• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon Amaryllis

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
BETA 1.0 (20/08/16)
Today is the official release of Beta 1.0 of Amaryllis.
Beta 1.0 has content up to Gym 3.
There are over 20 Fakemon available in this demo, with around 3-5 hours of gameplay time.

Some things to note:

• Please report all bugs you find.
  • I'd love to hear your personal thoughts and opinions on the game.
  • Some sprites are only placeholders/unfinished. They'll be fixed over time.
  • If I missed anyone in the credits, please tell me. I'll fix that for you. Sometimes I forget to keep track of these things.

Anyway, the download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-SuQe3NUgoZHNPMWNGWjZWemc

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
That is not meant to happen. Are you sure you've patched correctly using a FR 1.0 rom? These errors don't happen when I use a 1.0 rom.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Eh, that's odd. I used the ROM from github (don't think I can link it) so try using that.
If possible, could you tell me where you got your rom/the default filename, too?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
I must sign in at github.com ..

I have my roms from google
From the first sites you can open

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
NEVERMIND I fixed it, hopefully.
Thanks to COOLTRAINER♂ for the very complicated fix :^)
Just redownload the patch.

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Idk what to do in the 3rd gym, I've tried doing everything.
Start from the center tile, and walk in this order:
Up, Left, Down, Down, Right, Right, Up, up, Up, Up, Right, Right, Right, Down, Right
It is incredibly confusing I know, so it'll be fixed for the next patch.

Years
Hello! I'm not sure if this is intentional, but when playing as female (haven't tested as a male character) your rival shows up as Gary/Blue and when naming her, the tiny sprite flickers back and forth between Blue and your custom purple haired sprite, while she's running next to the naming bar. In the actual game she shows up with red hair like you described!

Attachments

• rival.png
    rival.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 4

DPYEO

MikeyMethod
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hey Im playing ur hack right now its good and everything im just stuck at the part with the dark gym leader and everything im so confused XD tried everything lol its very difficult to figure out any suggestions but good hack though

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Nice Hack, nice fakemon so far can't wait to see more from the Project in the future! My Team at the End of Beta 1.0

1. Rimor (Level 14)
2. Caverth (Level 16)
3. Sepabone (Level 20)
4. Twistyle (Level 23)
5. Driseal (Level 24)

Any New Update so far for this game at the moment?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 10, 2016
Yo this game is really awesome so far but a few bugs really bug me (no pun intended)
1: when you go in party the sprite for starter is charmander and for rook owl its pudgy
2: In the beginning the rival is gary and not mary with bugs me a bit
3: The first town is really buggy

This game is really fun and am a big fan of the fire starter and rook owl I hope and expect you fix this and if you do this will be a great game

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Yo this game is really awesome so far but a few bugs really bug me (no pun intended)
1: when you go in party the sprite for starter is charmander and for rook owl its pudgy
2: In the beginning the rival is gary and not mary with bugs me a bit
3: The first town is really buggy

This game is really fun and am a big fan of the fire starter and rook owl I hope and expect you fix this and if you do this will be a great game

Thanks for playing!

1 & 2) Already known, I need to get proper sprites for those placeholders eventually.
3) In what way? It seems fine to me.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
October 2016 Progress Report

Hey! It's been a while, hasn't it? If I remember correctly, the last time I properly updated you all on the progress of the game was all the way back in August! And now, we're approaching November, so that's almost 3 months ago. It might have seemed like the game has died, but there's nothing to fear, I'm still working on it. The start of the academic year has slowed me down somewhat, and also I had a bit of 'developer's block'. I would like to make the progress reports larger and more spaced out, so there's most likely going to be one every 1-2 months. Anyway, onto the progress report itself!

JPAN's Engine & More Music
The game is being remade in JPAN's engine, in order for more flexibility and features for me as a ROM hacker, and for you to enjoy. Some of the sections on this update are also only made possible thanks to this excellent new engine. You can check out JPAN's engine here, in order to understand better of the changes it will bring. Also, I figured that I used the wrong ROM base for Amaryllis in the first place, I'm sorry for that, but now I'm using the right base in the recreation of the game.

More music is in the game thanks to my friend Squeetz' excellent patch, which can be found here. Music from RSE, Drill Dozer, PMD Red, and even some Summon Night has been added to Amaryllis using that patch. Now each area can have its own unique music! One day, there may be music from other games as well, but for now, there is a wide collection of music for you to enjoy. Thanks, Squeetz and JPAN!

Improved overworlds
If you played the 1.0 beta version released in August, you might have thought some overworlds looked a little scruffy. Well, JPAN's engine means that more palette slots can be added for overworld sprites to use! Here's some examples:

uuGlklW.png

These characters (in order): Professor Basswood, Rival Mary, and Epoch Grunt M.
Some characters got a redesign, like Basswood and Mary, because with the new palette, their designs can be improved.
It is likely that all important characters will get their own palette slot. Now, don't you think the characters are much more vibrant with these great new colours?

New Pokémon!
Yeah, some Pokémon in the original release really weren't that great. Like Peppicap, which was unfortunately conceived just before Popplio's reveal, and Rookowl, which just feels redundant with Hoothoot and Noctowl around. So, some of the new Pokémon will be replaced by new ones, I'm sorry if you liked them. They could return though, I haven't made up my mind.

Anyway, replacing Rookowl, here's the new regional bird, a petrel!

