• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
thankiethanks

you need to script a trainer battle with the trainer number to be found through the hacking program called PET.
then you can edit the trainer's pkmn party in many ways; PET, Trainer Edit, Amplifier Ae, hex...
thanks a bunch.... do you know how to make pokemon inside pokeballs on the ground...kinda like a starter only.....not?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thanks a bunch.... do you know how to make pokemon inside pokeballs on the ground...kinda like a starter only.....not?

you need to script it as well using the givepokemon command.

scripting tutorials are to be found in the Documents and Tutorials section.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I was just wondering how I could make the tile overlap the sprite instead of the sprite overlapping the tile..
glitchqm3.png

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I was just wondering how I could make the tile overlap the sprite instead of the sprite overlapping the tile..
glitchqm3.png

in the tile viewer, you can see in the lower-right corner where it states there 'Covered by player' or whatever, change the number to 00...

in Ruby, change it from 10 to 00...
in FireRed, change it from 20 to 00...

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

in the tile viewer, you can see in the lower-right corner where it states there 'Covered by player' or whatever, change the number to 00...

in Ruby, change it from 10 to 00...
in FireRed, change it from 20 to 00...

Gracias..that was a big help. Thanks again.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
im sorry but this is way to confusing. what do i type for events and than where do i put it? I read the entire guide and didnt understand. I hope im not bothering you. Your the only one that knows about this. I mean you did create the program. So do you think you can help me?

Reading isn't enough sadly, you need to actually try.

HEHE thanks can i stupid question....of course its on google.
okay and this also :(
On Advance Map
How do i make a new person event a trainer battle?
I've added the person but how do i add pokemon cause im afraid if i dont ill get a ? pokemon (they scare me)
*looks around wariliy*

What about trying A-Trainer Beta? You can find it in my Tools Factory, one of the latest posts.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
how do you add your own songs in the game??

oh and how do you edit the begibing credits/intro?

Last edited:

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
I thinking im learning a little more on scripting. I havent successfully done anything yet but i still dont know know how to give it to a certain person in the game, or convert it for that matter. can anyone tell me how to do that?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I don't really ever ask things twice, but it is necessary that I figure this out for a project I am working on...

It is in regard to the Map Footer. Using the XSE command setmapfooter.
What exactly is a map footer, how can I find it, and... really that is all I need... unless anyone wants to gimme a list of the map footers, that would be great.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
i have a sorta problem

where is the offset for the "NO" text you see when you are asked a yes/no question

i'm using ruby

and looking for it in advance text

after going through a lot of search results, an error comes up: "error 67: too many files" and a-text closes. so i cant get to the NO i want. if anyone knows the offset in a-text, that would be helpful

Edit: tried using a hex editor, but i didnt understand how to find things. lol

EDIT2: nvm, i found it right next to yes. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
Asking for the third time, because I really would like to know the answer to this.

You know how trainers and the like have walk animations in the overworld, and Pokemon don't (they just kind of... slide)? Is there any way to give Pokemon walk animations? Looking in Overworld Editor, there are 8 different possitions for each sprite (facing up, facing down, facing left, frame 1 of a walking down animation, frame 2 of a walking down animation, etc); however, all the walking animations are "linked" (for lack of a better word) to the "facing this direction" frame (if you change one, the other one changes too).

Anyway, if it is possible to change that, would that fall under scripting? Would I have to try to figure that out myself, or is there a program that can help me do that? I'm more of a spriter than anything else, so if it does require scripting, I'd appreciate it if you used small words XD Thank you!

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
ya know, people dont have to reply to your question, so either just wait or ask some other time, because people get annoyed by that. (i don't, but then again idk the answer xD)

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
Haha, sorry! I just couldn't tell if my posts were being lost behind the more recent posts/not being seen for some other reason or just no-one knew the answer. Now that I know it's the latter, I will happily shut up and work on the other parts of my game for a while before trying again. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Are there any trainer editing tools other than Trainer Edit and PET since neither of them work on my computer?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Are there any trainer editing tools other than Trainer Edit and PET since neither of them work on my computer?

Try A-Trainer... I dunno what computer you are using, but A-trainer might work, click the link at the bottom of HackMew's signature, or search for A-Trainer

Asking for the third time, because I really would like to know the answer to this.

You know how trainers and the like have walk animations in the overworld, and Pokemon don't (they just kind of... slide)? Is there any way to give Pokemon walk animations? Looking in Overworld Editor, there are 8 different possitions for each sprite (facing up, facing down, facing left, frame 1 of a walking down animation, frame 2 of a walking down animation, etc); however, all the walking animations are "linked" (for lack of a better word) to the "facing this direction" frame (if you change one, the other one changes too).

Anyway, if it is possible to change that, would that fall under scripting? Would I have to try to figure that out myself, or is there a program that can help me do that? I'm more of a spriter than anything else, so if it does require scripting, I'd appreciate it if you used small words XD Thank you!

You have to either add a new OW to the game, or copy the sprites to another OW, and draw in the movement animations yourself...

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Some own?
Plies i wan't to know

Check the Docs and Tutorials sction. If not, PM me, I'll tell you.

My own question: How does the map connections work? I made a connection, but its a little off... How do I edit the connection ie how to make the connection to the right a tile or two higher or lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back