• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
got the tutorial done. hope it helps.

Thanks!

Maybe you should use a few real Pokemon and add evolutions, for example eevee with a bug-type evolution.

Really, we're only doing a couple, but it's only for evolutions and pre-evolutions. I though you would have noticed Absol..

Here is it 2 frames without the last one...View attachment 54505

uhhh.. no. They are very novice. 0_0' I think you might want to compare those to the ones you can see on the banner. Sorry, they won't really fit in, and they're traced, anyway.
If I were you I would make a thread for your sprites so that people can give you some critique.

Turns out I forgot a lot of sprites.. D: so we probably have more than 25% to go for sprites. D: I'll do my best.
I will soon upload the official songs to youtube..

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Just wondering, have you actually tested any of these scripts? There are glaring errors in them; they'd never work in-game.

We never said it did work. This is just a tutorial for me; we will fix it as we test it with Opal's website.
And if you really found errors it'd be more helpful if you told us how to fix them..

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
honestly, I don't know whether to praise or rip this game. Some of the fakemon are fantastic, but some are terrible that don't go with the others. And there are a lot of foxes, lol.
Anyway, I don't get the Thunder Fox Line, the second guy looks like a stage 1 pkmn and the two final evolutions look excatly the same

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
honestly, I don't know whether to praise or rip this game. Some of the fakemon are fantastic, but some are terrible that don't go with the others. And there are a lot of foxes, lol.
Anyway, I don't get the Thunder Fox Line, the second guy looks like a stage 1 pkmn and the two final evolutions look excatly the same

I don't know if you even looked at the pictures. On Thundrev's it even states the evolution line. It's a two-way, and that's why they look almost the same.
And I don't see how that looks like a stage 1 pokemon. Really. Most of them start out really small... and it's not that small.
And if you really think they're "terrible" I'd like to see you join so we can make the better. Hmm?

Anyway, we still have sprites to do.. I'm going to go all-out with them.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
sorry about that, I think you guys will work it out.
And i have NO artistic skill whatsoever :P

actually, I think I have some really good Ideas for some Pokemon if you want them.
And again, I'm really sorry about what I said, anyway i could draw some sort of crappy sketch for a Pokemon I thought of and you could have your Artist draw it.

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
sorry about that, I think you guys will work it out.
And i have NO artistic skill whatsoever :P

actually, I think I have some really good Ideas for some Pokemon if you want them.
And again, I'm really sorry about what I said, anyway i could draw some sort of crappy sketch for a Pokemon I thought of and you could have your Artist draw it.

The odds are that someone who can't draw very well won't have good ideas... D| But you can give it a try. I'm totally out of deviantart commissions to do, so...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
don't judge a sucky artist by his drawings, lol

oh and do you want the Pokemon to be cute?

i actually have an idea for a pokemon mushmellow, its a mix between a mushroom and a marshmellow.
I'll have it up by tommorrow.

Last edited:

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
Tbh, I agree with AceDragonite, those fakemon are horrible :/

And hmm... The story, well that wasn't much of a story but how the game begins... It's like saying that "Oak gives you a Pokemon when he sees you going into the tall grass without one" for Pokemon Red...
A more sensible story would describe the evil teams (if any), why the professor was giving out Pokemon to the rival/us... etc.

EDIT: I'm not a big fan of the CMS either, but at least it looks different :P

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
The odds are that someone who can't draw very well won't have good ideas... D| But you can give it a try. I'm totally out of deviantart commissions to do, so...

you shouldn't say tht i mean he probably has quite good ideas and people are many times against all odds just look at me i have awesome ideas but i suck when it comes to art.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I'm curious, this game has been in the showcase for awhile and has 11 pages of replys, why are ppl now deciding to say its bad? I was never a fan personally but thats just me.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
don't judge a sucky artist by his drawings, lol

oh and do you want the Pokemon to be cute?

i actually have an idea for a pokemon mushmellow, its a mix between a mushroom and a marshmellow.
I'll have it up by tommorrow.

I've ever seen your drawings XD but I'd like to see your ideas.
They don't have to be cute.

