• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Here's another thing; apparently there's a new Impact-Launch move effect:

super-smash-impact-launch.jpg

According to Sakurai's Miiverse post, the move has been powered up and the characters' colour will show which player gets the points in the event of a knockout. T

Years
Name: lucari0Main23438285747279
Map: Steel Pillawr
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/02/stage29_080229i-ldjupdt-main99.jpg
So how exactly do you guys think meta knight will get nerfed if at all?

He won't get nerfed. Everyone else will just get buffed and leave him alone.

Man, if only we had like, the Project M guys helping out all the time.

You can make a whole article about how broken Meta Knight is.

Priority, speed, power, survivability, range...he's got it it all. He's the only character in the whole series to have a favorable match up against ALL characters bar himself, and it's pretty safe to say he's the most broken fighting game characters second only to Super Turbo Akuma, who was banned in tourney. Speaking of which, MK was also the first character to be banned (albeit only temporarily) in tournaments since ST Akuma.

Pikachu has a Neutral matchup, albeit...still a sucky one.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Man Project M would have been much better if they didn't start changing movesets for whatever reason.

Bowser getting super armor? Cool. Ganondorf back to his Melee prime? Cool. Wario having a completely different moveset? Not cool, even from a Wario Land fan. Honestly there were no reason to change any character's move other than fan service to me. Bowser getting Koopa Klaw back? OK, I could get behind this seeing as he had it in Melee, but I'd much have rather they just balanced his Body Slam. Also was there ANY reason to completely change Snake's up and forward tilt? Why not just change the hitbox and properties so they're not broken anymore?

I'm also not a fan of PT Pokemon getting their own down B and being separate. Why not just remove stamina, forced switch and elemental weakness, and THEN balance the Pokemon but keep them together as one character. People's problem with PT isn't the fact the Pokemon aren't separate character, it's the aforementioned problems. If there's one thing Reflex taught me, it's that PT was functioned to use the three Pokemon together to have a variety of options. They pretty much got rid of that.

I'd have much preferred if Project M was a rebalanced mod with Melee mechanics, but the moveset changes really turned me off (and the fact there aren't any PAL release >:( ), especially as a Wario and Snake main.
Pikachu has a Neutral matchup, albeit...still a sucky one.
Yeah sorry, I mixed up, 64 Pikachu was the one with all favorable match up. :P Except 64 Pika wasn't broken.

Years
Man Project M would have been much better if they didn't start changing movesets for whatever reason.
I'm also not a fan of PT Pokemon getting their own down B and being separate. Why not just remove stamina, forced switch and elemental weakness, and THEN balance the Pokemon but keep them together as one character.

As someone who mains PT, take it from me, having to consistently switch sucks, because the only appropriate times to even warrant a switch is after a KO, or of course, when you get KOed. But I will agree somewhat with keeping them as one character. Brawl Minus did it very well, but on the same note, the pokes getting a new down B is alright for me, because...well, you can focus on being versatile with one specific poke, rather than having to learn three different characters entirely. It's a double edged sword.

People's problem with PT isn't the fact the Pokemon aren't separate character, it's the aforementioned problems. If there's one thing Reflex taught me, it's that PT was functioned to use the three Pokemon together to have a variety of options. They pretty much got rid of that.

Well, again, this goes back to whole switching mechanic. Granted, if you look at it, if you take out all those mechanics, and still allow someone to switch, the person who you're playing has to deal with 3 separate characters in ONE match. That's not fair, even if we look at the entire "WELL MK IS BUSTED" thing. That's partially the reason the whole stamina and elemental weakness mechanic was a part of their characters. Having to deal with 3 separate characters who DON'T have any mechanics keeping them at bay? Iunno. But this is just my FGC logic talking, so.

Years
Actually we've already seen a good bit of her air moves including her down-air; from what is released, I'm guessing we already know the up-air, forward-air and down-air. And like I said before, she looks very mobile and her smashes and ground attacks look very swift with fast animation. Maybe not a good air combo-er but a good air juggler and general combo-er.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
A lot of people on youtube such as this guy are upset about story mode's removal for SSB4, thinking it'll hurt not only the game's sales, but also the Wii U's sales. Since when was Smash Bros. ever about the story, especially how not many people liked SSE in Brawl due to how tedious it is to beat. Plus, no story mode saves a lot of time and space for the game's development to focus on character balance, online features, and creative modes.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
A lot of people on youtube such as this guy are upset about story mode's removal for SSB4, thinking it'll hurt not only the game's sales, but also the Wii U's sales. Since when was Smash Bros. ever about the story, especially how not many people liked SSE in Brawl due to how tedious it is to beat. Plus, no story mode saves a lot of time and space for the game's development to focus on character balance, online features, and creative modes.

