• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Other purpose for Pokemon apart from battling!

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Building things definitely. Probably other jobs as well, like psychic types working with the police. They might even be waiters or taxi drivers. Bigger ones could be used as transportation. Electric types at power plants. Grass types with farms.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Guys, Pokemon aren't real so... if they were real, they could probably do anything we want.

The only main purpose for Pokemon is battling... there are some cool things you can do such as PokeAmie in XY/ORAS, contests or game slots. But the main reason you play Pokemon is to battle with them.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Way to play along KorpiklaaniVodka :P

I imagine they could be used in medical ways as well, Jigglypuff would make a nice replacement to sleep-inducing medication.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Guys, Pokemon aren't real so... if they were real, they could probably do anything we want.

The only main purpose for Pokemon is battling... there are some cool things you can do such as PokeAmie in XY/ORAS, contests or game slots. But the main reason you play Pokemon is to battle with them.
Obviously the only real thing you can do in the games is battling, but in the real world for pokemon (like the anime) you could do a lot more with pokemon like flying on them, but there'd obviously be limitations.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I think there can be hundreds of uses for Pokemon in the real world, for e.g. Water Pokemon with Rain Dance can be used to solve droughts, Electric Pokemon can be used to generate electricity, which can save a lot of power & reduce global warming. :)

Pika Pika :chu:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
What other purposes do you think Pokemon can be used for, apart from battling, in real life or just a fantasy!
...Doesn't the franchise as a whole already explain this in-depth?

Just off the top of my head in 30 seconds:
- Friends
- Caretakers
- Manual labor/construction
- Performers/entertainers
- Research partners
- Research subjects
- Guardians
- Pets
- Service industry
- Health industry
- Sanitation industry

...?

Reactions: Sun
Years
Dude...
A Machamp to help me move furniture and spot me in the gym.
Umbreon as a pet.
Abra to tp me to work.
A Meowth to boost my income with Payday.
Chansey to heal.

A Ditto.... presuming it can copy humans.... endless uses.

so awesome :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
"Sinnoh Folk Story 1"
Pick clean the bones of Pokémon
caught in the sea or stream.
Thank them for the meals they
provide, and pick their bones clean.
When the bones are as clean as can
be, set them free in the water from
which they came.
The Pokémon will return, fully
fleshed, and it begins anew.
"Sinnoh Folk Story 2"
There lived a Pokémon in a forest.
In the forest, the Pokémon shed its
hide to sleep as a human.
Awakened, the human dons the
Pokémon hide to roam villages.
"Sinnoh Folk Story 3"
There once were Pokémon that
became very close to humans.
There once were humans and Pokémon
that ate together at the same table.
It was a time when there existed no
differences to distinguish the two.
Notes
The first story is another example of Pokémon being eaten as food by humans.
Sinnoh Folk Story 2 is reminiscent of the Scottish tales of selkies.
In the literal translation of Sinnoh Folk Story 3, the myth originally referred to Pokémon and people marrying each other.
Sinnoh Folk Story 2 also addresses evolution in the Pokémon world from Pokémon to man, as could Sinnoh Folk Story 3.

This is your answer.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I would like to use my flying pokemon as a transportation to avoid heavy traffic. Maybe Ho-oh... assuming I will not get burned.

I think that would be the most useful thing you can get out of a Pokemon, avoiding all the traffic rush. But if I were you I wouldn't want to be sitting on Ho-Oh :P

Pika Pika :chu:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Pokemon really can do anythink they want all of you are correct in the fact that their possibilitys are endless to a point where human work could be abolished and pokemon use as slaves yet again

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
What about just filling your PC and PokéDex? Lol jk

Pokémon have a lot of purposes. One could be to help and maybe also be used to serve and rule.

And also save the world.
What?

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
what about using a psychic pokemon when an airplane is going to crash? it can control the airplane or at least teleport us all to a safer place!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
what about using a psychic pokemon when an airplane is going to crash? it can control the airplane or at least teleport us all to a safer place!
That way, if you're a terrorist, you have yet anther reason to use Dark type Pokemon. :P

Beauty Elesa

Supermodel Gym Leader
Years
Pokemon could help out in lots of ways.

They could be pets.
They could help you with everyday tasks such as cleaning and cooking and stuff.
They could keep you company when you are alone/lonely.
They could be used to do jobs such as Firefighters and Police Officers and such.
There so many different things Pokemon could do other than battling.

Back