• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparks & Shocks - Electric Rodents Fanclub! ϟ

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Dedenne is now my second favorite rodent! (Pichu is my fave, of course.) At first it looked like it was pikachu with raichu's coloration, but now it's adorable!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Username: Yuki's Sword
Partner Rodent (choose one): Plulse. Minun. <3
Answer the Topic:
Do you guys have any favorite fanart of electric rodents? Feel free to share/post them!

I tend to not look at fanart unless I'm bored and want to do so--I'm usually not really interested into looking. T_T

Years
I probably won't use a Dedenne since Pikaclones tend to have weak stats, but it's super adorable nonetheless and I still might want to use one in the Pokemon Amie when I get my X and Y games around December at this rate.

As for fanart, I love looking at them because it makes them look even cuter!

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Username: krabbypatz93
Partner: Pikachu. I figured I might as well choose Pikachu because I have one tattooed on my forearm :)

My thoughts on Dedenne: It's physical appearance is really adorable, but as a huge fan of Pikachu, I just see it as a little ripoff. Can't beat the original Pikachu, but nonetheless it is quite the adorable creature.

Years
Welcome to the club, guys! Sorry for the delay in adding you all.

Username: Yuki's Sword
Partner Rodent (choose one): Plulse. Minun. <3
Answer the Topic:
Do you guys have any favorite fanart of electric rodents? Feel free to share/post them!

I tend to not look at fanart unless I'm bored and want to do so--I'm usually not really interested into looking. T_T

You can only choose one for now, so would you prefer to have Plusle or Minun? :O

And krabbypatz, I felt the same way at first. But the more I see Dedenne in the games and official artwork of it the more different it looks to me. I can see where people come from when they say it looks like the Pikachu line though, but personally I feel it's only because of the coloring.

Spoiler:

D'aww, aren't they cute? :) This baby was drawn by renegade-rook on dA!

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
So, what initially drew all you towards the love of these electric rodents? Do any of you have special memories liked to any of them? I know I sure do. Pikachu was my first ever Pokemon when I started playing, right around my 7th birthday. I wasn't gonna wait till ten x)

Haha, Pokemon humor aside, Pikachu has always been a part of my life due to the fact that it was my first Pokemon. I was constantly bullied throughout my childhood years, so Pokemon was my escape. I specifically remember having fantasies where I would come to school with Pikachu on my shoulder and he would zap my bullies for me xD Oh the active imagination I sure had. and still do x)

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I have a Pikachu tattoo on my right forearm. It turned out pretty nice for a house tattoo. If you guys would like to see it, I'll post a picture of it here in the thread :3

@Cirno: that is such a cute picture ^,^

Last edited:
Years
That's adorable, krabby! I'm not one for tattoos but if I had to get one it'd be one of the cute little electric mice. Pikachu has been one of my favorites since I was a kid.

Anyways! Since X and Y are out we've finally managed to get a peek at the shiny Dedenne. I wasn't a fan of its coloring at first but the more I look at it the more adorable I think it is - it almost looks like chocolate. Below is an image:

Spoiler:

What do you guys think of the shiny version of Dedenne? yay or nay?

krabbypatz93

August Burns Red FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
That's adorable, krabby! I'm not one for tattoos but if I had to get one it'd be one of the cute little electric mice. Pikachu has been one of my favorites since I was a kid.

Anyways! Since X and Y are out we've finally managed to get a peek at the shiny Dedenne. I wasn't a fan of its coloring at first but the more I look at it the more adorable I think it is - it almost looks like chocolate. Below is an image:

Spoiler:

What do you guys think of the shiny version of Dedenne? yay or nay?

It's so cute, I just want to eat it! Dedenne smores, anyone? xD

&thank you! :3 hehe, to be honest with you the ladies actually seem to like that adorable little rodent on my arm. ;D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Welcome to the club, guys! Sorry for the delay in adding you all.

You can only choose one for now, so would you prefer to have Plusle or Minun? :O

Minun. I put both because I wasn't sure which one I preferred at the time.

OMG THAT SHINY DEDENNE IS A CUTIE I MUST HAVE IT.

Years
Updated your info, Pala! Sorry for the delay.. oh school, you darn thing you. :(

It's so cute, I just want to eat it! Dedenne smores, anyone? xD

&thank you! :3 hehe, to be honest with you the ladies actually seem to like that adorable little rodent on my arm. ;D

And ahh, you're right! I didn't notice that it was so.. smores-looking. Now I can't really unsee that. Here's another shot of it in Pokemon Amie:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh, Dedenne is my little chocolate chip cutie ♥ I'm absolutely adoring Dedenne, it's easily my favourite of the Gen VI additions and it's really fun to use on a team. I can't quite work out how the stats are distributed yet (does anyone know or?) but I'm using mine as a mixed attacker via Play Rough and Thunder, combined with Charge Beam for boots and Nuzzle for some nice Paralysis - also using Volt Switch over Nuzzle sometimes but not sure on which to stick with haha. Have many people tried using one yet? My Dedenne Bambina is easily my favourite team member in X and I don't ever plan to replace her.

