• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Ah...Snap. I need to get Hanso going if he's gonna be part of this fight. Good thing poison is relatively easier to cure in this world than in real life.

By the way, does anyone know where Frostbite is, or at least who's posting as her?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Wymsical's SU (NPC)

Side: Silver Tribe
Name: Sade Frost
Title: Frostbite
Pokemon Species: Froslass
Appearance:

-Physical-

Frost has a few unique features, setting her apart from the rest of her kin. Her physical body itself is that of the average Froslass, standing-or floating- at 4 "03" in Imperial height, and weighing the surprisingly light 58.6lbs of any Snow Land Pokemon. However, it is very notable that the two icicles upon her head are significantly thicker and higher than those of a normal Froslass. To most other Pokemon, this is a deformity, but to Frost, it signifies her leadership. These icicles have earned the nickname 'The Devil's Horns'
While most Froslass have an oval hole surrounding their eyes, Frost's hole seems to be cut slightly at the top, making it seem as if she's angry. While it does not give the illusion most of the time, when Frost is angry, the look can be rather intimidating. Another thing unique to Frost is her short ribbon, located around her 'torso', which is really just a hollow shell. While most Froslass have a big ribbon, Frost's is rather short. Shorter than it should be. It is also yellow. One thing she hates is you pulling at her ribbon, she will freeze you if you do. The ribbon is an extremely sensitive part of a Froslass's body, despite the fact that it looks artificial, it is just as important-and valuable-as a Spoink's pearl.

Personality:

-Positive Traits-

While there is not too much to say that is good about this person, it is notable that she is merciful. When she bests someone in combat, she will offer them a choice: Die or work for her. Although most would say mercy makes you look weak, Frost doesn't care what other people think. She is not very worrisome, thinking she can handle whoever she meets, and is not afraid of some uprising either. Her army of Ancients and Silver Tribe members is too great for that.

-Negative Traits-

Frost's main negative traits is that she has too many negative traits. Frost is vain, overconfident, and cruel by nature. She loves seeing others' pains, especially if that pain came from her own hand. Torture could be seen as Frost's favorite hobby. It may have been mentioned that Frost offered her captives a job as her slave, but not before torturing them to say yes. In fact, her cruel, sadistic heart is what compelled everyone to call her by her last name only: 'Frost'.
Frost is very skilled in combat, she uses her arsenal of moves, combined with her Snow Cloak ability and elegant fighting manner to confuse opponents. She uses the art of deception to win her battles, sometimes driving her opponent insane with lies. Then, when they are most weak, she will strike a devastating blow. Often killing her opponent in one blow depending on how powerful they are.

People sometimes dare to call her the cowardly sentinel, or the lying wretch. This is when she gets annoyed. People stopped calling her that mainly because her temper tantrums involve killing them all, or worse. Her cruel, sadistic punishments made her feared in the eyes of enemies and underlings alike. She commands one eighth of The Ancients, and one eighth of the Silver Tribe. Her armies are mainly used to seek and destroy enemies, and are mainly composed of spies and double-agents.

-Likes-

Frost loves others' pain. Whether it is a close friend or an enemy in pain, she will laugh and stand by. It's almost like she feeds off of pain. She tortures anybody who stands in her way, only further filling her hollow stomach.

Frost is known for the choice she gives to her enemies after torturing them in her very own torturehouse. 'Die or serve me' she will say. Only those with the greatest pride would refuse, and be killed. In truth, Frost longs for someone who would say no to her, they are only more fun to kill. First, she would play with them, lie to them, get them to beg her to be killed. Then, she would leave them to rot in prison, until either they kill themselves, or Frost finally gets around to it. The torturehouse prison is arguably the worst place in Silver City. It smells or rotting Pokemon-whatever that Pokemon may be made out of-and worst of all, the cells are about as large as a broom cupboard. The only air let in there is the musty smell of Rattata droppings and corpse, new screams are heard every day from the torturehouse mainroom where Frost can be found torturing someone else yet again. The prison is mainly a long hallway, with about 107 little cells. Each day another prisoner dies, and is left in there until the monthly 'Cleaning day' when rotting Pokemon are thrown out and surviving Pokemon are killed.

