• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESOURCE] Ho-oh 112's Online System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
INTRO:
So I'm working on a MySQL Based online Pokemon Kit using the LATEST Essentials, Why would I do that? Because I can then find/fix my errors faster, no netplay required, ect.

Current Features:
None yet, still learning the last basics of MySQL and then I'll start making better scripts

Planned Features:
Online:
THESE 3 HAVE CUSTOM RESTRICTIONS
Mystery Gift
Trade Pokemon/Items/Eggs
Give Items/Eggs
THESE HAVE SET RESTRICTIONS
PvP
Buddy-Up
Buddy-Up Gym battles
Wifi-Battle Zones
Offline:
Everything Poke-Essentials offers....

Current Progress:
0%

Current Release:
none....

Credits:
Poccil/Maruno - for Poke-Essentials
Alexandre - inspiring me to create this
Ho-oh 112 - Scripts

PLEASE GIVE ANY IDEAS IF YOU WANT TO HELP PLEASE DO SO!

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
I don't know how useful MySQL will be for real-time multiplayer... It's fine for GTS and Mystery Gift systems, but when you get onto interacting with other players, you'll want a different approach. You should write some sort of server program that handles user requests, and only uses the MySQL database for saving data.

Anyway, what do you mean by custom/set restrictions?

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I don't know how useful MySQL will be for real-time multiplayer... It's fine for GTS and Mystery Gift systems, but when you get onto interacting with other players, you'll want a different approach. You should write some sort of server program that handles user requests, and only uses the MySQL database for saving data.

Anyway, what do you mean by custom/set restrictions?

I've seen other people say that it works fine for online systems....

Custom Restrictions:
Creator Chooses these Values...
Choose Of things like:
Can obtain with x number of badges else you can't receive.
Stuff like that (city-wise/var too)
Set Restrictions:
Players Decides pre-set values....
Choice of things like:
1 pokemon only/3 pokemon only/6 pokemon only
levels 1-10 only/ levels 50+ only

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
I'm pretty sure MySQL only provides a database interface - it won't be able to handle game logic or efficient client-to-client communication.

Also, thanks for clearing up what you mean by 'restrictions'.

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I'm pretty sure MySQL only provides a database interface - it won't be able to handle game logic or efficient client-to-client communication.

Also, thanks for clearing up what you mean by 'restrictions'.

I'll try because it's only a matter of sending user data back and forth...

Edit: Yeah, It'll be good having a backup if this blows up in my face...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Right, Ho-oh, don't post a resource until you actually have a resource. If you feel the need to discuss what could be added to the Online System then please feel free to post a discussion thread in the Essentials section. There's no need for a thread intended to be a resource when it doesn't have one yet I'm afraid. So I'll have to close this.

Locked.

Ps. Also in future, you can use the prefixes provided in this section when making a thread. They're there to help people see what kind of resource you have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back