• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I make jokes about it all the time, but usually not at my own expense, as most people don't know my sexuality.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
You know I love the club name. Makes me think of the song Kermit sings. :) Awesome song btw

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Lol?
Someone actually argued that you could marry a toaster if two people of the same gender could get married? That's . . . interesting.

Lol leaps like this one are only too common in arguing against LGBT rights. :/ It's really a completely different concept. So one person can't marry another certain person? We'll grant him that right--done. We don't need to grant him the right to marry a dead unicorn at the same time. It's just too far out there to be valid.
I also see the classic argument against trans people transitioning: what would you say if someone thought he was a Psyduck stuck in a man's body?

Oh, so I'm assuming that you're going to say that my marriage to my toilet bowl is too far out there? >:T Toilets have feelings too!
. . . xD

Also, welcome to AshleyKetchum and Kayges!

I don't really make jokes about sexuality. I mean, sometimes, but I don't really talk all that much with other people in real life, lol. Plus, I'm technically still "in the closet" even if some people have their suspicions, lol.

Did I ever say anything on the PDA topic? . . . Don't think so, lol. Here it goes:

I tend to ignore public displays of affection, as they are a part of everyday life and I honestly don't care. Although, if I saw a gay/lesbian/whatever couple, I'd likely take notice, because a) I never really see them, lol, and b) it's like "Oh hai, I'm not the only one in the world! :O"
And, like Shining Raichu said, as long as genitals don't become visible, lol.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I love making jokes about sexuality / gender identity at my own expense. It's so hilarious to me.
For instance, whenever someone uses the word "straight", I immediately say "unlike me". xD It never gets old . . . I mean it never gets old for me. :P

Public displays of affection don't bother me at all either especially if it's two women. I just know they bother a lot of people, so~ xD
I'm trans I date anyone. I really don't care about gender but more about if we share the same interests. I also plan to do an abridged series but want to take my time with scripts so there good and not bad like a lot of the ones stealing from LK or TFS. I'm also into Never Shout Never kind of music. :) Should be a fun group.
Oh it's always nice to have more trans people here. Welcome! ^_^

And welcome to Kayges! :D

Oh, so I'm assuming that you're going to say that my marriage to my toilet bowl is too far out there? >:T Toilets have feelings too!
Your marriage is blasphemy because I say so. n3n

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I make jokes about it all the time, but usually not at my own expense, as most people don't know my sexuality.

If you're just making jokes about homosexuality but nobody knows you're gay (or was it bi? I forgot... there are so many people and sometimes I get certain details of you and Pikapal mixed up haha), doesn't that just mean you're making homophobic jokes? :P

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Nope, you're not! We actually seem to be quite abundant here. ^_^

I'm trans too by the way, which you've probably already guessed. xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Your marriage is blasphemy because I say so. n3n

I'm now going to lead a toilet bowl rebellion. Have fun using the bathroom. >:3

Nope, you're not! We actually seem to be quite abundant here. ^_^

I'm trans too by the way, which you've probably already guessed. xD

Which leaves me wondering . . . as your profile says female, are you really a guy, or are you really female but you want to be a guy? I'm assuming it's the first one.
. . . Not to be offensive or anything, just curious, lol. (Random note: BTW, I grew out of My Little Pony probably around 5 years old. Yes, that comment was meant to be offensive, though in a joking manner xD)

If you're just making jokes about homosexuality but nobody knows you're gay (or was it bi? I forgot... there are so many people and sometimes I get certain details of you and Pikapal mixed up haha), doesn't that just mean you're making homophobic jokes? :P

Hm . . . when it's put that way, I guess that would be how it seems. Interesting . . .
. . . Now, tell me the meaning of life. You know you want to.

/this posted contributed nothing to the topic, did it?
xD Well, I don't really know how to expand upon the 'answers' I gave a few posts back, lol.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Which leaves me wondering . . . as your profile says female, are you really a guy, or are you really female but you want to be a guy? I'm assuming it's the first one.
. . . Not to be offensive or anything, just curious, lol.
Niether. I'm really female and I don't want to be a guy. =P

And I got into My Little Pony when I was 24. :P

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Oh I'm not the only trans person here? Cool :)
Not at all! n3n As for regulars we have Alakazam, Scarf, and me. It's a just fine proportion. ^_^

I'm now going to lead a toilet bowl rebellion. Have fun using the bathroom. >:3
Psyduck can do the job fine.

. . . Not to be offensive or anything, just curious, lol.
Just fyi, I have to make some trans-related points to clear up. Nothing wrong with you not knowing these beforehand. ^_^ In fact it'd be great for anyone else to read this because I know it's not a much understood subject.