Frost loves another thing-herself. As mentioned before, Frost is a very vain Pokemon. She believes herself to be the greatest of the sentinels. Although she never expresses this aloud. Her icicles are a sign of experience and power, and her short yellow ribbon is a sign of her elegance and beauty.

-Dislikes-

Frost dislikes others towering above her. Whether they really are or not, she will eliminate anybody who opposes her. Her superiority it unmatched, except by the other sentinels. She has great respect for the other sentinels, but still considers them her underlings. The only one she sees above her is Auron, their leader. She willfully grants any of his wishes. Aside from Auron, practically everyone is her underling. Though she is silent and does not express these opinions out loud.

History:

-Before The Silver Tribe-

Surprisingly, Frost was born a kind, gentle Snorunt. She was loved by all around her, and her Glalie parents were proud of her. From birth she had exceptional fighting potential, and grew up with everything she could ever want. At the age of ten, she enrolled in the Gold Tribe Academy, an Academy formed over a hundred years ago for a future generation of Gold Tribe members. She was a great pupil in many subjects, while she had competition from others, she graduated quite early and successfully. Leading to her beginning days in the Gold Tribe. Unlike the Academy, real Gold Tribe work was rigorous, they acted as a higher rank of police most of the time, taking on things that the police couldn't. After a few years, it was impossible to get further in rank in the Gold Tribe without evolving. But Frost didn't want to be a Glalie, instead, she wanted to be a Froslass. You see, Frost had always been an elegant battling type, she did not wish to follow the brutish ways of the Glalie, Froslass was the form meant for her. However, various Gold Tribe members encouraged her to become a Glalie for one reason or another. This very much annoyed the 27 year old Snorunt.

Finally, on her 30th Birthday, someone, their name and face forgotten to Frost, offered her a Dawn Stone. That was when everything changed. Upon having the Dawn Stone laid next to her, she transformed into a gleaming Froslass, but this new form was not gleaming at all. Over the next few years, Frost started to become more and more mean. She ignored all those around her, only focusing on power, and getting higher in rank. She started to feel hate toward other Gold Tribe members, for one reason or another.
Finally, the day came when she got high enough in rank to serve by Auron. Despite being greatly honored, the Froslass thought nothing of it. What she really wished was to get near to Rey, the leader of the Gold Tribe. By now, all sorts of disgusting, fiendish thoughts had started going through her mind.

The quest with Auron and the rest of the Gold Tribe members was harsh, they had to endure extremely hot temperatures in deserts, which took a horrible toll on an Ice-Type Pokemon like Frost. Then, they stumbled across what would change everything for everyone...

-The Ancients and the Silver Tribe-

Frost and company returned completely changed. Frost was made even more evil than before, it was not long before she and the others started invading cities. Frost led the invasion of Gravel City, Shine City, Eternity City, and, along with the other Sentinels, even took part in the great invasion of Cape City. Finally, when Gold City was theirs, Auron, Frost and the other Sentinels started the Silver Tribe, the conducted horrible experiments on Gold Tribe members to brainwash them and turn them to Silver Tribe underlings. They demolished the school of which Frost had formerly been a student at- The Gold Tribe Academy. The rest of the story is well etched into history.

Soon after a stable rule had been established on the Alpha Alliance, Frost had her underlings build her a Torturehouse. The torturehouse is a well-known landmark in Silver City, screams can be heard from it day after day. No houses are built miles around it because of the horrible smell coming from it. It can be smelled miles away, the smell of death. Only those most willing work there, most are Silver Tribe members who have done something to be punished.

Moveset: Hail, Blizzard, Confuse Ray, Ominous Wind, Ice Beam, Protect

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Now that I have time I want to post but can't think of anything. Mainly because I made Kivir get badly wounded to the point it would be silly (in my mind) to have him up and fighting again so soon. Put myself into a corner it seems. *rolls eyes* Guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
It's a strange point in the fact that very few people can follow up a post after my most recent one (Greiger's still preparing, miltankRancher just posted, Garet's still out of it, Stingray's not there...lol) So I'm really only waiting for Aura Rift or fortworth96 to get a post in before I move things along. However, if none of them post in the next few days, I may consider making a follow-up post. I'd like everyone to get a crack at the Sentinels, though, and that includes the three who are/were out of commission.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
I apparently have a fetish for Play as Pokemon RPs lately. IIRC there's still a spot open for the Gold Tribe, right? I'll reserve it. (:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Saturated Hue, you are reserved.