Bcqvvzd.png
7k2rqUs.png

Did I capture the feel of the petrel? As always, my designs aren't the best, obviously, but I hope I did a good job on this one. Here's a sample description for the theme of these critters:

"Their wings are straight, and their feathers are thin like paper. This allows them to be streamlined in the air, which makes their flight and gliding very fast! They fly in a group, and attack with the beak or with their sharp feathers."

More new Pokémon to come!

Region of Ohkai
I never really did say much about the setting of the game, Ohkai, did I? Well, it is based off of Canada and the Hudson Bay, being a cold and icy region. The south is free of snow, and as you travel north, Ohkai's winter climate starts to take hold. As you can tell, the area it's based on isn't really like that at all, it's freezing and wintry all around. However, Ohkai won't be a carbon copy, it will be similar in some ways to it's real equivalent, but different in other ways. The name reflects that: 'Ohkai' is a very different name to 'Canada'.

Actually, the name of Ohkai is based off of 'Youkai', which are Japanese creatures of mystery. It sounds deep, but really, it was just named that because the game Youkai Watch had just come out at the time of it's conception, haha. Well, that's enough of me describing what the region is like, because here it is in full glory:

2uzP7Yn.png

Well, I hope you enjoyed the progress report. I'd like to take the development slowly, so the end result can be amazing!
If you'd like to help me, send me a PM or DM on my Twitter! In particular, I need someone to create sprites for the new Pokémon and Trainers. Art isn't my strong point, and if someone could help the project in that department, I would be over the moon.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
October 2016 Progress Report

Hey! It's been a while, hasn't it? If I remember correctly, the last time I properly updated you all on the progress of the game was all the way back in August! And now, we're approaching November, so that's almost 3 months ago. It might have seemed like the game has died, but there's nothing to fear, I'm still working on it. The start of the academic year has slowed me down somewhat, and also I had a bit of 'developer's block'. I would like to make the progress reports larger and more spaced out, so there's most likely going to be one every 1-2 months. Anyway, onto the progress report itself!

JPAN's Engine & More Music
The game is being remade in JPAN's engine, in order for more flexibility and features for me as a ROM hacker, and for you to enjoy. Some of the sections on this update are also only made possible thanks to this excellent new engine. You can check out JPAN's engine here, in order to understand better of the changes it will bring. Also, I figured that I used the wrong ROM base for Amaryllis in the first place, I'm sorry for that, but now I'm using the right base in the recreation of the game.

More music is in the game thanks to my friend Squeetz' excellent patch, which can be found here. Music from RSE, Drill Dozer, PMD Red, and even some Summon Night has been added to Amaryllis using that patch. Now each area can have its own unique music! One day, there may be music from other games as well, but for now, there is a wide collection of music for you to enjoy. Thanks, Squeetz and JPAN!

Improved overworlds
If you played the 1.0 beta version released in August, you might have thought some overworlds looked a little scruffy. Well, JPAN's engine means that more palette slots can be added for overworld sprites to use! Here's some examples:

uuGlklW.png

These characters (in order): Professor Basswood, Rival Mary, and Epoch Grunt M.
Some characters got a redesign, like Basswood and Mary, because with the new palette, their designs can be improved.
It is likely that all important characters will get their own palette slot. Now, don't you think the characters are much more vibrant with these great new colours?

New Pokémon!
Yeah, some Pokémon in the original release really weren't that great. Like Peppicap, which was unfortunately conceived just before Popplio's reveal, and Rookowl, which just feels redundant with Hoothoot and Noctowl around. So, some of the new Pokémon will be replaced by new ones, I'm sorry if you liked them. They could return though, I haven't made up my mind.

Anyway, replacing Rookowl, here's the new regional bird, a petrel!

Bcqvvzd.png
7k2rqUs.png

Did I capture the feel of the petrel? As always, my designs aren't the best, obviously, but I hope I did a good job on this one. Here's a sample description for the theme of these critters:

"Their wings are straight, and their feathers are thin like paper. This allows them to be streamlined in the air, which makes their flight and gliding very fast! They fly in a group, and attack with the beak or with their sharp feathers."

More new Pokémon to come!

Region of Ohkai
I never really did say much about the setting of the game, Ohkai, did I? Well, it is based off of Canada and the Hudson Bay, being a cold and icy region. The south is free of snow, and as you travel north, Ohkai's winter climate starts to take hold. As you can tell, the area it's based on isn't really like that at all, it's freezing and wintry all around. However, Ohkai won't be a carbon copy, it will be similar in some ways to it's real equivalent, but different in other ways. The name reflects that: 'Ohkai' is a very different name to 'Canada'.

Actually, the name of Ohkai is based off of 'Youkai', which are Japanese creatures of mystery. It sounds deep, but really, it was just named that because the game Youkai Watch had just come out at the time of it's conception, haha. Well, that's enough of me describing what the region is like, because here it is in full glory:

2uzP7Yn.png

Well, I hope you enjoyed the progress report. I'd like to take the development slowly, so the end result can be amazing!
If you'd like to help me, send me a PM or DM on my Twitter! In particular, I need someone to create sprites for the new Pokémon and Trainers. Art isn't my strong point, and if someone could help the project in that department, I would be over the moon.

But I loved my little rookowl tho ;-; maybe you can keep him. In pokemon red theres two early bird pokemon pidgey and spearow, so I hope it's not too much trouble to ask to keep him?

megaman d

novice scripter
Years
my first hack with fakemon as i really resisted in playing with fakemons.... anyways great work and hopefully you got more of them fakemons coming. *is the 3rd gym end like nothing to do after defeating dusty :?

Back