• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
sorry to say so but its just not a good fakemon it looks very bad

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years

Well it's not very different to start off.
Sorry... :nervous: When you shade, think about how a circle is round. So it's head would be round, right? Just grab a little bouncy ball, something round. Shine a light on one side. See how the sahde is? It's not half and half. Shade follows the depth and height of the item.

sorry to say so but its just not a good fakemon it looks very bad

Freak, you were just talking about going easy on people. If your going to rate his art, say it nicely. It's not really nice to say that it looks bad, y'know.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
well shading is good on all sceers but the fake mon needs work sorry but it does dont take this in anyother way the shading is good though

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Hm. THis looks like a good game! By any chance would you need Fakemon? I think I can help :P

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
i know i keep asking but i just wamted some more feedback only on shading if thats ok its the same fakemon http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/kian12652/lasttryatfakemon.jpg

if this is bovering you guys please say thanks

~kian

It is getting a little annoying, but hey, if you want feedback, what else can you do? So I don't blame you.

Well Freak was wrong... the shading isn't too good. It should be a little darker, and the overall fakemon could be better. You need to think more about the anatomy. It looks like it's based on a monkey, right? Well you should think about how it would sit in that position. Monkeys don't sit like a marshmallow(Marshmallow!! XD) they sit with their legs bent up in the air, y'know?

Shading isn't easy. It takes a while to learn. I think you should go to the spriters forum. The people there will tell you how it really is, that way you'll get it. ^^

Hm. THis looks like a good game! By any chance would you need Fakemon? I think I can help :P

Of course we do! Spots are still and I think they will always will be open.
But, to sign up you will need:
  • Intermediate Art Skills, which consist of:
    • Shading
    • Shining
    • Proportions/Guidelines
    • Intermediate Anatomy Skills
  • 2 pieces of work, both qualifying, MUST be shown
  • These 2 pieces cannot be work off another Pokemon, they must be ideas made purely from your mind and YOURS ONLY!
  • If you are signing up to be a designer, you will need to know how to make images, not counting as sprites, without the help of someone else. You should also know how to save in common and good formats such as .PNG, which is the recommended format.
Er, sorry about that.
I'd better put that in the first post.

So, can you do that? XD

Kitsunez

Poke'mon Artist
Years
I can haz another designer friend? >: )

Kitsu~ Can put up Gattomiers name in the front page? Ya know, where the cheshire link iz plz? Also, you want a fire type poke'mon with a two evolutions, yes? Or do you want me to make one with just one evolution?

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
I can haz another designer friend? >: )

Kitsu~ Can put up Gattomiers name in the front page? Ya know, where the cheshire link iz plz? Also, you want a fire type poke'mon with a two evolutions, yes? Or do you want me to make one with just one evolution?

ohhh, woopsie.
Sorry 'bout that.
I'll put it up.
1 evo.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hey guys.. er, no one.
Well Averdak is back... So he'll be working on that music.
And more jobs are up! Check my deviantart(link below) and look at my journal for some jobs!

And I'mma try and get some back sprites done! Buhbye!

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
hey i just wanted to show the third route to ya all

opal3.png

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
I like the Fakemon personaly. I think from my fellings and point of view you should try to create a copy of this on a portable system and on RMXP because people that have little time at home can take this on their DS or GBA same thing viseversal people without a system and/or flashcart can use their computer so take it into consideration either to make two or one because for me I always have my DS with me not my computer and for other people again have only a computer so do whatever you can.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
I like the Fakemon personaly. I think from my fellings and point of view you should try to create a copy of this on a portable system and on RMXP because people that have little time at home can take this on their DS or GBA same thing viseversal people without a system and/or flashcart can use their computer so take it into consideration either to make two or one because for me I always have my DS with me not my computer and for other people again have only a computer so do whatever you can.

:/

Well, it's not that easy. I don't think most people even do that.. There's really no way unless you use an emulator, but how would you get it onto the DS anyway? And there'd be alot of issues with that. And yeah, it's being made for computers.. what do you think we're doing? o_0
That's probably illegal, so no. Sorry.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Of course we do! Spots are still and I think they will always will be open.
But, to sign up you will need:
  • Intermediate Art Skills, which consist of:
    • Shading
    • Shining
    • Proportions/Guidelines
    • Intermediate Anatomy Skills
  • 2 pieces of work, both qualifying, MUST be shown
  • These 2 pieces cannot be work off another Pokemon, they must be ideas made purely from your mind and YOURS ONLY!
  • If you are signing up to be a designer, you will need to know how to make images, not counting as sprites, without the help of someone else. You should also know how to save in common and good formats such as .PNG, which is the recommended format.
Er, sorry about that.
I'd better put that in the first post.

So, can you do that? XD

._.' sorry I didn't reply.

ok. Intermediate art skills. Well, telling my the avatar, I would say im good at shading (as the sprites shading was bad when I got it >.<. I know it is a fusion of umbreon and luxio but when i fused them the shading was messed up, so I redid it.), Shining...Define shining. Proportions, guidelines and intermediate anatomy skills. I will post these in the two peices of work that I will be posting later.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
._.' sorry I didn't reply.

ok. Intermediate art skills. Well, telling my the avatar, I would say im good at shading (as the sprites shading was bad when I got it >.<. I know it is a fusion of umbreon and luxio but when i fused them the shading was messed up, so I redid it.), Shining...Define shining. Proportions, guidelines and intermediate anatomy skills. I will post these in the two peices of work that I will be posting later.

Shining is making shines on pictures. You know, like a spot of a lighter color.

Splices don't count! It must be completely from scratch!

C0d3 br3ak3r

Pres. of Project Nightfall
Years
Kitsukitty!!!
My only friend on pokecommunity sent me this amazing map of a town! There is a cave, a flower field, a gym, and some other buildings!!! You just have to see it!

Its on my page in messages. Sorry I have not sent enough to send a pic. Its saying its a URL.

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Kitsukitty!!!
My only friend on pokecommunity sent me this amazing map of a town! There is a cave, a flower field, a gym, and some other buildings!!! You just have to see it!

Its on my page in messages. Sorry I have not sent enough to send a pic. Its saying its a URL.

I saw it when you requested to be my friend before.. I checked your page, but it seemed you were just a random person, so...

Erm, why are you coming to me to show it? I don't make or rate maps.

C0d3 br3ak3r

Pres. of Project Nightfall
Years
This is gonna be so awesome!!!!! Hey, if you're EXTREMELY lucky, Nintendo and Game Freak will "catch wind" of Pokemon Opal and use the fakes in their next game!!! That would be so awesome!(P.S. I'm like a spy it is not possiple to see if I am online or not.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
This is gonna be so awesome!!!!! Hey, if you're EXTREMELY lucky, Nintendo and Game Freak will "catch wind" of Pokemon Opal and use the fakes in their next game!!! That would be so awesome!(P.S. I'm like a spy it is not possiple to see if I am online or not.

ok...
This has been said a MILLION times before. "I'll show your fakemon to Nintendo and game freak."
The odds of them accepting it is so incredibly low, and everyone knows that. I doubt that the creators even stuff in any time search for kids who can design well. They have designers for a reason y'know. I could send it to them, but I'm pretty sure they delete more than half of them before reading any.. and I'm not even sure if they receive them the way I'm thinking..

And you're off-topic. Did you even read my last post? <_<

And you're using invisible mode.. everyone's aware of that now. You're not a spy anymore! ._."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back