• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
What is your favorite secondary typing for a Dark-type?
Defensively, dark is weak against fighting, fairy and bug. One of these options would fit best.
Secondary fairy: blocks fight and bug
Secondary ghost: blocks fight and bug
Secondary flying: blocks fight and bug
Secondary steel: blocks fairy and bug

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Defensively, dark is weak against fighting, fairy and bug. One of these options would fit best.
Secondary fairy: blocks fight and bug
Secondary ghost: blocks fight and bug
Secondary flying: blocks fight and bug
Secondary steel: blocks fairy and bug

Thats why i love the fairy and dark we need one!
Lets see
Dark and ghost: sableye, spiritomb
Dark and flying: Mandibuzz, Honchkrow
Dark and steel: ummm Bisharp
You also gotta think how the secondary typing affects them so weaknesses for:
Dark ghost: fairy
Dark and flying: fairy, rock, ice, electric
Dark and fairy: poison, steel
Dark and steel: fighting(4x), fire, ground
So the 2 best would likely be dark and ghost and dark and fairy but i think there are others that may also be better :)

Dedenne1

Years

Featured Dark Type Of the Week!
r88cbm.jpg

Houndoom, The Dark Pokémon. The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.Long ago, people imagined its eerie howls to be the call of the grim reaper. If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away. Upon hearing its eerie howls, other Pokémon get the shivers and head straight back to their nests.

Well i saw that several people loved Houndoom and i love it too plus i needed a mega for the first time but the main reason i chose this was because it was the most detailed response to the favorite dark type from Aslan!

Here i will go in depth on pics, stats, design, and a lot of other things so take a look!

Arts and design:

Arts:
Spoiler:

Wallpaper:
Spoiler:

Ok so after arts i thought id do overall statistics
Statistics, Ability, Moveset and Such:
Spoiler:

Mega Evolution Department!
2d017k8.png

Arts:
Spoiler:

Wallpaper:
Spoiler:

Stat Changes:
Defense: 90
SpAtk: 140
SpDef: 90
Speed:115

Ability Changes
Solar Power: During sunshine, the Pokémon's Special Attack raises to 1.5 times but HP decreases by 1/8th the maximum HP every turn.

Theres a large amount of stat uppage here speed is a key factor and along with the up in SpAtk make him a great Fast Special Sweeper along with the extra bulk allowing more defense so he wont be as easily KO'd.

Discussion questions:
1) These are optional discussing other things other than these makes it more fun!
2) What is your opinion on his overall look?
3) Would you use him in competitive battling?
4) Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
5) Was he on your Kalos team/any teams?
6) What do you think of his mega?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Houndoom is a boss, enough said. I had a shiny one once but reset the game without trading it out and I majorly regret that one. I used it in Platinum and it is a very good special attacker for sure.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 1, 2017
This sounds fun!!

Username: FeaXy
Reason you love dark types: I love dark types because they are cool and deadly. They have good moves, I started to love dark types because when I played pokemon ruby for the 1st time, I lost to Sydney and I realized that having a dark type team is a deadly and fearsome team. Also, Darkness is a weapon against Darkness.
3 partner pokemon: Honchkrow, Hydreigon, Zoroark
Answer any current topic: Hmmm, I think Dark-Dragon, Dark-Flying and Dark-Ghost are my favorites. And Dark-Poison it sounds cool and vicous :3

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hey there, Feaxy and welcome! They're pretty amazing as a monotype team, I'd have to agree! There's just so much diversity, type possibilities and stats amongst them. And I'm not surprised that you'd find them deadly and fearsome, haha. Those are definitely the first two words that I thought of when trying to describe them.

I know I've already gone into Houndoom before but to answer the POTW discussion:

As stated before, Houndoom was formerly my favourite pokemon. Today, it's my second favourite. There are many reasons for this, the first being that it was arguably my best MVP of all time. Another reason was that I absolutely loved dogs, which Houndoom was. And then there was the unpleasant dex entry which really got me hooked into wanting to use and learn more about the pokemon.