Yeah, I'm just fine with story mode being removed, as cool as it was. Like you said, more space for things that really matter. Besides, if anything, I'm sure we'll still get Classic Mode and maybe an Adventure Mode like the one from Melee. In fact, I think that area in the trailer where Mario jumped from the 3DS version of the game to the Wii U version (with the platforms and rotating ferris wheel-like structure) was from that Adventure Mode .

Either way, not sure if I posted this here yet, but here are some of my character predictions:
  • The original 12 from SSB64 aren't going anywhere, as per usual
  • Ike will be replaced by Chrom from FE: Awakening
  • Mewtwo will return as playable, complete with his new form, possibly replacing Lucario
  • Pokemon Trainer may not return either, instead being replaced by another Pokemon from Gen 6
  • Snake won't return, but Sonic has a high chance of returning, especially with his exclusives and Lost World on the way. He's practically a Nintendo character right now. xD
  • Dixie will be playable to promote DKC: Tropical Freeze.
  • R.O.B. probably won't return (even though I liked using him)
  • Shulk from Xenoblade will be playable
  • Toon Link may return due to Wind Waker HD, but if not, he'll be replaced by Ghirahim from Skyward Sword
  • Ghirahim will be playable regardless (this is pretty much my only wish with this game :P )
  • Demise will make an appearance somewhere if Ghirahim is in, most likely an Assist Trophy if those come back
  • Reggie will be playable (please Sakurai?? xD )

I guess that's all I can think of at the moment.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The original 12 from SSB64 aren't going anywhere, as per usual

No duh. :P

Ike will be replaced by Chrom from FE: Awakening

Why can't they co-exist? Sakurai has already expressed his hate on cutting characters. Roy was originally meant to co-exist with Ike in Brawl, but he, along with Mewtwo, was cut due to Sonic's late entry.

Mewtwo will return as playable, complete with his new form, possibly replacing Lucario

Again, like Ike and Roy, Mewtwo and Lucario were originally going to co-exist in Brawl (have you ever lurked into Smashboards?). The only characters who aren't safe by default are the third-parties.

Pokemon Trainer may not return either, instead being replaced by another Pokemon from Gen 6

The Pokemon Trainer we have now is way too iconic to be replaced, and Mewtwo's return will already represent Gen 6 because of its new forme.

Snake won't return, but Sonic has a high chance of returning, especially with his exclusives and Lost World on the way. He's practically a Nintendo character right now. xD

But there's a thing about guest characters in fighting games making only one appearance and never come back in the next installment.

Dixie will be playable to promote DKC: Tropical Freeze.

While she was originally meant to appear in Brawl as part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, King K. Rool has higher priority due to the many fan requests.

R.O.B. probably won't return (even though I liked using him)

Mr. Game & Watch wasn't removed in Brawl, so what makes you think R.O.B. will be removed?

Shulk from Xenoblade will be playable

He has a lot of requests from fans at Japan, so his chances are high.

Toon Link may return due to Wind Waker HD, but if not, he'll be replaced by Ghirahim from Skyward Sword

No, that will be Classic Link from ALttP, Link's Awakening, OoA/OoS, and ALBW.

Ghirahim will be playable regardless (this is pretty much my only wish with this game :P )

Except he's a one-time Zelda character, who aren't allowed to be playable. What makes you think Midna and Zant weren't playable back in Brawl? He's better off as an assist trophy.

Demise will make an appearance somewhere if Ghirahim is in, most likely an Assist Trophy if those come back

See my response on Ghirahim.

Reggie will be playable (please Sakurai?? xD )

Reggie himself said in a interview that will all be based on Sakurai's decision, so he asks Reggie to add him in Smash, then his body is ready.

