• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I need some help.

About two weeks ago, I ran the game fine, until I suddenly got an error that prevented me from starting up the game period from then on out. The error after clicking 'Start Game' on the launcher said 'Failed to start Game. Cannot create a file when that file already exists.'

This was a persistent problem, likely related to something in the folder because redownloading the game and booting it up on a different folder resulted in the game running as normal. Making a copy of the old folder didn't work either. However, I could not retrieve my save file, on account of not knowing where the save files are and where the game reads the files from. I eventually gave up, deleted the old folder, and began playing again through the new folder.

However, a few minutes ago, the same error began happening again. It's likely unrelated to game progress because I had completed the current demo with the old folder, while I had barely defeated Bugsy in this new file.

I don't think it's related to Mystery Gift either, I initially thought it broke my old folder because it started happening after I stopped playing after downloading the Mystery Gift. This time, I didn't download the Mystery Gift.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
Hi! My friend and I are trying to play this game together. She downloaded it onto her computer, and I downloaded it to mine. She did the little update, and got the mystery gift, and started playing with no problem.

I, on the other hand.. It won't update, nor will it let me play the game. For both things, it says "Cannot load a reference assembly for execution." I've deleted the game and redownloaded it several times, hoping that might fix it.. But it hasn't. It still keeps doing the same thing.

I'm using Windows 7 because 10 sucks.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 6, 2015
i had the same problem...what u have to do is take all your files in your "save backup" folder and put them somewhere else...i put mine on my desktop idk if u can delete them or make a new folder...hope this helped. :)

-Steelminer12

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
i had the same problem...what u have to do is take all your files in your "save backup" folder and put them somewhere else...i put mine on my desktop idk if u can delete them or make a new folder...hope this helped. :)

-Steelminer12

Hi Steel, I don't know if you intended that for me or not, but I looked for a "Save Backup" folder, and do not have one. I don't even have a "Save" folder. Where would they be? Also, this what I have in my folders besides the maps: imgur.com/F84KEr7

-Ash

Alilatias

Bard by Trade
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
I believe steel's reply was directed at me.

In any case, thank you. It worked! I simply moved the files somewhere outside of the Eevee Edition folder, seems anywhere works.

(...Although I wonder WHY those files in that specific location would prevent the game from booting up. Strange.)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
If the mystery gift is supposed to be shiny data why did I get summon stones and Hyper Beam instead?
Mystery Gift will keep on changing from time to time. Right now it's a poison resist item.

I believe the last time I played was before the demo was shortened. I plan to get back into it when I can. How much has the story changed since anyway?
The story is mostly the same, but there's a bunch of new areas, corrupted pokemon, dialogue, features & polish. It's one gym further into the game than 0.6 was.

Hi! My friend and I are trying to play this game together. She downloaded it onto her computer, and I downloaded it to mine. She did the little update, and got the mystery gift, and started playing with no problem.

I, on the other hand.. It won't update, nor will it let me play the game. For both things, it says "Cannot load a reference assembly for execution." I've deleted the game and redownloaded it several times, hoping that might fix it.. But it hasn't. It still keeps doing the same thing.

I'm using Windows 7 because 10 sucks.
Looks like the launcher isn't playing nicely; You can manually boot the game by going in the Pokemon Eevee folder and selecting RPG_RT.exe

I believe steel's reply was directed at me.

In any case, thank you. It worked! I simply moved the files somewhere outside of the Eevee Edition folder, seems anywhere works.

(...Although I wonder WHY those files in that specific location would prevent the game from booting up. Strange.)
Yeah, there's a bug with the 0.753 launcher which causes it to stop starting when a 5th backup has been created. I'll be releasing an update in the week to address that.

Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Nov 13, 2016
Hi! I've been playing the game for quite some time now and I find it really cool (I just beat GeoSigma!). Good luck for the following versions!
Anyways, I just wanted to ask how to apply the Launcher to my game (I just realized it's needed for the Mystery Gift and that I've missed a lot of cool things), because it tells me my game isn't up to date (although I'm playing version 1.753) and it's unable to install an update. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm playing on a Windows Vista OS. Thanks for any answers!
PS : Will Xenon's grave appear in the Storyline or is it just an Easter Egg ?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2024
So first of all, I have to commend you for making a very, very addicting game. I started playing earlier this evening and by the time I got to Chuck's Gym, it was almost midnight. Didn't even realize the time had passed.

Bonus points to this game because Eevee is my all time favorite Pokemon.

Also the medium awareness everyone has is just perfect, I couldn't stop laughing.

I also like how you included Crystal and Silver, and especially how Silver develops over the story. This is the kind of character arc I wish he'd gotten in the canon games.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 27, 2018
Just a question, is this game completed?