When I was a kid, I loved dark or beastly creatures. Werewolves, dragons, basilisks, you named it. Seeing Houndoom was like combining two of my favourite animals and ideas together; darkness and canines. Combined, the two created what could be mistaken for something along the lines of Death's pet dog. As for the whole never ending pain and howl of the grim reaper that comes with its dex entry, it's a bit unsettling but rather cool in a way. They'd probably create fear and terror amongst the pokemon universe but like dogs, would be loyal to the ones they cared about the most. Pretty sweet, really.

I won't go into anything else since I've covered it before but yes, I like its mega too! I think they did a great job at making it more intimidating. :]

Years
Houndoom is a beast. It's not even that big and can still scare the crap out of anyone lol.
I dont think I actually ever used him, but that wouldn't be such a bad idea!

Dedenne1

Years
This sounds fun!!

Username: FeaXy
Reason you love dark types: I love dark types because they are cool and deadly. They have good moves, I started to love dark types because when I played pokemon ruby for the 1st time, I lost to Sydney and I realized that having a dark type team is a deadly and fearsome team. Also, Darkness is a weapon against Darkness.
3 partner pokemon: Honchkrow, Hydreigon, Zoroark
Answer any current topic: Hmmm, I think Dark-Dragon, Dark-Flying and Dark-Ghost are my favorites. And Dark-Poison it sounds cool and vicous :3
Welcome FeaXy! Yeh dark and dragon is cool despite its weakness to fairy hydreigon is a beast lol. Dark and flying and dark and ghost are great picks as well since i love honchkrow and sableye!

Hey there, Feaxy and welcome! They're pretty amazing as a monotype team, I'd have to agree! There's just so much diversity, type possibilities and stats amongst them. And I'm not surprised that you'd find them deadly and fearsome, haha. Those are definitely the first two words that I thought of when trying to describe them.

I know I've already gone into Houndoom before but to answer the POTW discussion:

As stated before, Houndoom was formerly my favourite pokemon. Today, it's my second favourite. There are many reasons for this, the first being that it was arguably my best MVP of all time. Another reason was that I absolutely loved dogs, which Houndoom was. And then there was the unpleasant dex entry which really got me hooked into wanting to use and learn more about the pokemon.

When I was a kid, I loved dark or beastly creatures. Werewolves, dragons, basilisks, you named it. Seeing Houndoom was like combining two of my favourite animals and ideas together; darkness and canines. Combined, the two created what could be mistaken for something along the lines of Death's pet dog. As for the whole never ending pain and howl of the grim reaper that comes with its dex entry, it's a bit unsettling but rather cool in a way. They'd probably create fear and terror amongst the pokemon universe but like dogs, would be loyal to the ones they cared about the most. Pretty sweet, really.
I won't go into anything else since I've covered it before but yes, I like its mega too! I think they did a great job at making it more intimidating. :]
That was still pretty in depth :3 anyways whats your favorite dark type now? Gotta love the Grim reaper part!

Houndoom is a beast. It's not even that big and can still scare the crap out of anyone lol.
I dont think I actually ever used him, but that wouldn't be such a bad idea!
Lol i really wanna hes such a powerful fire type and dark type now i cant wait! True its about the size of a human standing up but its scary as all heck!

Feel free to answer the current topic and pokemon of the week discussion you guys it only took me an hour to get that up lol!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 1, 2017
Houndoom is really a good pokemon because it has good attack,sp attack and speed. Its looks is very cool and I used it in pokemon emerald and It can almost wipe out my enemy team!

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Oh, it's Houndoom! <3
I also once had Houndoom as my favourite Pokemon and I do agree it has a nice design; love how it's based off the Cerberus. The Mega was well deserved too since Houndoom needed more love and its stats could use a boost. Not sure if it's still viable but it can run a Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Crunch and Fire Blast set; yeah I need to stop being rusty and start battling again.