All spots for the Gold Tribe are now taken or reserved.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh, I couldn't agree more MR! Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that so many Gold Tribe members have emerged in the battle against the Sentinels? I guess the Silver Tribe sucks at genocide *shrugs*.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, just a little heads up that this following week will be pretty hectic for me because all of my professors got together and decided to make my exams this week. I will try to sneak on once or twice when I can, but most likely, I will not be on very much. I'll try to get a post in before the week starts, however.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Side: Gold Tribe

Name:
Olivia Trace

Title: Dryad

Pokemon Species: Lilligant

Appearance:
549.gif

Olivia was born as a normal Petilil, and grew up to be a normal Lilligant. What, were you expecting something else?

Personality: Before anything else, Olivia is a member of the Gold Tribe. No matter how she seems to act on the exterior, she is a chivalrous, soulful firebrand at heart, and has a very strong sense of justice. She hates to see the weak being oppressed by the strong, and isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes in. She is nothing if not loyal to her nation, and is bent on defeating the Silver Tribe and restoring the Alpha Alliance to its previous, radiant glory.

That said though, Olivia, being eighteen, is also a ditzy airhead and a bit of a klutz. She tends to act on impulse rather than really thinking things through, and often jumps to misled conclusions. She's also not known for her intelligence, and prefers to skip any sort of planning and jump straight into action, which often earned her frowns and scoldings from her fellow brothers and sisters—all of which, to their chagrin, she promptly ignores.

Her battling style clearly shows that she's just a greenhorn—being eighteen, of course, this impression is accurate, in its own way. However, those who knows Olivia's raw power and strength should realize that the young Lilligant is not to be underestimated. While she strikes into battle without a semblance of a plan, this often works out very well for her because she's an apparent master at improvising in the heat of battle. As a result, her battling style becomes the definition of unorthodox, catching her opponents off guard (which is also supplemented by Olivia's unprofessional behavior, for lack of a better word) and making it easier for Olivia to power through them.

History:
-Early Life-

Olivia was born to what most people would call an ideal family. Her mother, a Lilligant, was a normal housewife who took care of the family's five children, cooked, cleaned, swept the floors, and did everything a good mother should have done. Her father, a Tangrowth, was a member of the Gold Tribe, who, despite doing his job properly as is required of all Gold Tribe members, still found plenty of time to spend with his family. Olivia was the baby of this happy, seemingly perfect family, with three older brothers and one older sister.

Perhaps it had something to do with genetics or perhaps it ran in the blood, but all five children, from an early age, had shown similar interests in the ways of battle. The little Tangela and Petilil were a rowdy, active bunch who demanded nothing more than for food to be served on the table and for battling lessons to be given to them. They often sparred with each other in their spare time, though they were as sportive as anyone could ever be, always having a good laugh after the practice and praising each other on their marvelous techniques.

Once they came of age, one by one the children was sent to train to join the Gold Tribe. As the number of children decreased, so did the amount of fun that poor, young Olivia had with her sparring sessions. Eventually, Ethan, the fourth sibling, left to train and Olivia had no one to train or play with. She would often go to their backyard and gaze at the endless blue sky, wondering when she, too, would be able to train to join the Gold Tribe. The eldest sibling, Catherine, who just graduated out of the Gold Tribe Academy and was an official member of the Gold Tribe, was saddened by the state Olivia was in. She decided that she would take a couple of years off service from the Gold Tribe to train young Olivia herself.

Catherine (titled Nymph) was a nice Lilligant—there was no denying that. However, she put Olivia under trainings harsh enough to make any upstart member of the Gold Tribe tremble in fear. Olivia, however, survived through this training passably, and before long she had more expertise and knowledge in the ways of the Gold Tribe than any of her brothers. When the time came for her to sign up for the Gold Tribe Academy, she excelled in every subject they taught—that is, every subject but Battle Planning, which she never took any semblance of an interest in. She passed the final exams with flying colors and graduated before any of her brothers did. As a gift for her graduation, Catherine and her three brothers pitched in every single penny they could spare to buy Olivia a Leaf Stone, which she used on herself to evolve into a Lilligant almost directly before her graduation picture was taken.