This thread is labeled with a large yellow graphic before the title, which says "DEMO." If you look at the initial post, it lists the version number as 0.753. Typically versions below 1.0 are beta or unfinished.

Please, next time you have a question, take a moment to just LOOK at the thread first. The Demo tag on the thread couldn't be more obvious as you browse the forum.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
This thread is labeled with a large yellow graphic before the title, which says "DEMO." If you look at the initial post, it lists the version number as 0.753. Typically versions below 1.0 are beta or unfinished.

Please, next time you have a question, take a moment to just LOOK at the thread first. The Demo tag on the thread couldn't be more obvious as you browse the forum.

ohh right didn't notice it at all

DarkDoom3000

Years
Been bugfixing like mad, got a few of the big ones fixed up, namely backup saves getting full in the launcher, and eevee unequiping items.

A maintenance patch should be out within the week, it will fix various glitches, and add a few more side stuff. It won't advance the story though, that's for the next major update which will be out hopefully before the end of march.

Wasn't there something about an AI change in character or something?
Yeah, a few of them were reworked. The order you fight them rearranged too. and they're called hypervisors now (as AI's didn't really make any sense in terms of what they were)

darkdoom. you can synthesise items for only half of the pokemon types. The other half don't register/work
Yeah, takes a lot of time implementing and testing the refining system, so i've only got to half of them so far. New type refinements come every update though.

Hi! I've been playing the game for quite some time now and I find it really cool (I just beat GeoSigma!). Good luck for the following versions!
Anyways, I just wanted to ask how to apply the Launcher to my game (I just realized it's needed for the Mystery Gift and that I've missed a lot of cool things), because it tells me my game isn't up to date (although I'm playing version 1.753) and it's unable to install an update. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm playing on a Windows Vista OS. Thanks for any answers!
PS : Will Xenon's grave appear in the Storyline or is it just an Easter Egg ?
It's one of those weird bugs which only effects some people, works perfectly for me, but others have issues. I've got a workaround, so that it doesn't check the version of the game when doing mystery gift anymore.
That fix will come with the next update should fix that, for the most part.

The details surrounding Xenon's death will appear as a future plot point ;)

May I ask If this game completed?
Not yet. Still a few big updates to go.

So first of all, I have to commend you for making a very, very addicting game. I started playing earlier this evening and by the time I got to Chuck's Gym, it was almost midnight. Didn't even realize the time had passed.

Bonus points to this game because Eevee is my all time favorite Pokemon.

Also the medium awareness everyone has is just perfect, I couldn't stop laughing.

I also like how you included Crystal and Silver, and especially how Silver develops over the story. This is the kind of character arc I wish he'd gotten in the canon games.

Spoiler:
Hah, thanks for the kind words :)
Can't wait for people to experience what chapter 7 and onwards will contain.

DarkDoom3000

Years
K7lbEfN.png

Version 0.76 is coming soon!

• Explore silph co.
  • New sidequests and corrupted pokemon
  • Abandoned labs
  • New summon
  • Various bugfixes and...
  • New Game Plus!

I expect it to be out in a couple weeks

DarkDoom3000

Years
Just showcasing a new map..

Silph Co. Abandoned Labs
Years ago, Silph Co. managed to capture and research corrupted Pokemon in their underground labs. But, when they captured a corrupted legendary it became the catalyst for an incident which would cause the labs to be long abandoned.
Now lurking in it's depths remains rare items, lost research and multiple corrupted pokemon.

Speak to the Silph Co. president in the upcoming release of v0.76 and explore the ruin for yourself!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
Hi, I love this game, downloaded it some time ago. I had to take a break from playing for a while, and was eager to start again today. However, when I attempted to play, an error appeared, claiming "cannot create a file when that file already exists." When I re-downloaded it, it worked, but I no longer have my save data. Is there any way to get my original download to work, or get the save data over to my new, working save file? Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting back into it!

Years
Hi, I love this game, downloaded it some time ago. I had to take a break from playing for a while, and was eager to start again today. However, when I attempted to play, an error appeared, claiming "cannot create a file when that file already exists." When I re-downloaded it, it worked, but I no longer have my save data. Is there any way to get my original download to work, or get the save data over to my new, working save file? Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting back into it!

I've had that happen to me too. Apparently, the game creates a bunch of backup saves, but for some reason doesn't like it when there are five backup saves in the folder. The way I fixed it was to go into the Save Backup folder and cut and paste the .zip files into another folder — I just created a new folder in My Documents and dumped them there. Your actual save file is stored elsewhere, so you shouldn't have a problem playing after that. Hope that helps! :)

Back