• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Eclipse

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
Well, I was making a DBZ game, everything was going good, but ran into a little graphic trouble, but will still be working on here and there.

But to fill in that I'm not messing with it and not busy with other things, I have decided to make my own Pokemon game after I played Fire Red.

Right now, I have more than half of the Fire Red regions mapped out, just needing a little help with some stuff....

1. I'm looking for a Saffron and Cinnibar chipsets. Not to acutally use, but to see how some stuff was put in/used. I'm getting stuck on doing/adding some stuff with them.

2. The chipset(s) for the water routes.

3. Where can I find maps ripped from Gold/Silver so that I don't have to go through and do it. IF, I have to rip myself, could someone give me a save file where I got fly and can go EVERYWHERE in the game?

4. I've seen the Island things for XP but nothing for RM2k3.

5. Also where could i find FAQs or some kinda Info on doing the Battle System, Apperance(ex. ?????-10% ?????-50% ?????40%)Menu System/Computer storage and whatnot.

Well, I haven't really thought of a name for this until now, so was also wondering if something like Eclipse has been taking, and I might throw something into the story about an eclipse happening or something like that.

The basics that I have come up with is using the Fire Red(Kanto right?) area maps and also the Johto region from Gold/Silver. Gonna remake the maps with what I got, just need help with number 3. above. After those two areas, I have decided to add two new areas located above Kanto and Johto. They will be accessible by two ways, one on each map, just a matter of when in the story. I haven't played Ruby/Sapphire so don't know where that map/area is from but if my new maps and that would conflict with each other plz tell me. No names right now, but if someone or some people could help with name ideas for REGION, and TOWNS/CITIES, and anyother things I might need it would help out alot and will credit give to those that their names are used.

I am also debating wether or not to do the same pokemon order as in the games that you get,(only first 150 in Kanto, etc..) or just combine all the pokemon with all maps. How I will do it not fully sure, but would appreciate any help/ideas if you have any.

I think thats all but if not i'll come back with more, and if you have questions, plz ask.

Screens right now will only be of the plain maps, no events or people. But if you'd like to see than let me know. I might even be able to upload the map I have made, with all 4 places.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Good game, but, where's the story / plot ?
It's Ok if there are no events or something on maps (for me). Show them if you like.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
game

OK

MyMap.png

I still gotta mess with the Johto part some, cause the silver/gold map wasn't that great, so wanna go thorugh and see what thy have in the routes/cities with land and water and finish map than.

Well for the story and stuff, i'm not fully sure just yet. Don't know if I wanna just do the same story/events with the first two than do my own for the next or just do completly new.

I don't know, just came to me now, maybe something like new kid moved to pallet town after pallet town has expanded a little. I don't know, I haven't put much thought into a story just yet, wanna get my graphics done right now.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, Krazy's an expert on the battle sys; so you could go ask him. Good luck on your game BTW.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
Thanks, any other help though?

Checked the new and old resources threads and on the old one the attachments didn'y want to work on the first page.

Years
I'm fairly sure you can get the chipsets from RM2k3kid's site, which can be found in the new resource thread.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
I'lll take a look at his site, thanks.

The site, was it in a post or in his sig, cause the ones in his sig i'm not finding resources.

Any comments about my Map??

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
Ya, I hope it doesn't take FOREVER to make either.

All I need right now is to figure out a main story. Still will take any ideas etc...
Also had the idea of having an Ecplise and makes something happen or whatever.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Holy!!! That map looks humongous! Fortunately though, if you're replicating Johto, Kanto, the mapping shouldn't take too long. It's the events that are gonna kill ya though.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
Ya, the mapping shouldn't take long at all.

With the events, thats why I was kinda thinking just doing the same story, or atleast the same stuff happens(getting items, getting to different places, talking to people) and everything but like beginning and overall story is different.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2009
Idea for story.......just came to me from no where.......lol

Ok, you are starting out in Pallet Town, which has just expanded with some more houses. You go and meet Oak and he tells you about how Ash, a long time ago came to him and got a Pokemon and got all the badges, beat elite four etc... He tells you that he has some extra pokemon from his research left(which ones don't know yet, what would you like?) and that he has heard of a new area located North of Kanto, that he hasn't been able to reaserach, and will be accessible from route 24, West of Bill's house. Right now they are working on making a new path to (Name) but won't be complete for awhile. So, for right now he wants you to go through Kanto and get all the gym badges to train so that you will be ready and that he will know that you will be ready. All the same pokemon will be located in Kanto, but Oak tells you that some other pokemon (from Gold/Silver, and Ruby/Sapphire) have been relocated into Kanto from the Johto and Hoenn?? regions.

Still gotta figure out which ones will be where or something......for new area, kanto, etc..., needed lists of where pokemon found and % found in areas in Kanto, Johto adnd Hoenn.

Idea of a two new guys from team rocket that are like Jesse and James, just not exactly same, as in brains, but are always trying to stop you in every city/town. Like instead or always running into Gary, you run into these two.

I hope this makes since, welcome to any ideas and suggestions. Would like to throw something extra into the story and stuff, but not quite sure, but if anyone could provide ideas it would help. I will be thinking more about this and trying to make more specific and whatnot.

Well here's my Pallet Town "Expanded" map, I just took screen of whole thing in RM2k3, so hope you can see it good enough. I'll try to get more screens up when I can. Just don't want to put up alot of stuff thats almost exact same as in the game....

NewPallet.png

Oh, and your house is prob gonna be the one in the far left, I'll prob put a moving truck or something, I'm not sure if I want to make, he's just moving in or that he has been there for awhile and just got done unpacking. Which you think be better?

Here's a temp New Bark for now, not sure if I want to use all the same buildings from FR or just try editing some of the ones in Johto to look like FR style. But for now, i'm gonna use FR buildings to atleast get all the maps started and done until I fully decide.

NewBarkTown.png

Last edited:
Back