside NARCS, which are also very fragile, what would appear to be a small change would be a big pain to code.

Swampert 22

Years
I seriously doubt there will ever actually be a DP map editor. BMD files are very fragile, and they're inside NARCS, which are also very fragile, what would appear to be a small change would be a big pain to code.

Perhaps we're finally beaten:( Although I have seen a Super Mario 64 level editor in 3D, so it is possible. I just doublt anybody would have the patience to make such a complex tool for a generation of hackers that all just want to use a tool and not even understand what they've done to their ROM.

Pingouin_7

The RBGY Trade editor and the RBY Mart editor doesn't works with U.S. roms.

Oh, and could you make a SGB frame editor? Because I'd really like to change my Green-hacked-from-Blue rom's SGB frame to Pocket Monsters Green SGB frame...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2008
Awsome tools swampert22! Now I can finally hack pokemon yellow now!

P.S.: This is kind of off topic but do you know an anther site for pikamap? The sites are all down

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Wow, these are some great programs. Found them very useful. Since you're part of the hacking scene, do you know if there's a Pokemon Crystal Intro Editor? I saw one for Gold and Silver, but basically what it does is allows you to edit the whole Oak intro thing, down to being able to change the pokémon sprite he sends out, and the cry of that pokémon. Thanks.

crimson flame

the new hacker on the block...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 6, 2010
the hacks are great....

love the hack tools swampert22, great job

Swampert 22

Years
Awsome tools swampert22! Now I can finally hack pokemon yellow now!

P.S.: This is kind of off topic but do you know an anther site for pikamap? The sites are all down

Um I'll see if I can find a copy on my old computer and upload it for you! :D

Wow, these are some great programs. Found them very useful. Since you're part of the hacking scene, do you know if there's a Pokemon Crystal Intro Editor? I saw one for Gold and Silver, but basically what it does is allows you to edit the whole Oak intro thing, down to being able to change the pokémon sprite he sends out, and the cry of that pokémon. Thanks.

Thanks! I don't know about that I must admit I've never seen one. Perhaps you may need to hex edit it, or ask yomama, he's done some work on hacking Crystal version and is making a Workshop!

love the hack tools swampert22, great job

Awesome! I'll make some more when I can be bothered ;)

TMEd GSC links not working for me, but nice hacks.

I'll fix that tomorrow when i try to find the Pikamap download.

Welcome to PokéCommunity everyone!

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Thanks! I don't know about that I must admit I've never seen one. Perhaps you may need to hex edit it, or ask yomama, he's done some work on hacking Crystal version and is making a Workshop!
I believe the G/S version of that tool was made by cooley. However, that intro is written in ASM; using a tool to edit data is one thing, but using it to edit assembly code is (IMO) unreasonable, and I'm not as philosophically opposed to tools as some other hackers are. The data are located at offset 0x5F99 and can be edited easily in hex—just search for the byte 0xC2 (Wooper).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Not sure where else to put this, so I might as well ask people who are familiar with hacking the games. I found a trainer editor for Crystal, that lets you edit just about every trainer's party that you encounter in the game. I noticed that for the majority of trainers you can edit, most of them only allow you to edit the pokémon and their levels. Let's say one trainer has a Growlithe with roar, leer, ember, and flamethrower. If I edit this Growlithe into, say, a Venonat, would that Venonat have roar, leer, ember, and flamethrower too? Or does it automatically change the moveset into what a wild venonat would have at that level? I'd post the program but I'm not sure if linking to other programs is allowed.

I tried it out by editing the first rival battle (couldn't change the moveset in this one, only the later ones) so he had a ditto, and it used transform. I'd like some confirmation that if this is the case, it's like that for other trainers too.

Swampert 22

Years
I believe the G/S version of that tool was made by cooley. However, that intro is written in ASM; using a tool to edit data is one thing, but using it to edit assembly code is (IMO) unreasonable, and I'm not as philosophically opposed to tools as some other hackers are. The data are located at offset 0x5F99 and can be edited easily in hex—just search for the byte 0xC2 (Wooper).

Yeah that's what I meant, just search the Hex byte for the specific thing you want to change then it's easy when you know where abouts the data is.

Not sure where else to put this, so I might as well ask people who are familiar with hacking the games. I found a trainer editor for Crystal, that lets you edit just about every trainer's party that you encounter in the game. I noticed that for the majority of trainers you can edit, most of them only allow you to edit the pokémon and their levels. Let's say one trainer has a Growlithe with roar, leer, ember, and flamethrower. If I edit this Growlithe into, say, a Venonat, would that Venonat have roar, leer, ember, and flamethrower too? Or does it automatically change the moveset into what a wild venonat would have at that level? I'd post the program but I'm not sure if linking to other programs is allowed.

I tried it out by editing the first rival battle (couldn't change the moveset in this one, only the later ones) so he had a ditto, and it used transform. I'd like some confirmation that if this is the case, it's like that for other trainers too.

Well, the answer is that there are different types of trainer battle in the games. For example, some common route trainers will have only Pokémon and levels attached to them whereas others like Gym Leaders have Pokémon, levels, moves and items. So it will be fine for normal trainers but probably not for Gym/Elite 4. Hope that helps :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Well, the answer is that there are different types of trainer battle in the games. For example, some common route trainers will have only Pokémon and levels attached to them whereas others like Gym Leaders have Pokémon, levels, moves and items. So it will be fine for normal trainers but probably not for Gym/Elite 4. Hope that helps :D

That's what I figured. Thanks for your help! :)

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Wow, feels weird, posting in a seemingly old topic... But there's something I've noticed. Your TM Editor for G/S/C, well the link, won't work. So we can't download the editor. Is there any possible way you can re-upload it, if you're still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back