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
Years
Zoroark is amazing i trained one for my friend and didnt realize i was putting my self up for defeat in our upcoming battles being wiped out by the same zoroak i had trained not that long ago xD i got it so low on health with my hitmonlee almost beating it but i agree on the second mega picutre about it might be raising attack but not speical since it seems to ocus on physical that special based on design

ik my last post is a little late but i missed about3 weeks and am just now getting back on

Last edited by a moderator:

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Username: Umbr30n
Reason you like the dark type: It is one of my favourite types (along with fire) and the type itself brings a lot of strategy into the Pokémon gameplay in general by having many tactical moves to choose from.
3 partner pokemon: Houndoom, Weavile, Tyrannitar
Answer any current topic: It depends on whether the type is just there to give the Pokémon some more strengths and weaknesses, or if it actually brings some diversity onto the table.

On an unrelated note, I disliked the fact that the Dark-Type got a new weakness. There's already the Fighting-Type for that, it wasn't overpowered in the first place and there are moves to stop the effect of a Dark-Type move.
Trying out this new "Fatface" font, it's intriguing really!

Dedenne1

Years
Zoroark is amazing i trained one for my friend and didnt realize i was putting my self up for defeat in our upcoming battles being wiped out by the same zoroak i had trained not that long ago xD i got it so low on health with my hitmonlee almost beating it but i agree on the second mega picutre about it might be raising attack but not speical since it seems to ocus on physical that special based on design

ik my last post is a little late but i missed about3 weeks and am just now getting back on

Oh, it's Houndoom! <3
I also once had Houndoom as my favourite Pokemon and I do agree it has a nice design; love how it's based off the Cerberus. The Mega was well deserved too since Houndoom needed more love and its stats could use a boost. Not sure if it's still viable but it can run a Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Crunch and Fire Blast set; yeah I need to stop being rusty and start battling again.

Username: Umbr30n
Reason you like the dark type: It is one of my favourite types (along with fire) and the type itself brings a lot of strategy into the Pokémon gameplay in general by having many tactical moves to choose from.
3 partner pokemon: Houndoom, Weavile, Tyrannitar
Answer any current topic: It depends on whether the type is just there to give the Pokémon some more strengths and weaknesses, or if it actually brings some diversity onto the table.

On an unrelated note, I disliked the fact that the Dark-Type got a new weakness. There's already the Fighting-Type for that, it wasn't overpowered in the first place and there are moves to stop the effect of a Dark-Type move.
Trying out this new "Fatface" font, it's intriguing really!

Omg sorry im late! Ive been on for short times but im getting busier now that my vacation is over. Anyways i was thinking of new topics and i meant to post one yesterday lol but since we have POTW tommarrow ill post it sunday maybe :D

Anyways.....

@MurderKode
Nice to see u back on! Yes zoroark is one of my favs (of u couldnt notice) hes on one of my competive battling teams i love his ability and his use if night daze!

@MidnightCombat
Nice to see u back here i think it was u that told me you'd be gone for awhile lol my brain is fuzzy :p
Yes Houndoom that scary, friendly, killer, stylish dark type that will rip your team in half but can still be mans best friend lol. Thats true i just got several of its top battling sets that ive used and thats the only one i used before but i think ill try yours someday :D

@Umbr30n
Welcome nice to see even more faces and this club getting a good size crowd of discussers! I could kinda tell u like dark types from your username lol love umbreon! Yep Houndoom is great i love its mega so powerful and scary as heck! Weavile i wish ive used in competitive play its such a good pokemon and it has a rocking typing and moveset! Lol i love using fonts also if u couldnt tell haha and although it saddened me that they got a new weakness it does even things out a bit although im glad its effective against steel types now down metagross! But we will talk about those fun changes soon in another topic.

And anyone have any recommendations for POTW? If u dont wanna guve a direct atleast give me advice on mega or competitive or Single stage (no other evolutions)
~thanks it really helps and i will start that tommarrow and will put the majority of my time into it and maybe some better discussion questions! Sorry for my shirt absence!

