• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Have you guys seen this commercial?

It's an atrocity! I made sure to dislike it and report it for hateful speech. ;--;

Welp. If I wasn't ashamed to be a Christian already, this video sure is enough to do so now. -__-

A school shouldn't support a religion at all. A school's purpose is to educate, not indoctrinate. Religious guidance is up to a child's parents and their church, it has no place in a school whatsoever. As -ty- said, if you're so hell-bent on your child receiving religious guidance at school, then they have special religious schools that operate privately.

That is EXACTLY how I feel. If a student wants to pray or something, there are no rules telling them not to, so there is no need for there to be any special allowances for religion. School is there to teach Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic, (and obviously much, much more. xD) so there is no need to have a school "assign" a religion to itself.

And those parodies are funny. xDDD

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-

Are you referring to the Perry ad? He said that kids can't pray in school and that kids can't openly celebrate Christmas; Neither one of these statements is valid.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Apparently, that Rick Perry ad, percentage-wise, is now the most disliked video on all of YouTube. What an achievement, Rick Perry. Yay! *clapclapclapclap* (yes, that's sarcasm)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Are you referring to the Perry ad? He said that kids can't pray in school and that kids can't openly celebrate Christmas; Neither one of these statements is valid.

Exactly this. Schools just can't force anyone to pray or celebrate Christmas. Individuals are allowed to do anything religious they want to in school as long as it's in compliance with school rules.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Saying "Happy Christmas" is hardly religious indoctrination. -__-
I don't think that's really what [whoever said that] was referring to, but yeah I agree that we should encourage the open celebration of all holidays. I think if there's a group of people who is determined to set up a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the town square (or you know wherever one puts a tree), they should be allowed to. Then, if someone wants to construct a humongous dreidel and put that right next to the tree, that's okay too.
I just wish people weren't so against mixing cultures. It makes for such interesting and beautiful things.

EDIT: Derp, this is not what I call on-topic.

Random thing: Those videos are awesome. I especially like Rick Perry's coming out video. So proud. <3

Random thing2: Love the new name! :D

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
lmao, I just read that the music in the Perry ad was composed by Aaron Copland; some of you may know that Aaron Copland was openly gay. I love the irony. Gay people better stop getting married and fighting wars so that they can compose my campaign music!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
lmao, I just read that the music in the Perry ad was composed by Aaron Copland; some of you may know that Aaron Copland was openly gay. I love the irony. Gay people better stop getting married and fighting wars so that they can compose my campaign music!

I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean it like that and just had poor choice of words. I think the message he's trying to get across is hypocrisy of liberals banning one freedom while expanding another.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean it like that and just had poor choice of words. I think the message he's trying get across is hypocrisy of liberals banning one freedom while expanding another.

But what specific religious activities are being banned?

And why is it always "the liberals" or "the left", there is hypocrisy in all areas of political ideologies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I'm thinking maybe he didn't mean it like that and just had poor choice of words. I think the message he's trying get across is hypocrisy of liberals banning one freedom while expanding another.
In that case, why would he mention specifically that, of all things?

And why is it always "the liberals" or "the left", there is hypocrisy in all areas of political ideologies.
This.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
But what specific religious activities are being banned?

That's who he's attacking. He's right that children are discouraged from discussing Jesus and Christmas in schools.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
In that case, why would he mention specifically that, of all things?

That's kinda what I thought. If he isn't trying to speak out against gays in the military, than he really should have thought before he made the video. :\

Also, I know we already posted a few parodies, but I found this one to be BRILLIANT. xD

Jesus Responds to Rick Perry

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
That whole thing is ridiculous. Judge Walker heard both sides of the case and made an informed decision and gave incredibly detailed reasoning behind his ruling. That reason was basically that the case against gay marriage was paper-thin while the case for gay marriage had several expert and lay witnesses who actually delivered their case strongly. I read a leaked court transcript to that effect shortly after the decision was first made.

The attorneys for Prop 8 just can't accept the fact that they messed up and couldn't find any legitimate constitutional reasons why gay people shouldn't be able to get married.

It is in the job description of a judge that he or she be completely impartial. If he had felt he was unable to do so, he would have recused himself. As it happens, he did not. Hypocritically, the only way the Judge could have proven to the Prop 8 attorneys that he was indeed impartial would be to rule in their favour.

Back