On a related note;

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Dedenne is definitely going a long term member for me in Y. It's just so cute and aw-dorable! (awesome + adorable) It is totally my favorite Gen VI Pokemon and easily my 2nd favorite electric rodent. :) Also, that shiny Dedenne looks super cool. I really want one. :t172:

Years
Alex, I must have watched that at least 10 times now. Dedenne will never be seen the same way for me, but of course that's in a good way. <3

PichuRules4ever, awesome to hear! I was planning on using one myself but was a bit scared its stats would be horrifying like Pachirisu but that wasn't the case. So now I'll soon be focusing on breeding the little guy to finally use on my team. Surely I'll love it. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Have you guys seen how awful Dedenne is competitively? It's move pool is restricted to just Electric moves and Grass Knot (unless you want to risk a physical move in which case you also have Play Rough), and his stats are... unfortunately very poor :( It's a shame, originally I heard he was meant to be better than Raichu and they he was the best rodent so far but it's seeming like that's far from the real case. Not that that puts me off using him, I do still adore Dedenne and the one on my team right now is never leaving, but it's a bit of a buzz kill given the hype it had haha.

Years
Have you guys seen how awful Dedenne is competitively? It's move pool is restricted to just Electric moves and Grass Knot (unless you want to risk a physical move in which case you also have Play Rough), and his stats are... unfortunately very poor :( It's a shame, originally I heard he was meant to be better than Raichu and they he was the best rodent so far but it's seeming like that's far from the real case. Not that that puts me off using him, I do still adore Dedenne and the one on my team right now is never leaving, but it's a bit of a buzz kill given the hype it had haha.

You know, this post I reblogged on Tumblr sums it all up.

They really ruined Dedenne's movepool, so much wasted potential of that Fairy-type. Its stats are special-inclined yet it only gets Play Rough for a damaging Fairy STAB? He clearly pulled a Lilligant on us there if his movepool is almost purely Electric moves aside from some stuff here and there. Guess that puts him off for being my fave rodent, meaning Emolga can keep its title for my fave Pikaclone. Still, he's adorable as heck so that's not too bad.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I was greatly disappointed by Dedenne's move pool. I wanted to use him from the start on my team in Y because he's the electric rodent. When I found out he was also Fairy, that made it even better because it would give me a chance to get used to the new type. But then, the more my Dedenne leveled up, the more I realized that he just wasn't getting any Fairy moves. Now my Dedenne is my Electric type that knows Play Rough, and I have Klefki as my Fairy Pokemon.

Doesn't stop my Dedenne from being one of my strongest members. He kind of overpowered Yveltal the first time I tried to catch it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Dedenne is pretty small, so I'm not surprised to see it a little… weak. d: I know that size doesn't matter when it comes to Pokémon, but still does at the same time. Well, sort of. In Y, I've used Dedenne in a few of my battles. It was all right offensively, but defense-wise though, it was extremely underwhelming. Its Speed wasn't that great, either—many Pokémon were able to outrun it. If it was a bit faster, then maybe that could've made up for its low defensive stats. If it had more health, then that could've worked as well. When it comes to appearance, though, I love Dedenne. It's so adorable! If it had bigger eyes and was a little more chubby, it would have looked even cuter. I'd love to see an evolution for this Pokémon, but unfortunately, since most other rodents (excluding Pikachu, of course) don't have one, Dedenne will most likely not get one either. If it does, then that'd be quite epic!

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What do you think of Dedenne, the new electric rodent introduced in the sixth generation?
Dedenne is one cute and adorable rat, even though it seems smaller than Pikachu a bit. However, I didn't plan on using it on X and Y at the moment.

Years
Yeah.. the movepool was what put me off from using the little guy so I agree with you guys. :( He doesn't even strike me as an electric/fairy type so much as he seems just electric. It would've been nice to give him more fairy STAB moves. Play Rough is arguably the best fairy move in the entire game but Dedenne can't take full advantage of it because of its low attack stat. Too bad he didn't get Moonblast, haha. He can't learn any fairy moves through TMs, right?

But regardless, I'm still on the prowl for a shiny Dedenne. It's adorable and looks like chocolate!

And another topic: Did any one of you guys pick up Pikachu in the beginning of X or Y since he was available early? If so, did you use him/her on your team? If you don't have X or Y yet, do you have plans to use Pikachu and its line?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Unfortunately, Dedenne can't learn any Fairy moves through TM. I tried and was disappointed when I learned the truth.

I debated about using Pikachu in my Y playthrough. It's one of my favorite Electric types and I wanted to go through the game with one. But I already used it multiple times, and I couldn't find a male Pikachu. So once I found my male Dedenne, Pikachu was off the team. And it's kind of adorable when I pair my Dedenne up with my Tyrantrum. Tiny little hamster chillin' with my big ol' dinosaur. What a pair.

Back