• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
Could anyone tell me if theres anyway to add another feature into the pokegear script...Like a pokemon storage system feature...I'm trying to make one but don't know where to begin...

That would be a nice thing, but a Portable Version, maybe like a Poke'etch function without the Watch at the bottom. I'll see if I can take a look and make a guess.

EDIT: 48 Hours and I'll check in with a status report. Poccil could probably do this with his eyes closed. ROFL XD

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Yea! Exactly nightmareninja12, Can you let me know if you find a way, I've tried but end up screwing up the script :(...I'm just not doing something right.

Edit: Yeah your probably right and okay thats fine...I've decided to show how I tried to go at it also so here's my script

Spoiler:

and for the storage script, I just copied the pokemonstorage script that was already made :(

Last edited:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
That seems to be the way to do it, I was just looking for the storage call scene function and I think I woould of gotten it, but it seems we're missing a piece of the puzzle. Maybe Poccil can help eventually. Or someone else with RGSS talents.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
and for the storage script, I just copied the pokemonstorage script that was already made :(

Try this:

Spoiler:

If it doesn't work, sorry...It's been awhile since I've played with RPG Maker. I've moved on.

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Thanx flameguru, I'll try it out now...I'll give feedback asap.

Edit: Unfourtunatly it didn't work, but that may be a result of no spaces or something I'll keep trying I guess, thanx for the effort though Flameguru.

Last edited:

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
I'll try using his version as a start-up. Let me take another crack, m'kay? I gave up cause I figured FlameGuru got to it, but if it doesn't work I want to take a crack at it. I'll post if I get to a workign solution before someone else.

Atomic Reactor

Is there a way to set what battle background will appear per map?

pokemasterintraining

New Beginning
Years
Umm How can I change in the script Where i go when i loseCause it takes me to one of the tutorial maps (The maps that are included)And i want it to go to the house or to the nearest pokemon centerPs. I am a noob.But i do understand and am good at making the games but at scripts I am the worst.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Look in the metadata.txt file and change it in there.
- Or -
You could do it in the Editor.exe, but I prefer the manual way ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Question!

I have this scene envisioned in a game using this starterkit, and it goes like this:
At a certain point, although you have Pokémon, you cant use them. Youre bound to use pokeballs, rocks and bait (SAFARI ZONE style!)

One problem, the pokemon will not be able to be catched. So your pokeballs will not be able to catch the pokemon.

This is a one-time battle. (with the "pbWildBattle(
::PBSpecies::NAME,LEVEL,OPTIONAL RESULT,ESCAPE)" script call)

And basically, when that Pokémon flees, I want a scene to happen afterwards (text and basic events with RPGXP)

Is that possible with the starterskit at thsi point??? If so, how? Im a n00b, though I understand fast, so no worries.

Thanks!

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Hey I just wanted to know if there was anyway to add new cries to fakemon that I put in my game? I made custom cries, and named them the # of the fakemon, and tried it out, but It doesn't seem to work...Do I have to edit a script or anything?

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Hey I just wanted to know if there was anyway to add new cries to fakemon that I put in my game? I made custom cries, and named them the # of the fakemon, and tried it out, but It doesn't seem to work...Do I have to edit a script or anything?

You've named them ...cry?
E.G 500cry
Because that should do the job..
There is no scripting needed

PoKéMaKeR

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
open up the folder with Essentials in it and simply click on Game.rxproj it should open it up in RMXP or just open RMXP and open it from there....

EDIT : Forgot to mention you must extract it if you have not done so.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I'm trying to add a partner trainer, and when the game tries to run the script to register him, I get this error. I checked to make sure everything is spelled and formatted properly, and I'm pretty sure it is, unless I missed something. Any help?

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon: Purple Sky
Exception: SyntaxError

(eval):2: syntax error
(PBTrainers::LEADER_Jay,"Jay",0)
                              ^

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
fly problem

Hi people, I have a problem.

When I use HM02 fly the game still crashes and returns this error:

Exception: ArgumentError
PokemonRegionMap:271:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonRegionMap:271:in `pbStartFlyScreen'
PokemonScreen:1260:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:1230:in `each'
PokemonScreen:1230:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonScreen:1182:in `loop'
PokemonScreen:1416:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonMenu:150:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:149:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:149:in `pbStartPokemonMenu

How can I fix it? Please help me!!

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I'm trying to add a partner trainer, and when the game tries to run the script to register him, I get this error. I checked to make sure everything is spelled and formatted properly, and I'm pretty sure it is, unless I missed something. Any help?

Code:
Pokemon: Purple Sky
Exception: SyntaxError

(eval):2: syntax error
(PBTrainers::LEADER_Jay,"Jay",0)
                              ^

Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK   

what script did you use?

is it like
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Jay,"Jay",_I("your text here"),false,0)?

Or is it like
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Jay,"Jay",_I("your text here"),0) (without the "false" because you nee either false or true in that place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back