• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
No, I want Danny and the Doctor to travel together so badly. I'm assuming that whatever reason they create for Clara's departure, it ties into the promise they made this episode. Best guess would be that Danny goes along with the doctor after some terrible event both as a reminder for whatever happened to her, and because he has nothing left for him on Earth and needs to go along for repentence. Really crazy theory:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
No, I want Danny and the Doctor to travel together so badly. I'm assuming that whatever reason they create for Clara's departure, it ties into the promise they made this episode. Best guess would be that Danny goes along with the doctor after some terrible event both as a reminder for whatever happened to her, and because he has nothing left for him on Earth and needs to go along for repentence. Really crazy theory:
Spoiler:
Oh, I really thought Clara would stay on Earth with Danny in the end. Why do they have to kill companions or seal them off in other dimensions or give them amnesia in order for them to let go? What's wrong with doing what Martha (and from what I've heard tons of companions before her) did and decide that enough is enough at last? I don't want Clara to die, I want her to be someone the Doctor can return to once in a while when he gets another main companion (who should live in the TARDIS like Rose did).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sure, I'm not disagreeing with the idea that Clara could just stop and be fed up. I said it from the beginning of this series, its probably going to end with her just straight up leaving him for the hypocrite he is. But the way the season has been going, I'm just wondering if it could be something more involving Danny, that's all.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
May I join this group?

Also how do you guys think of DannyXClara relationship. I mean it is clear now that Moffet wants them to be a couple... Personally... I'm not sold on this ship. Mainly because of "Soldier blunder" the show has made and... I'm just not getting the "Love" between those two... it just feels so artificial to me.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I don't like Danny--or at least, I don't like the way he treated the Doctor during the last episode. Actually no, I don't really like him.

Oh, and is it just me or did I see an older version of Courtney in the next episode's trailer?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Oho! Hope you wouldn't mind adding another soul to the club?

PokéCommunity Username: Gilver
Favorite Doctor: Eight
Favorite Companion: Charley Pollard

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
May I join this group?

Also how do you guys think of DannyXClara relationship. I mean it is clear now that Moffet wants them to be a couple... Personally... I'm not sold on this ship. Mainly because of "Soldier blunder" the show has made and... I'm just not getting the "Love" between those two... it just feels so artificial to me.
Yes, you may. Preferably, you fill out the form in the first post, but no worries :3

I don't like Danny--or at least, I don't like the way he treated the Doctor during the last episode. Actually no, I don't really like him.

Oh, and is it just me or did I see an older version of Courtney in the next episode's trailer?
Nice to see more people who didn't feel like Danny and Clara's relationship feels natural! But then again, I never thought anything around Clara felt natural :/ Her blatantly scripted jokes and retorts feel plastic after Amy's refreshingly skeptical ways and Rose's believably casual style.

Oho! Hope you wouldn't mind adding another soul to the club?

PokéCommunity Username: Gilver
Favorite Doctor: Eight
Favorite Companion: Charley Pollard
Not at all. Welcome! I had to google Charley. Companion to the eight Doctor, hm? That's cool :3 I still haven't found a decent way of listening to the audio dramas. It would be so perfect if I could have them in my iPhone ;;

Leviathan

Years
My bad. I suppose I should've mentioned that. But my friend if you can find a way to listen to Big Finish's 8th Doc audios, you must! McGann really shines in them. And some characters from the classic happen to guest star in one or two dramas. I nearly lost it when Brigadiers Lethbridge's voice cut across my headphones.

I loved the build-up to the Zagreus story in particular. Just look at the following quote!

Zagreus sits inside your head.
Zagreus lives among the dead…
Zagreus sees you in your bed
And eats you when you're sleeping.
Spine chilling stuff for sure, especially at this time of the year.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Urrr indeed.

I should finish watching the fifth Doctor's tv run already ^^ I was looking up references to earlier Who in the latest seasons and came across this:

Spoiler:
Reference to Tegan! Brave heart, Tegan Clara!

Leviathan

Years
Hah, what a nice nod that was to Logopolis itself too. "Spent bringing an Australian to the airport." --Tegan's first appearance, right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hah, what a nice nod that was to Logopolis itself too. "Spent bringing an Australian to the airport." --Tegan's first appearance, right?
The whole first fifth Doctor season, he tried to get her back to Heathrow but ended up in all sorts of wrong places :p And when he finally landed at Heathrow, she had gotten so comfortable aboard the TARDIS that she wanted to stay. But stuff happened and the Doctor and Nyssa took off without her anyways xD

How I wish some of the old episodes had been made with today's technology.

Leviathan

Years
I didn't watch much of the 4th-7th Doctors, but that sounded hilarious.

You and me both. :(

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Yes, you may. Preferably, you fill out the form in the first post, but no worries :3;

Ah I'll do it now then. Better late then never eh?

Username: Pryce10
Favourite Doctor: 11th Doctor ( Matt Smith FTW!{XD} )
Favourite Companion: Donna

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Wah, spoilers yo! I'm going to watch it right now. But comments said that it was rather crappy... I'll try not to let that influence my viewing experience.

Edit: watched it. What? Just... What? That can so not be
Spoiler:

I find myself missing Eleven like crazy these days. And even River Song.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Wah, spoilers yo! I'm going to watch it right now. But comments said that it was rather crappy... I'll try not to let that influence my viewing experience.

Edit: watched it. What? Just... What? That can so not be
Spoiler:

I find myself missing Eleven like crazy these days. And even River Song.

Yeah... Transition from Nine to Ten with Rose, that history was still there. Here, from Eleven to Twelve with Clara, doesn't feel that way at all. Guess it's the same for her character

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm not sure what to feel. 3 things are left in my mind:
-Decision was stupid. Moons gonna go boom anyway they handled it, so relying on luck if it attacked the Earth or not was silly. Not to mention, the New Moon/Egg thing after it hatching was such an ass-pull, as well as this being the beginning of the space age for humanity. Awful Premise in general.
-Why the hell didn't Moffat have this level of pacing for series 6/7? Its amazing how fluid and fast the episode passes, while having some level of fun(even if its awful). So many stuff could have been made better with the pacing in this series its not funny.
-That ending, I wasn't expecting it till the end of the season. I guess now this means Courtney's not coming along again, but bringing in Danny this early is strange. I wonder if this means the next companion's gonna be a surprise?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I never thought Danny was staying. Rather, he serves as the reason Clara decides to leave in the end. But I think we'll see more of her. Unlike every other companion of New Who so far (except Jack, Martha, Sarah Jane and Mickey), she isn't forever gone out of reach. Maybe she and Danny will rather become recurring like the Pater Nosters :)

And as little as I liked Courtney, I think there's a possibility she'll join the Doctor again. But she might also just have served as another factor tieing Clara closer to life on Earth.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I see courtney as a no-go now, considering how she's going to be the President of the US in 30 years. I mean, that was a clear telltale sign that she was a one off. And I disagree, I see danny as a stubborn, yet allowing companion of the doctor. See's how miserable Clara is, confronts the doctor, gets into some hijinks with him by mistake, and then tries to convince her she's wrong. They break up because she can't stand him going along with the doctor, boom season 9 set up in place.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh right, president. You're right, she's probably gone now.

Back