Tbh, I agree with AceDragonite, those fakemon are horrible :/

And hmm... The story, well that wasn't much of a story but how the game begins... It's like saying that "Oak gives you a Pokemon when he sees you going into the tall grass without one" for Pokemon Red...
A more sensible story would describe the evil teams (if any), why the professor was giving out Pokemon to the rival/us... etc.

EDIT: I'm not a big fan of the CMS either, but at least it looks different :P

Well, thank you very much.
Not only did you leave unclear feedback but you didn't really tell us which or how we could improve.
This thread has been here for how long and suddenly we need someone to insult us?
I don't want to sound rude or conceited, but maybe if you're going to say something we love making is horrible you should tell us how you could help or leave feedback? What's horrible? I'm not going to sit here figuring out what's horrible when you could tell us.
There's a lot of the story left out.

This is really starting to bother me. If you want to say something looks bad you could at least tell us how to improve. Without doing so all that shows is that you can't do better..? Or can you? Just tell us what's wrong. We made these things, we can't tell whats wrong all the time. And it truly hurts an artist to say something of theirs looks horrible. I've been drawing for 10 years and I still get this without anybody even trying to help. It's either "oh, that looks nice" or "that looks terrible".. how long should I wait for feedback?
I don't want to be ranting but this is just getting me annoyed.

And no, I don't appreciate any "you suck" comments, that's just plain rude.

I'm curious, this game has been in the showcase for awhile and has 11 pages of replys, why are ppl now deciding to say its bad? I was never a fan personally but thats just me.

I don't know, apparently there's this wave of "this game has been here too long".

you shouldn't say tht i mean he probably has quite good ideas and people are many times against all odds just look at me i have awesome ideas but i suck when it comes to art.

Don't worry I'll let him think up some ideas XD Sorry about that.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
I never said it was bad, just said I wasn't interested in playing it. There is a difference. I wont comment on the game because it would be completely pointless...

But I can tell u this "Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!" makes your game look unprofessional for 2 reasons and I will tell you why. 1, the person who started the "hideAki" thing(Game company) game has failed if I am not mistaken, and 2, You cant start a game company with a fan game.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
I never said it was bad, just said I wasn't interested in playing it. There is a difference. I wont comment on the game because it would be completely pointless...

But I can tell u this "Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!" makes your game look unprofessional for 2 reasons and I will tell you why. 1, the person who started the "hideAki" thing(Game company) game has failed if I am not mistaken, and 2, You cant start a game company with a fan game.

I wasn't talking to you. *re-orders text*
And, I can see your text. I have no idea why in the world you had to try and make it "invisible", but.. :/
it's not a company.. it's a group. i don't remember saying it was a company..
We're not stupid. It's just a tiny organization of games to hold the copyright. This isn't the only project I wanted to try. In fact, there are many others..

And, almost all the games look unprofessional. They're fan-made for crying out loud.. it's like... they're supposed to XD(they're not, but y'know what I mean..)

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
You clearly dont get what im trying to say... Its fine... and All the games do not look un professional, Blue Chrome actually looks professionally done, machalite wasn't bad either.... look at those projects n re evaulate this project

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
You clearly dont get what im trying to say... Its fine... and All the games do not look un professional, Blue Chrome actually looks professionally done, machalite wasn't bad either.... look at those projects n re evaulate this project

I didn't say all of them.. i know for sure some of them don't but really, most of them seem to..
And I've done that hundreds of times.. I do it all the time. We're just so slow -.-' And to tell the truth, most of the people that should be spriting, don't really give a crap. *shrug* I guess no one likes a crappy game.. only if it's visuals are good, then the game is good.
One thing we're trying to get done is actually a HGSS battle script.. it's still being worked on. Haven't talked to the scripter for a while. :/

And, er.. what's fine? I know for sure this game is not fine if people still think the fakemon are horrible.. (some are being redrawn, anyway..)

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
If criticism is an insult for you... Then, I think you're only interested in the good comments. In which case you can go on to create a crappy game. Being in here for long or not doesn't make much difference imo.

