• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Secret Bases

Should this feature be in Essentials?

• Yes

Votes: 35 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I have not played RSE in depth, but my roommate brought up Secret Bases today while I was working on something that reminded him of it. Currently Pokemon Essentials does not come with this feature.

What does everyone think about such an inclusion to the PE core?

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
For the base kit? No way!

It goes along the same lines as Pokemon following - This kit is called "Pokémon ESSENTIALS" and this is a feature that is barely essential. Most people wouldn't even need it (Like me). It was in only a few games, and was never a big deal as far as I could tell. If secret bases are made, then they should only be an add on.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I don't think it should've even been a discussion... I myself never bothered with them in the games! Pointless add-on, if you ask me. X

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I avoided posing my thoughts on it in the OP. My roomate saw me doing something along the lines of what he considered a secret base, when in fact it is actually just a hidden entrance.

Personally, I did not really do much with RSE and I am not 100% sure what all they offered players, but the idea of it sounded interesting to me. I guess I would have to delve back into RSE to see how useless it may or may not be. So for now I am taking your words for it :)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Nah. as it's not a feature thats essential, and it's really kinda pointless, unless it's tightly integrated into the specific game.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I really liked the feature, but I don't think it should be included in Essentials. It is just a gimmick in my opinion.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Sure, but is the low-priority feature.
I don't think why to don't put it. It's a extra thing, if you don't like, don't use it!
It goes along the same lines as Pokemon following - This kit is called "Pokémon ESSENTIALS" and this is a feature that is barely essential. Most people wouldn't even need it (Like me). It was in only a few games, and was never a big deal as far as I could tell. If secret bases are made, then they should only be an add on.
This can be called "Pokémon Essentials", but it have lot's of features that isn't too "Essentials" like Triple Triad, Shadow Pokémon, Mystery Dungeon Generator, the Brawly battle script, extra cups, etc...
This can be more a divided thing that pokémon following and more easier to create.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
In my opinion, secret bases could be made using events alone.

Which I might do now.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
No.
This isn't to hard to put into a project. You should learn to make it yourself.
In my opinion you'd only need to make 16 maps (based on R/S/E) and make an event so when you open the base, it chooses one of those maps at random, and allows you to decorate it, using endless switches and variables. (don't ask me about the Switches and Variables bit, this is only what I think would work, I have not tested it). >w<

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Frankly I couldn't be less interested. I never liked them, and I find them really useless. Though some people may like them, just not my case.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Sorry if I'm doing necromancy of this topic :P
But if you want a Secret Base system script for Pokémon essentials. Check this out. It is for a regular project from RPG Maker XP. I think the adaption you need to do is just to copy the script to pokemon essentials and do some changes, because the system can be a little bit different from the Secret Bases. But what I saw is very similar to what you are asking. Here is the link - www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=-lJAEw0PHg4

I know how are you feeling, I'm planning to do a game with that system too, but with some research I could get there :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I have an old and buggy script I was trying to make work laying around somewhere. I kind of pushed it off for a while as I could not get it to work.

After playing the RSE games it was something I wanted to add to Pillars of Destiny (Lost Legends at the time) but really could not get past all of the kinks as I am not very good with scripts at all.

It is funny, because I still have and use all the tiles as if Secret Bases were actually implemented, the feature has just not actually been implemented because I could not figure it out.

Thanks for the link though.

Back