-It's touchy to refer to a trans person as "this gender but wants to be this gender." If a trans person identifies as female, she generally doesn't think of herself as a guy.
-If you absolutely must refer to a trans person as specifically trans, you may say "trans woman" for those who identify as female or "trans man" for those who identify as male.
-This doesn't mean all trans people are uncomfortable with being trans, it's just having certain "parts" or having been raised a certain way ≠ being a man/woman, in the case of trans people. Just so you know I'm not ashamed of anything and I'm perfectly willing to discuss any subject. :)
-If I'm not mistaken, Scarf, Ashley Ketchum and Alakazam all identify as female, and so do I.

tl;dr: Trans people don't want to be called by their "previous genders" so to speak.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm bi. lol

Yeah, I guess kind of. If anyone actually complains I always have the "but I am one" card to use... but it's really just to deal with actual homophobes more easily. lol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I don't really flaunt my sexuality or anything, but I do like to enjoy it now that I'm out of the closet. So, I'm not going to storm into a room and announce to the world that I like men and that they outta respect that or I'll slap them though they should and I will, but sometimes it is fun to just act a little more camp than I would naturally, especially when the situation calls for it. Like Andy, I'm usually the first to make myself the butt (haha) of the joke; it's part of who I am. But just like Andy, I learned to cut that down when other gay guys kinda... shook their head at me.

Honestly, I think once you become comfortable with it, it becomes something you're pretty proud of. You just gotta realize, like anything else, ya gotta keep your pride in check. Nobody wants that shoved in their face. Keep cool, baby.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
oooh cool. Glad to not be alone.
There's more of us around than you'd think. We just lurk in the shadows. <insert ninja emote here>

Also, to the above topic going on, I don't really flaunt my sexuality, but it's probably horribly obvious unless someone is very sheltered, or clueless.

I suppose I can't use 'sexuality' though, more like I don't flaunt that I'm trans. But it become pretty obvious by itself, because you've got someone who's physically female dressing and acting male. I either come off as trans, or maybe a lesbian. XD

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hey, I want to include some more transgender topics up for discussion; I think I mentioned one before. So I am sorry for not including you guys more. :)

Anyway, I saw a preview for the Anderson Cooper show coming up tomorrow (I think?) that features transgender children. Some of the children were in their teens, and others were very young, appearing to be around first grade. So the question is...

At what age should a child be able to decide whether to have hormone-replacement therapy, sex change operations, and plastic surgery? (The ages may be different to the different components)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Wow, that's a good question... I would worry that the kid doesn't fully understand the implications of a surgery or w/e until they're at least in high school. I know some people definitely can know that they're transgendered at a very young age, but that's such a huge decision... I don't know.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I'd say that it largely depends on the person.

Some kids know they're transgender by the time they're in Kindergarten, and get the full surgery by the time they're 13. Other kids think they're trans, but it turns out to be sexuality issues, and in the case of that it would suck if they got surgery and then realized they were in the wrong once they got older. >__>

I'm mostly one to say that kids should at least wait until their teens, and preferably later teens at that. Though, I'm also not one to judge another person's life, they might know dang well what they want at 11.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Yay for sudden trans boom. xDDD
At what age should a child be able to decide whether to have hormone-replacement therapy, sex change operations, and plastic surgery? (The ages may be different to the different components)
Depends on the person. Some people know from an age as early as three and show obvious signs of this. If this stays consistent throughout the child's early years, in my opinion at puberty it would then be okay for the parents to consult a doctor about getting hormones. At about twelve, that's the honest way to start off perfectly on the right foot and prevent any suffering, and it's not unheard of.
In my opinion you don't need to worry about sex reassignment surgery (that's the official word for it fyi, or at least I think it is, but it doesn't matter) at all until older years. It's one of the few irreversible things and if you ask me it's one of the most minor things despite obvious undeserved media focus.
Plastic surgery outside of the genital area is not required or recommendable for someone who starts HRT at that time. I wouldn't condone that for anyone. It's literally the same thing as giving a cis person plastic surgery because plastic surgery for transsexual women is meant to undo the long-term effects of testosterone on the face.

On the other hand, some people like me find out a bit later in life (teen years) and this leaves uncertainty and unrest. It's really hard to say on this one since I know what it's like to feel I'm old enough to make the decision yet get constantly kept from doing anything about it. 15-18 are hugely critical years and waiting doesn't really help anyone. However in this case I would find it reasonable for a parent to be skeptical for a bit. I think the ideal reaction is to sit down and have serious, really serious open-minded discussions.

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
I think the ideal reaction is to sit down and have serious, really serious open-minded discussions.

I don't consider myself an expert, by any means, on this subject. However, I'm going to have to completely agree with this statement here. I think it says it best! For the child to have a parent willing to consider the idea and sit down and talk about it seriously would be wonderful in itself. Assuming that's the case, then I feel the parent(s) would be able to gauge just how serious their child is about making this sort of decision. It would be a good idea for the parent to do some research, if the child is young, to explain to them every aspect of what they're talking about doing so they know all about it. I suppose this brings up the possible situation where a parent is dead-set against the child and unwilling to cooperate. I assume this happens, right?

As for age, I really could not say. I never like to put myself in the position of talking about when people 'should' do this or that. I'd have to agree again with the previous posts again, haha. It really does depend on the individual situation, as do many things in life.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

Well I'm also no great expert on the matter, but I'd say wait until age 10. At this point a child is going to be capable to handle the hormonal therapy (I'm not a doctor or a scientist, so I don't know what age it is safe to start this, but I think by 10 you'd surely be safe) and is also going to be capable of enough lucid thought to know for sure that this is something they want, and will not change their mind. This isn't true for all people of course, in which case it's always an option to wait until later, but if you're asking for a minimum I'd say 10.

Back