• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spin-Offs

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Joining the Snap 2 Wii U train. Hopefully they'll use the functions of the GamePad effectively and not dumb it down and ruin it like they did with Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity. They could also make a 3DS version as well.

Also, how about a Wii U Ranger title? The extra screen estate on the Wii U GamePad would make capturing Pokemon even easier. They would have to adds lots of variety to the gameplay as the Ranger titles, while very fun and playable barring the first one, to avoid the repetition that previous titles suffered from.

Seeing as we did have a crossover spin-off title with Nobunaga's Ambition, perhaps another crossover could be possible. Maybe a Persona or a Monster Hunter crossover could be possible, with the Personae being replaced with legendary Pokemon and the Monsters being replaced by, big shock, Pokemon.

And finally, trash that Pokemon Rumble U Skylanders imitation button masher ...thing, and instead make a Pokemon TCG game using the NFC technology in the GamePad. While there is already a PC Pokemon TGC title, the Wii U could be used to create a unique story mode.

EDIT: Forgot about a new Pokemon pinball game for the 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop. I've always wanted a pinball game to be expanded into the Pokemon universe, so It's a shame there hasn't been a new instalment since the GBA version 10 years ago.

tl;dr

• Snap 2 for Wii U and 3DS
  • Ranger title for Wii U
  • Pokemon X Shin Megami Tensei: Persona for Wii U and 3DS
  • Pokemon X Monster Hunter for Wii U and 3DS
  • Pokemon TCG for Wii U with NFC technology
  • Pokemon Pinball 3 for Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop

Last edited:

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I would love to see a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game... I love the series, and I hope that by that time, all the people with grudges towards the current version might actually give it a try.

And since Chunsoft already made huge changes to the appearance of the series, they may be able to focus more on the amount of content as opposed to bringing the visuals up to speed with the hardware.

Years
I want a new entry in the colloseum and xd series. And a sixth gen mystery dungeon i cant really say much about gates to infinity because it hasnt come out in europe yet. Id also like a tcg game for the 3ds though hopefully youre not gonna have to buy booster packs with real money....

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I would love a better version of My Pokemon Ranch that works more like Pokemon Box in that you can store hundreds of pokemon on the Wii U. Then maybe I'd buy a Wii U. :P

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Hmm....Ooh! List time!
1. Pokemon Ranger 3ds...please, I loved the first one and the third one(hated the second one for some odd reason). Loved the co-op in Guardian Signs as well!

2. Pokemon Snap 2. Haven't played the first one, but from what I'm hearing in this thread, it's a good game.

3. Pokemon X Fire Emblem. Where you could 'tame' units, as in your player character would be a strategist that doesn't show up on the map, but controls the pokemon. And pokeballs or such could be weapons to attain more units.

3. A chibi-style pokemon game. I don't care how they make this, but a pokemon game with a super-deformed style like FF: 4 heroes of light or something.

4. A darker Pokemon RPG for the older pokemon fans. I mean, I love the gameplay/strategy/concept of Pokemon...but the sunshine and rainbows kind of make me wonder when Pokemon will actually take a risk, storyline or concept wise(B/W doesn't count because Ghetsis was just the typical rawr-take-over-the-world villain) If they don't wish to take risks in the maingame as to keep the younger gamers, then take the risks in the spin-offs.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I personally loved both Colosseum and XD, and beat both of them twice. Seeing a third installment, maybe more based upon Pokémon unobtainable in the sixth gen games from other generations (as was the point of Colo/XD for R/S/FR/LG/E) could be implemented. Also loved the original Stadium 1&2, and I think the return of the battle on the big screen would be much appreciated for expansion into a household multiplayer, as opposed to always being on two screens, or using Wi-Fi to battle people with Action Replay'd Pokémon that most people don't stand a chance of beating.
Never personally played Pokémon snap, but I saw Marriland participated in a form of Versus of it with another guy on YouTube, and it looked fairly interesting, and quite possibly worth an attempt on their part for sixth generation.
Other than this, though, not much holds worth for me. PMD has always been "HALP, somebody take thing break universe come to universe and no break!" and I've played the same story six times now (Red, Blue, Time, Space, Darkness, and Gates). If they're going to do it again, please for the love of Arceus, change the story. At least a little? Please?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
We do need a new Pokemon shadow game; I was honesty waiting for one since the creation of the Fourth Generation.... perhaps making it for the Wii since that would make sense, so I really want to see a shadow Pokemon game for the 6th generation. As for another game, I want to see another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game since that is my favorite spin-off series, but this time include all of the Pokemon and not some of them like Gates to Infinity.

:354:TG

darkpokeball

Years
Maybe something like Pokemon Dream Radar? Like an eShop game where you can catch pokemon and then transport them?

Also, a new Pokemon Pinball would be nice for the eShop.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Pokemon Snap 2 would be on my top list... WE NEED TO PETITION THEM TO MAKE A POKEMON SNAP 2

Is Pokemon Trozei the same as Pokemon Link? I quite liked Link in the few times I've played it - I don't think a sequel would be a bad thing.

While I do love the Pinball games, ultimately they just frustrate me cause I'm terrible at pinball. While it wouldn't really bother me if they did bring out a sequel it would be pretty cool.

Obv. they'll release a rangers and a PMD, they're awesome games! ^^

blue

gucci
Years
The two that seem the most plaisuble to me are Pokemon Ranger 4 (3DS) and Pokemon Conquest 2 (3DS) which both will probably be released in 2014 assuming they're still producing those series of games.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The two that seem the most plaisuble to me are Pokemon Ranger 4 (3DS) and Pokemon Conquest 2 (3DS) which both will probably be released in 2014 assuming they're still producing those series of games.

Me too. The problem is that we can never expect what kind of a game they plan to produce, and that which particular game they're gonna remake. IMO a PokéPinball remake is also a lot deserving, and maybe make Trozei a bit more interesting. These games had cool ideas, and they were never developed much.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hear me out on this... Pokemon Snap University, get it? the U as in WiiU heheh...that was bad i apologize, like the real titles on the WiiU are any better.

Joking aside, a more serious Pokémon Snap Game maybe? Some thing like a Pokémon Safari or a Pokémon World Tour?

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Joking aside, a more serious Pokémon Snap Game maybe? Some thing like a Pokémon Safari or a Pokémon World Tour?

I could dig that. I'd love more serious Pokemon Games in General - sometimes it feels like PMD are the most grown up Pokemon Games out there. A Safari one would be awesome! but again it may be very limiting on what Pokemon you can find if, like me, you're thinking by ways of touring through the Safari Zones...

A World Tour on the other hand - Imagine having to tour through all the regions and take pictures of ALL THE POKEMANZ!!!! I'd love it!! :D

darkpokeball

Years
WiiU Battle Revolution?
We import our pokemon to a downloadable eShop title that doubles as a Pokemon-holder and a battle simulator. Given how amazing pokemon look on 3ds, imagine how awesome seeing pokemon battle on WiiU will be! (Of course, the point would be to connect to other players around the world, but there should be some built-in fights as well, such as extra gyms....or sumtin')

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
-Pokemon Snap 2
- A third game in the Colosseum/XD series
- New Pokemon Ranger
- New PMD
That's about all, but I wouldn't mind a new pinball game. I would not really want trozei though. It was awful

Years
I'd like a game like Rumble Blast that becomes a more developed real-time action game. Kinda like a Pokemon 3D MMORPG XD. Seriously cool though, it'll be really awesome to see moves work out in real-time and 3D space.

Back