• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Not sure if I've posted on Uranium yet or not, but I've been watching it for a while. It's amazing how much progress you've made since I joined. And as for those videos, they're grrrreat! Also, you're Fakemon have improved significantly as well.

BTW, your thread isn't unnoticed. It's actually one of the most watched games here, I think.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
English

Cool!
I liked the musics xD All are very good.
A question... You made these musics?
These two fakemons are great! They already have a name?
Good luck.
I wait for updates!

Portugues

Legal!
Eu gostei dessas musicas xD Todas estão muito boas.
Uma pergunta... vc q fez essas musicas?
Esses dois fakemons estão ótimos! Eles ja tem nome?
Boa sorte.
Espero por atualizações!

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Hey Uranium team =)

I've never posted on this thread before but ive been a keen follower for quite some time, just thought i'd write and show my support just to show theres not a lack of it around =)

Btw JV, I'd love to be a beta tester if youd have me - i pm-ed you a while back about it but you never got back to me so i just thought i'd post it here.
Keep up the great work!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Hi, your opening post says that you need Pokemon of certain types urgently. I'm not sure if it's out of date or not, but if you do need any ideas.... well, just look at my signature.

I really like how the game is looking by the way, I look forward to playing. :)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Not sure if I've posted on Uranium yet or not, but I've been watching it for a while. It's amazing how much progress you've made since I joined. And as for those videos, they're grrrreat! Also, you're Fakemon have improved significantly as well.

BTW, your thread isn't unnoticed. It's actually one of the most watched games here, I think.

Thx for the compliments my friend ;].

English

Cool!
I liked the musics xD All are very good.
A question... You made these musics?
These two fakemons are great! They already have a name?
Good luck.
I wait for updates!

Portugues

Legal!
Eu gostei dessas musicas xD Todas estão muito boas.
Uma pergunta... vc q fez essas musicas?
Esses dois fakemons estão ótimos! Eles ja tem nome?
Boa sorte.
Espero por atualizações!

Hehe, yes they have ^^. Flw~

Hey Uranium team =)

I've never posted on this thread before but ive been a keen follower for quite some time, just thought i'd write and show my support just to show theres not a lack of it around =)

Btw JV, I'd love to be a beta tester if youd have me - i pm-ed you a while back about it but you never got back to me so i just thought i'd post it here.
Keep up the great work!

I shall PM you in case I need more testers =p.

Hi, your opening post says that you need Pokemon of certain types urgently. I'm not sure if it's out of date or not, but if you do need any ideas.... well, just look at my signature.

I really like how the game is looking by the way, I look forward to playing. :)

Yeah, it's a bit out dated... We already have most of the design thought up, thx anyways ^^.

Well guys, I don't feel like making an update with screens and all right now but I will make a little report. Progress is going really fast, and the demo release is getting closer. Special events are being added through all the game to distract you and make gameplay more diverse. A new option can be found in the menu, it's for those who have a bad computer, there you can set the game quality to high or low, many more fakemon were added, systems were revised, new tiles and music were made ^^.
Well, thats quite a lot isn't it? Cya~

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2010
Just wondering, am I still a spriter for this game? My name has been removed from the front page. Either way, I love to test the game.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Looks great. I can't wait for a demo!
=]

Just wondering, am I still a spriter for this game? My name has been removed from the front page. Either way, I love to test the game.
Well, I removed your name from there because it had been a lot of time since last time you was online.

Looks like a good game. I look forward to playing. Not meaning to rush the team.
Hehe, thx =].

2pphee1.png

UPDATE~

Well, this one is a REALLY special update for me, the reason for that is that this WILL be the last update of Uranium before the release of the demo! Yes, a demo, something that is really rare in the GD board. It has been months since the last one... (I guess it was morning dawn) and it's actually the first in years or ever that present an entirely new region with a new pokédex, with awesome custom music and systems!
As you can see, I'm f****** happy to announce that, I'll give you guys a date for it, it's really close. Now for theu pdate contents:

~New quality option in the options menu.
~New 3D sound system.

Yes, it isn't that big, but still pretty cool.

A NEW OPTION~

While some people were betatesting the game, every 4 people, 1 reported the presence of lag in the game. The cause was that their machine couldn't handle Uranium the way it was...
However, I managed to solve the problem doing two things, the first was editing many scripts, systems and events to optimize them, and the second was to add a new option in the menu, that is what I can actually show to you, where you can set the graphical quality you want to play.

2cdab2f.png

As you can see it's pretty simple to use this new feature, here is a list of what it changes:

-Removes the custom menu (octodiamond) and enable the default pokémon menu
-Removes all fogs (excluding caves =x) from the game, like clouds, trees etc
-Make "refreshing" less constant for pretty much all the systems.
-Removes the battle jukebox feature.

