• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Yeah, Awakening and Sacred Stones are the only FE games in the series that actually allows legitimate grinding that doesn't involve an arena. It was totally unnecessary in Sacred Stones however, since Sacred Stones was incredibly easy. Even on hard mode.

Yeah, that too. Sacred Stones was not really truly hard. Had some really broke-ass units like Joshua, too, and Ewan et al. (I can't remember the names of all of these units offhand -- they start at a low-end class and upgrade instantly at level 10 to a usually "first stage" class) are pretty OP.

Mario RPG was a great game. Easily one of my favourite SNES games. Was really fond of the button mashing and timing aspects of all the attacks of the game, glad that mechanic transferred over into the future Mario RPG games.
Yeah, it was overall a very fun experience. I haven't played the vanilla game in a while and have mostly been picking at a "hard mode" mod called Super Mario RPG Revolution. It's VERY well-balanced but has a pretty tough difficulty curve (though a lot of that may also be due in no small part to most bosses being drastically different and the tightening of the Timed Hit mechanics). I've been doing that with a LOT of my favorite games lately, honestly, and I should take a spin through the originals again at some point.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Yeah, that too. Sacred Stones was not really truly hard. Had some really broke-ass units like Joshua, too, and Ewan et al. (I can't remember the names of all of these units offhand -- they start at a low-end class and upgrade instantly at level 10 to a usually "first stage" class) are pretty OP.
Yeah, the "Trainee" class. Only two of them were really useful in all honesty, Ross and Amelia. Ewan is good too, but he comes a tad too late and is pretty far behind in levels. Unless you grind him, then disregard my point.

Yeah, it was overall a very fun experience. I haven't played the vanilla game in a while and have mostly been picking at a "hard mode" mod called Super Mario RPG Revolution. It's VERY well-balanced but has a pretty tough difficulty curve (though a lot of that may also be due in no small part to most bosses being drastically different and the tightening of the Timed Hit mechanics).
Super Mario RPG Revolution? I might have to check that out. Would be a nice nostalgia trip to playthrough Super Mario RPG again. I'm anxious to try out a redone version of the Timed Hit mechanics. Also, interested on how they handled the Culex and Jinx battles. But it's just strictly a "hard" mode patch right? No, drastic changes on some of the characters moves and skills?

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Super Mario RPG Revolution? I might have to check that out. Would be a nice nostalgia trip to playthrough Super Mario RPG again. I'm anxious to try out a redone version of the Timed Hit mechanics. Also, interested on how they handled the Culex and Jinx battles. But it's just strictly a "hard" mode patch right? No, drastic changes on some of the characters moves and skills?
The differences are HUGELY different for some bosses. For example, Bowyer's mechanic has been transferred to Magikoopa. Some are not all that different -- for example, during his second fight, Belome produces two clones at once as opposed to one at a time to a max of two. Some... aren't different at all -- e.g. Mack and his flunkies just have higher stats and uses some different magic (of a similar level).

Probably the biggest difference is with
Spoiler:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
The differences are HUGELY different for some bosses. For example, Bowyer's mechanic has been transferred to Magikoopa. Some are not all that different -- for example, during his second fight, Belome produces two clones at once as opposed to one at a time to a max of two. Some... aren't different at all -- e.g. Mack and his flunkies just have higher stats and uses some different magic (of a similar level).

Probably the biggest difference is with
Spoiler:
Hmm. I guess I can live with most of those changes. They seem to be rather reasonable modifications, and for most of the part, make sense. Bundt having a game over explosion just seems weird to me though, haha. He was supposed to be a wedding cake, not a wedding bomb :x

I'll most definitely give it a whirl though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It looks like tomorrow I'll be getting FFX/X-2 HD. Sadly, I couldn't 100% FFX on PS2 before then, but the goddamn lightning-dodging ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ is the big obstacle, so I can pretend I still accomplished something!

I'm a trophy hound and the lightning dodging one is the worst....it's better on the Vita actually because you can put it to sleep and not have the count reset.

Years
It looks like tomorrow I'll be getting FFX/X-2 HD. Sadly, I couldn't 100% FFX on PS2 before then, but the goddamn lightning-dodging ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ is the big obstacle, so I can pretend I still accomplished something!

I'm a trophy hound and the lightning dodging one is the worst....it's better on the Vita actually because you can put it to sleep and not have the count reset.

Have you both not heard of the crater trick for the lightning dodging? o:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Have you both not heard of the crater trick for the lightning dodging? o:

Somehow I missed the FFX craze the first time around, so all I know is what I've already tried (and not done too well at, obviously). Spill!

Years
Somehow I missed the FFX craze the first time around, so all I know is what I've already tried (and not done too well at, obviously). Spill!

Haha, you're not the only one! XD I came across the tip when I was doing the lightning dodge myself :P You know how Thunder Plains is divided into 2 maps? Go to the southern one, and there's a particular crater on the west that when you walk into it, you're able to "force" a lightning to appear. Eh, I'm horrible at explaining, it's probably easier to link a video.