-Me

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
Hello There! I'm DarkPoke001, and i'm hoping to join :)

i believe there was another Dark-Type group, bit then that died down and i had nowhere to express my love for Dark Types :(

Anyways, Username: DarkPoke001

Reason you love dark types: They are pretty much the perfect Pokémon (even after they got Fairy Type weakness) Most are really cool looking, (Sharpedo, Tyranitar) and they can be VERY powerful. Not to mention, Dark Pulse is probably my favourite TM

3 partner pokemon: UMBREON!!, Bisharp and Hydreigon

Answer any current topic: My favourite type, to go along with Dark Type would probably be either Ghost (for the limited amount of Weaknesses) or maybe Dragon (There is nothing cooler than a huge Dragon, and THEN making it Dark Type as well! ^_^

Dedenne1

Years
Hello There! I'm DarkPoke001, and i'm hoping to join :)

i believe there was another Dark-Type group, bit then that died down and i had nowhere to express my love for Dark Types :(

Anyways, Username: DarkPoke001

Reason you love dark types: They are pretty much the perfect Pokémon (even after they got Fairy Type weakness) Most are really cool looking, (Sharpedo, Tyranitar) and they can be VERY powerful. Not to mention, Dark Pulse is probably my favourite TM

3 partner pokemon: UMBREON!!, Bisharp and Hydreigon

Answer any current topic: My favourite type, to go along with Dark Type would probably be either Ghost (for the limited amount of Weaknesses) or maybe Dragon (There is nothing cooler than a huge Dragon, and THEN making it Dark Type as well! ^_^
Alright I'll add u in a couple min but welcome to the club! Umbreon is a large fav for everyone and is a very good pokemon plus powerful and a good wall :)
Sableye and Spiritomb even with one weakness are still very powerful and now we have mega sableye the most annoying pokemon on earth lol.

Anyways I'll be posting POTW momentarily sorry for the delay guys!

Dedenne1

Years

Featured Dark Type Of the Week!
xm01tu.jpg

Hydreigon, The Brutal Pokémon. It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path! The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.

Well he is a personal fav of mine and many it seems. Although he as a large amount of weaknesses he easily has a great SpAtk stat. With fairy added it added another weakness to the list of a 4x weakness which is an automatic danger but hydreigon is still one of the most powerful dark type pokemon and is continuously used in battling.

Here i will go in depth on pics, stats, design, and a lot of other things so take a look!

Arts and design:

Arts:
Spoiler:

Wallpaper:
Spoiler:

Statistics, Ability, Moveset and Such:
Spoiler:

Discussion questions:
1) These are optional discussing other things other than these makes it more fun!
2) What is your opinion on his overall look?
3) Would you use him in competitive battling?
4) Do you overall like, love, or hate him? Why?
5) Did you ever use him in game in Unova?

This took 1 hour to complete so yay but ive had the worse morning ever with this because my ipad deleted all of it and i couldn't get it back so i had to redo it a second time i hope you all enjoy discussing him though it is something that however hard is enjoyable to do and talk about :)

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
You have Dark Pulse written twice it seems.
But yee it's Hydreigon! This thing was actually the reason why I wanted a Gen 5 game in the first place: awesome design and at the time it has two of my favourite types combined. One thing that puts me off about it is its high level (64 is 2high4meh) but I did use it in Black~
Second overall fav Pokemon too!

Dedenne1

Years
You have Dark Pulse written twice it seems.
But yee it's Hydreigon! This thing was actually the reason why I wanted a Gen 5 game in the first place: awesome design and at the time it has two of my favourite types combined. One thing that puts me off about it is its high level (64 is 2high4meh) but I did use it in Black~
Second overall fav Pokemon too!

Lol sorry thats supposed to be dragon pulse :p
Thanks for telling me though!
I used it in black2 but not in white cause i was way to lazy to train it to that level :3
I guess it was just easier to level ur pokes up in the sequels but still i think they should lower it some day haah. But overall great poke powerful scary love the pokedex entry and ummmm i forgot what i was gonna say lol. Ill edit the post though!

Years
Hope I can sneak my way into this one...

Username: Pendraflare
Reason you love dark types: They're known for being mischievous and often have great offense stats to back them up, so they come with a rad style.
3 partner pokemon: Houndoom, Hydreigon, Absol
Answer any current topic:
Tough question, but although this would be more relevant in Generation V, Fighting. Its two STAB-types were really good at the time, making Scrafty very formidable with Dragon Dance, good defenses and three very helpful abilities backing it up. Although the Fairy-type does screw it over pretty hard this generation, it's still fun to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back