BrandoSheriff

Years
Why can't they co-exist? Sakurai has already expressed his hate on cutting characters. Roy was originally meant to co-exist with Ike in Brawl, but he, along with Mewtwo, was cut due to Sonic's late entry.
I never knew they didn't make it because of Sonic. I mean, I knew about the hidden files of the cut Melee characters, but I didn't know Sonic's appearance caused them all to be cut. :/

Again, like Ike and Roy, Mewtwo and Lucario were originally going to co-exist in Brawl (have you ever lurked into Smashboards?). The only characters who aren't safe by default are the third-parties.
I actually haven't been on Smashboards in about a year. I think I have to go back now. xD

The Pokemon Trainer we have now is way too iconic to be replaced, and Mewtwo's return will already represent Gen 6 because of its new forme.
I guess so. Maybe PT will have other Pokemon to play as? xD

But there's a thing about guest characters in fighting games making only one appearance and never come back in the next installment.
Yeah, that's true. I thought Sonic would come back with moves from the new games. If he does or doesn't, it's fine with me, provided he doesn't cause the cutting of more characters. :P

While she was originally meant to appear in Brawl as part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, King K. Rool has higher priority due to the many fan requests.
I knew there was one character I forgot on my list! xD
I hope he makes it in as well.

Mr. Game & Watch wasn't removed in Brawl, so what makes you think R.O.B. will be removed?
I only said that because I've noticed that many people don't really like him, though I don't know why. He's a pretty good character if you use him right.

No, that will be Classic Link from ALttP, Link's Awakening, OoA/OoS, and ALBW.
Oh, that makes sense. How did I not think of him? And A Link to the Past is one of my all time favorite games. xD

Except he's a one-time Zelda character, who aren't allowed to be playable. What makes you think Midna and Zant weren't playable back in Brawl? He's better off as an assist trophy.
T_T

Reggie himself said in a interview that will all be based on Sakurai's decision, so he asks Reggie to add him in Smash, then his body is ready.
I saw that interview, which made me put that down. How awesome would it be though?

Years
If they did remove Pokémon Trainer, it would be nice if he was replaced by N with Reshiram & Zekrom as the pokemon switching instead of the Kanto starters. Obviously B&W will probably be majorly forgotten about since this will come out after X&Y which is a shame since there wasn't a SSB game at an appropriate time for it.

Having recently bought FE:Awakening, I would be very happy to see Chrom on the roster.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I really disliked brawl in terms of gameplay mechanics, Melee was much better in my opinion which is why I play Project: M. I hope that SSB4 is more like Melee or else I probably won't get it. I do hope they add Chrom to the roster as well, which I'm sure they will since he's the newest FE protagonist. Reggie shouldn't be added to SSB4, as funny and cool as that would be it's gonna get really old quick. I'd rather just have Wii Fit instructor have a "my body is ready" taunt. I would really like for them to keep Lucas in the game since he was my brawl main but the only reason he was put in brawl was so EarthBound fans could use him since Mother 3 was never released in America. If they do remove him then I'll just main Toon Link or MegaMan.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So guys, a new stage is revealed on the website today, and it's our first retro stage. It's apparently based on the SNES installment of Pilotwings. So, Pilotwings rep confirmed?

BrandoSheriff

Years
So guys, a new stage is revealed on the website today, and it's our first retro stage. It's apparently based on the SNES installment of Pilotwings. So, Pilotwings rep confirmed?

I just took a look at that before coming here. Until I read your post, I had no idea what stage that was, as I've never played Pilotwings. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

BrandoSheriff

Years
Yeah, I didn't expect Luigi this early, though it's acceptable because we already know he'd have been included anyway. xD
Unlockable characters are usually revealed much later though. Maybe he won't be unlockable this time?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Now that it's confirmed that Lucario is getting a new forme like Mewtwo, and both are under the Mega Evolution category, I think it's safe to assume that speculators will drop the idea of Lucario getting axed in SSB4 for Mewtwo's return, and both can co-exist in the roster together, like it was originally planned in Brawl, and use their Mega Evolutions as their final smash, replacing Lucario's Aura Storm.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Arena Ferox is a Smash Bros. 3DS stage.
A7dYuka.jpg

Since this is the case, I think it's safe to assume that Chrom or Lucina will make an appearance in this game, replacing Ike more than likely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Arena Ferox is a Smash Bros. 3DS stage.
A7dYuka.jpg

Since this is the case, I think it's safe to assume that Chrom or Lucina will make an appearance in this game, replacing Ike more than likely.
Brawl had the Bridge of Eldin and Frigate Orpheon, yet neither Midna, Zant, nor Dark Samus appeared in Brawl's roster, so what makes you think Chrom/Lucina will be in the roster? Just because we have a stage from a recent installment doesn't automatically mean we'll get a character from that installment. We could be getting Marth, Roy, and Ike in their Awakening outfits instead.

Back