Once you get that trick down, it's actually quite easy. Though I did screw up at about 130, and had to redo it ;-; Wasn't too bad though. Just give yourself a break here-and-there.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Haha, you're not the only one! XD I came across the tip when I was doing the lightning dodge myself :P You know how Thunder Plains is divided into 2 maps? Go to the southern one, and there's a particular crater on the west that when you walk into it, you're able to "force" a lightning to appear. Eh, I'm horrible at explaining, it's probably easier to link a video.

Once you get that trick down, it's actually quite easy. Though I did screw up at about 130, and had to redo it ;-; Wasn't too bad though. Just give yourself a break here-and-there.

You are a goddess. It took me long enough to realize that I actually had a no encounters shield, so obviously I'm not the most observant at this game.

Years
You are a goddess. It took me long enough to realize that I actually had a no encounters shield, so obviously I'm not the most observant at this game.

Haha, it's not me who came up with the trick so the credits obviously go to whoever found that slight loop hole :P Helped me tons in getting that trophy, and Lulu's ultimate weapon. I actually had so much fun with it that I went beyond the required 200, LOL.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Lightening dodge is still the only thing I haven't done to power up the weapons, not because I can't do it. I just simply don't have the patience or attention span to do it at all.

I really want to Platinum FFX but I can't at all get the 5 boxes during the Chocobo race.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
See, I can't get the 0:0 in the other Chocobo race. I got the 5 boxes just fine, but the 0:0 is driving me up a wall. Every other part of my achievements seem just a matter of time, but I'm really not certain I have the skill necessary for that one.

Last edited:
Years
See, I can't get the 0:0 in the other Chocobo race. I got the 5 boxes just fine, but the 0:0 is driving me up a well. Every other part of my achievements seem just a matter of time, but I'm really not certain I have the skill necessary for that one.

That was another tedious task. It's a matter of luck regarding where the balloons are situated \: I did manage to get through it though. You have to make sure you get probably 13-15 balloons to ensure you reduce your time to 0:0:0 meanwhile dodging most of the birds; you're only allowed 1 hit at most otherwise you'll have to grab additional balloons if you're hit anymore than that. It took me approximately 2-3 hours to actually get through that ;-;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I really, really think I'm just not skilled enough at it. You know how there are just a few things that you wish you could just hand the game to someone else and tell them "you do this one"? That's the one for me. Unfortunately, no one I know in real life plays the game so they would be worse at the controls than I am.

Years
XD I know that feeling. I was really tempted to give my sister the controller for the Chocobo race since she's played the game before, but she said she never had the patience to get all the weapons, and Tidus' was one of them ;-; Dodging the lightning was slightly more enjoyable than the racing, in my opinion...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
At least the lightning I feel like is reliable; part of the reason I'm so bad at Chocobo racing is because the Chocobos aren't really free 360 degree movement and the balloons/birds have a really strange perspective so it's hard to tell if I'm going to get hit or not. Lightning is straightforward.

I think I'm contradicting myself now though...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I never really had an issue with the 0.0. The only annoying part was when I got it, but it didn't give me the sigil so I had to reget a 0.0.

Has anyone maxed stats yet?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Noooo. Right now I'm inside Sin somewhere, just grinding because there's a save point nearby. I'm sad because I decided at the start not to 100% it because I didn't care that much, and then I changed my mind, so now I have to go back and fight dark Aeons to get destruction spheres from temples.

And even after all my work, I missed a few Al Bhed Primers in Home so I can't 100% it without a new game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/new_ace_attorney_title_to_take_place_in_the_past

Oaze0oX.jpg
The game, Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Ryuunosuke Naruhodou no Bouken, which roughly translates out (with my limited understanding of the Japanese language) to "Greater Turnabout: The Adventure of Ryuunosuke Naruhodo" (Nintendolife translates it as "Grand Revival of the Turnabout: The Adventures of Ryuunosuke Naruhodo, which is probably more accurate), takes place in Meiji Era Japan and is directed by the creator of the series and and director of the original trilogy, Shu Takumi.

Those of you who know Phoenix Wright's Japanese name, Ryuuichi Naruhodo, will quickly relate the two, and it's safe to say that Ryuunosuke is Phoenix's ancestor. I'm interested to see if this will come over given the setting; after all, the Ace Attorney series has taken great care in moving the setting from Japan to America. Some people speculate that, rather than Meiji Japan, it will take place in Civil-War (or more appropriately, Post-Civil War) America. Given the effort that would take due to the differences between contemporary America and contemporary Japan compared to Meiji-era Japan and post-Civil War America, I speculate that Phoenix's ancestor will either remain Japanese or the game just simply won't be brought over, which is a shame, because I'm excited to experience yet another Shu Takumi tale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back