As you can see, the removal of these will help making your game rub faster. To prove that, I'll use the size of the save files:
Before adding that option, 2 hours of the gameplay occupied 110kb in the file (because of all the switches, variables etc), after the optimization (playing the game at hih quality actually), the size went to 60kb! (thats almost half of it!). I have no idea how large will be the file if played in low quality, maybe around 30 or 40kb maybe.

A TOUCH FROM HG/SS~

Well, when HG/SS was released I couldn't resist not playing it, so I downloaded the japanese rom... I was all happy walking around New Bark with my cyndaquil, but what really amazed me, was when I got to Cherrygrove. There I noticed that a different sound was playing when I got next to the sea, and it was actually the sound of waves hitting the beach!
I couldn't resist the idea of scripting that for Uranium... and I did it! Whenever you get close to the sea, you'll listen to a sound, the same goes for rivers, ponds, forest vegetation and the list goes on! I'm calling that system 3D sound as the volume varies depending on your distance to determined area. Here is a video of it:

Pretty cool isn't it xD?

Well, now to finish this update, I'll tell you the release date, which will be in a really special day, the day when Uranium commemorates it's first year of existence =D. The day is:

5th of October!!!

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Aww man! You snatched my idea of doing 3d sound! Well, you didn't know about it, and you don't know me, but I'm happy that someone else was thinking about it and finally made it.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Aww man! You snatched my idea of doing 3d sound! Well, you didn't know about it, and you don't know me, but I'm happy that someone else was thinking about it and finally made it.

Sry xD, it looks like I was faster. I won't give you the entire script for free, but if you need any help with it, pm me ;].

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Now I'm really glad that I came across this thread! To start following a thread, and have a demo announcement the very next day! I look forward to the fifth!

FlaafyFTW

Researcher of Orange Lore
Years
Ahh i LOVE the update, simple in the idea but really effective xD

I cant wait until the fifth to come along so i can play what is sure to be a great Demo ^^

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
YAY! Uranium's debut has come! It is history in the making, XD.
Anyway, I like the sounds. It does add a... quaint? vibe to it. Just curious, but how long is the Beta going to be? I figured I'd ask now to save someone else the trouble later.....

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Now I'm really glad that I came across this thread! To start following a thread, and have a demo announcement the very next day! I look forward to the fifth!
Hehe, yes, things like that doesn't happen very often here.

Ahh i LOVE the update, simple in the idea but really effective xD

I cant wait until the fifth to come along so i can play what is sure to be a great Demo ^^
I hope you all like it =x.

YAY! Uranium's debut has come! It is history in the making, XD.
Anyway, I like the sounds. It does add a... quaint? vibe to it. Just curious, but how long is the Beta going to be? I figured I'd ask now to save someone else the trouble later.....
Without stopping by to talk with everyone and training, the demo will last around 2 hours and a half... I guess thats a good amount of gameplay. Wow, history in the making o_o, well, I hope so =].

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
The update is awesome, JV.
Oh, i can map for you, i have the RMXP. Should i give you a map (made in advanced map) for proof?
I hope i didn't get fired... lulz.

(Ray)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Hey I really like your thread. the idea with having the 3d is pretty cool. Do you already no the specification a computer needs? I have quite an old computer therefore 'd like to know if you don't mind .

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The update is awesome, JV.
Oh, i can map for you, i have the RMXP. Should i give you a map (made in advanced map) for proof?
I hope i didn't get fired... lulz.

(Ray)
Well, I thought about your offer and I decided that no, I don't want you to map for me =/. Thats one thing I like doing myself, in my own style and technique... but I would be very grateful if you continue making o/ws for the game.

Hey I really like your thread. the idea with having the 3d is pretty cool. Do you already no the specification a computer needs? I have quite an old computer therefore 'd like to know if you don't mind .

I have no idea what are the specs for the game... I guess all you need is a bit of RAM, thats it. If you can run other rmxp games, I'm sure you can run Uranium at least in the low quality setting...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
It's awesome that someone's managed to add 3D Sound, I own both HG/SS for real (beat them already) and I thought it was such a cool feature.

It's not just for water either, depending on what you're walking on it always makes a different sound, ground, grass, rocky paths, wooden paths, etc. You can also hear some machinery too like windmills and engines and generators the closer you get to them. It'd be great if you could include all these though it's not really a big deal if not.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
It's awesome that someone's managed to add 3D Sound, I own both HG/SS for real (beat them already) and I thought it was such a cool feature.

It's not just for water either, depending on what you're walking on it always makes a different sound, ground, grass, rocky paths, wooden paths, etc. You can also hear some machinery too like windmills and engines and generators the closer you get to them. It'd be great if you could include all these though it's not really a big deal if not.

Very true, on New Bark Town you can hear the sound of those windmills. I remember the sound from the Power Plant too, cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back