I'd say how you could improve those fakemon, if I could understand what they were.
They hold no similarity to the actual Pokemon. In some cases this can be good, this certainly isn't the case.
The green one in the banner looks like a bald guy with a pony tail sticking out of his head. And the pony tail is too jerky.
The blue one looks like a guy with a horrible goiter, and a fractured leg... The tail looks like it's stuck to it's leg.
The orange one is a little better, but it doesn't look like it is shaded properly. It's backside is way to straight...

I do like the concept art, but the sprites are HORRIBLE

Rules want you to have a plot. That thing doesn't count as a plot. That imo is a lame excuse for a plot. You can prevent spoiling the plot, but little details don't spoil anything... I mean I can't even tell whether there are gyms or a league?

Well, coating everything with "horrible" and "lame" doesn't really help me feel like I can do any better. I mean, you're giving me critiques and yet you're saying it like we're sucky artists... We're all trying. if you couldn't tell I'm already in a bad mood, and you don't see me calling everything horrible.. Understand what i mean? It's great you found something wrong but it's best to help rather than insult. It's not critique unless you're tellng me how to do better. The word "horrible" is taken as an insult and I'm pretty sure you already knew that.
Not to mention a lot of those sprites are being redone. They're old. That blue one was actually one of my first, I think..
And there's only a couple of sprites, so..

The plot is foreshadowed and I was planning to write it up later. If this didn't cross as a plot I have no idea how it got into the forum, lol..
Whatever, thank you for your critique or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
Years
I'd just point something out... And I'm referring to your reply to King earlier.

It's the game play that makes a game... Not the graphics themselves. Maybe the graphics may make you go "WOW!" for the first 20 minutes, but after that without decent game play, your game is screwed. That's why we love playing Pokemon, it may have horrible graphics but it's the concept that we love.
When I first looked at it, I couldn't find either the graphics good or the game play (plot)

I'm sorry if I had offended you with my choices of words. I just posted my first reaction to what I saw.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
I'd just point something out... And I'm referring to your reply to King earlier.

It's the game play that makes a game... Not the graphics themselves. Maybe the graphics may make you go "WOW!" for the first 20 minutes, but after that without decent game play, your game is screwed. That's why we love playing Pokemon, it may have horrible graphics but it's the concept that we love.
When I first looked at it, I couldn't find either the graphics good or the game play (plot)

I'm sorry if I had offended you with my choices of words. I just posted my first reaction to what I saw.

Ok |D I'm sorry if it was like I was blowing up on you..
Just.. make sure you leave critique.. or else it just sounds like an insult..!
Yeah, I know, that's something I left out D: Gameplay and plot are important..(we actually haven't named the evil team in this one yet XD I have yet to talk with the Mapper) Our plot is interesting but we left it out.. I wrote this a long time ago, like an idiot.
I'll try and get it up soon. -.-'

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
If criticism is an insult for you... Then, I think you're only interested in the good comments. In which case you can go on to create a crappy game. Being in here for long or not doesn't make much difference imo.

I'd say how you could improve those fakemon, if I could understand what they were.
They hold no similarity to the actual Pokemon. In some cases this can be good, this certainly isn't the case.
The green one in the banner looks like a bald guy with a pony tail sticking out of his head. And the pony tail is too jerky.
The blue one looks like a guy with a horrible goiter, and a fractured leg... The tail looks like it's stuck to it's leg.
The orange one is a little better, but it doesn't look like it is shaded properly. It's backside is way to straight...

I do like the concept art, but the sprites are HORRIBLE

Rules want you to have a plot. That thing doesn't count as a plot. That imo is a lame excuse for a plot. You can prevent spoiling the plot, but little details don't spoil anything... I mean I can't even tell whether there are gyms or a league?

If you go to her deviantart, the actual drawings look very good, but Malachites Pokemon are a bit avant garde, but they're my favorite fakemon because of that, and the malachite sprites are excelent. Just make sure the sprites match the Pokemon is all. And your partially right as well, the plot is the hook that excites people to play the game, and maybe the evil team could be more of a unorganized band of rebels, that gradually gain power, insted of cold organized crime. And Mr Ck, you took it a bit too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back