• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, might as well note that I've resumed playing this hack (in spurts) again today. I want to finish the main walkthrough and get a Pokémon searching guide up, and maybe at some point, while bug-squashing, start working on some bonus areas if I can find good ways to do it. :)

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
How do you get gligar or gliscor?
Gligar is normally Pokémon #207 in the National Dex. Due to imports from 4th and 5th Gen. in this hack, some had to be removed.

Pokémon #207 in the Zhery and Lauren regions is Froslass. Which, in the current version, is not catchable. I've incorporated a catch spot for it on a future update.

Naturally, this means Gliscor is also absent.

I've actually just started working on an index of Pokémon catch locations, coincidentally. Once I finish Zhery myself, I will jump ahead into Lauren using AdvanceMap and see if I can find other locations. I want to be careful to avoid listing areas that are in the hack but not visitable in-game.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Two are found in the desert while the Prof has the last one
I think the answer was directed at the alpha tablet in Steam HQ.
Yeah, let's space it out. There are three tablet pieces.
- One is destroyed (but later revealed not destroyed, hmmph) in Central City.
- The second is acquired by Juniper riding a Flygon.
- The third is your job, at Steam HQ, after getting badge #7. Interestingly, Snowce City the first time you can continue beyond the city without the badge a fair way, in fact all the way to Drakebreath if you want to unlock the Fly option, but Steam HQ is blocked until you get the seventh badge. Found that out hacking my way backwards from Serenity City, and the Route 416 rival script doesn't even trigger at the entrance right away (probably have to trigger the one in Route 414 first, I'm working on that discovery).

Wesley has created page for these kind of questions.
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokedex.html
This has the list of Pokemon. 5th generation ones are in Japanese (which is better :P)
I'm doing one better. I'm working out a list, like in many official walkthroughs, of how to acquire every single one. It'll be part of a full walkthrough sooner or later. Gligar and Gliscor, however, I can confirm from this work are not available.

As for 5th Gen., in Japanese, this is NOT better. The current patch has English names. It should include those on the list. Therefore, mine will include English names.

Cyclone

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Haven't been here for a while.

A note about the Venipede thing from a few pages back, I fixed all the other experience problems, but left Venipede as very high experience because it was memorable from my playthrough and there's nothing wrong with bugs that help you out. It was a bug originally, but now it's intentional. Think of it as an easter egg. :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Hi guys. Great game. I need some help. I just got my free Rotom in Lendyn Town. However, I've already used my Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball TMs. Does anyone know if you can get them again?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm not able to answer that question yet, but once I have an answer, it'll be noted in my playthrough where the TMs are all located and if extras can be found. Currently working in tandem on the actual walkthrough (currently traveling to Mt. Icestorm, just did the Serenity Gym) and on the Pokémon list (importing as I do the walkthrough, imported through Route 413 and includes Route 417 ATM).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2013
I really love this game. Only thing bad about it is no Brandon or May from Ruby game. But besides this this is better than any pokemon hack, or game made by Nintendo.

Years
I really love this game. Only thing bad about it is no Brandon or May from Ruby game. But besides this this is better than any pokemon hack, or game made by Nintendo.
Got to agree but it is OK as many other Rivals have taken place which makes this hack quite a cool one

Haven't been here for a while.

A note about the Venipede thing from a few pages back, I fixed all the other experience problems, but left Venipede as very high experience because it was memorable from my playthrough and there's nothing wrong with bugs that help you out. It was a bug originally, but now it's intentional. Think of it as an easter egg. :P
Making it a handy poke to get experience while training for the league along with Lucky Egg

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi guys. Great game. I need some help. I just got my free Rotom in Lendyn Town. However, I've already used my Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball TMs. Does anyone know if you can get them again?
I don't think you can get the TMs again... maybe you can get two of TMs that are given as a gift but no other...
I don't really remember where but I think there's a TM shop somewhere.
It doesn't sell every TM, though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Why is leveling up so fast in this game? :O
And is there anything like a battle frontier or something to do when you beat both regions?

Also, how to pokemon whcih usually evolve by trade evolve in this game?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I actually ended up with two TM23 (Iron Tail) when it somehow reappeared after I first picked it up on Route 408.

I do think a shop in Lauren selling extras of some of the TMs would be worthwhile.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
So far I love this game :)
I only don't like the fact that you are leveling up waaay too fast. I had a charmander before I got to Oak in the first town(and only by fighting trainers).

So,

Can you go on the world championship multiple times?
And how do trade pokemon evolve in this game?

Also, I would like to thank the creator of this game :)
It is amazing :)
I don't have a DS so I never got to try the 4th generation and this is as close as I get and it is great :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm kinda new in all the forum stuff, sorry if this is not where I should ask this.
Me and a friend would like to make a nice hack ourselves. We've got ideas for a storyline, a good plot, and a lot of fantasy left to spend. We are willing to put a lot of time and effort in it.
Can anyone help me out? As in, wich programs do I use? Are these free programs, or do I have to pay?

If the makers of this hack, or anyone else sees this, and think they might help us with wich programs to use, or to show us the basics, please contact me. :)

Grtz: Bearman2011

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'm kinda new in all the forum stuff, sorry if this is not where I should ask this.
Me and a friend would like to make a nice hack ourselves. We've got ideas for a storyline, a good plot, and a lot of fantasy left to spend. We are willing to put a lot of time and effort in it.
Can anyone help me out? As in, wich programs do I use? Are these free programs, or do I have to pay?

If the makers of this hack, or anyone else sees this, and think they might help us with wich programs to use, or to show us the basics, please contact me. :)

There are a lot of RPG makers out there and most of them have really good tutorials for making pokemon games. You should check them out.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Why is leveling up so fast in this game? :O
And is there anything like a battle frontier or something to do when you beat both regions?

Also, how to pokemon whcih usually evolve by trade evolve in this game?
By trading. They are programmed as trades in the game. For instance, a Scyther you can acquire early on is holding a Metal Coat, and boom, it evolved to Scizor when you receive it.

The only one you can't evolve is Froslass, due to an oversight. I'm working on a patch where it appears. Note I haven't seen it as programmed yet, so it IS very rare even when it's out.

Hey everyone,

Might be best to ask those questions over here. I will provide one answer in that AdvanceMap (which is located in the Toolbox subforum where I linked above) is the main map editing and tile editing tool, so I advise getting that at a minimum. Other programs will be needed for scripting and such, so again, head to the forum linked above and ask there. :)

Cyclone

Back