-Gold Tribe-

Olivia was a fairly normal Gold Tribe member. As previously stated, her impulsive acts and constant rushing into battles earned her frowns and scoldings from her fellow Gold Tribe members, but she would not change her ways. Catherine decided to form a duo with her reckless little sister to make sure she stayed out of trouble—this turned out to be an excellent move for both of them, for Olivia now had a voice of reason to back up her natural strength, and the years of training they spent together prior to their membership of the Gold Tribe allowed them to synergize extremely well with each other.

This duet of sisters became famous throughout the Gold Tribe's ranks due to their expertise in the battlefield. They cleared more missions than most of the other Gold Tribe members, and they cleared them with flying colors. They earned much respect from their fellow Gold Tribe members, and their career was at the height of its success.

Then, the invasion came.

-Invasion-

Auron's arrival with the Ancients was nothing short of the biggest surprise in Olivia's entire life. Olivia and Catherine fought valiantly as did the rest of the Gold Tribe. However, it was a futile attempt—the sheer number of these Ancients left even the Lilligant duo who were trained in moves super-effective against them in a state of long coma. That was all Olivia remembered of the invasion before waking up in Eternity City.

-Post-Invasion-

Olivia gained consciousness on a bed in a small, tattered house. Next to her was her sister, Catherine. She got up from the bed, still feeling a little hazy, and stumbled out of the bedroom door to find another Gold Tribe member. He explained the situation to Olivia—the Gold Tribe had been defeated. Gold City was lost, along with several other important cities in the Alpha Alliance. She and Catherine entered a state of long coma, and the rest of their family was missing.

Olivia refused to believe it at first. There was no way. The Gold Tribe, the protectors of Alpha Alliance, the defenders of peace—lost? Impossible.

However, it wasn't long before reality sunk in. Olivia did her share of crying, but she realized that that wasn't going to get her anywhere. She is Olivia Trace, a Gold Tribe member. There's a Silver Tribe to defeat, an Alpha Alliance to take back. There's a responsibility that the Gold Tribe has to bear, and she's ready to carry her share of it.

Moveset: Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Hyper Beam, Sleep Powder, Dream Eater, Hidden Power (Fire)

Last edited:

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
um hello all im new to this and um iam very confused ? about can anyone clear it out for me?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Sorry for not posting, guys. Some family issues have come up over the past week so things have been pretty hectic. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to post for the next few days either as I am visiting a friend I only get to see maybe once a year. I'll post the first chance I get though.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@fortworth96 No problem, I'm pretty busy next few days myself. Thanks for letting me know.

@Nemisis I've sent you a VM directing you to the new people thread. Good luck, see you around.

@Saturated Hue Your character is Accepted.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Greiger I hope I didn't go too far in ruining your plan. If my post was a little too much of an ***hole move let me know and I'll modify it.

Also... Kivir has the ability Poison Heal... that is why he is able to go into the poison and survive without a problem. I had planned on him having it all along but never mentioned it until now.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh, not at all. Penance is only 17 and still new to battling so he tends to rush into things. He doesn't have the experience Kivir has so it'll be good for Penance to actually start getting advice from the other Gold Tribe members.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, this weekend is a mess for me. I've got exam after exam, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post. I'll try to find some time tomorrow. But I'll definitely get one up the latest on Saturday.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
God, I feel so bad for not roleplaying at all recently. My laptop decided to die on my, its screen exploding into a bunch of fuzzy white lines. And it took me a little while to get my replacement set up properly and sync it up to my wifi and all. But here I am!

So, what did I miss?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Don't worry about it Silver Rogue. Thanks for the update.

Well, we just got a new RPer (Saturated Hue) for the Gold Tribe. Atm, Noxious is battling the Gold Tribe, while Ignitus is in the middle of battling Rey, Calamity, and now TrueStriker as well, I believe.

Finally done with my exams this week, so I'll be a bit more active for the time being, until the next set of exams comes around, which hopefully is a while away...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, Kivir did say to use tactics in battle. Penance still doesn't have the whole 'strategy' concept down yet but as you can see he's still working on it!

Yeah, I can understand exams SV and congrats on getting done. Now you can spend all your time doing the more important things in life, like roleplaying!

Back