• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
"jumptextfaceplayer" jumps to a handler which faces the player and shows the text. If you want the script to continue after that, you'll have to replace that command with something else. (Loadfont, 2writetext, etc)
For example, the script used by Red Gyarados:
Code:
#org 0x124F6F
'-----------------------------------
loadfont
2writetext 0x52D7 ' 0x1252D7
pause 0xF
cry 0x82
loadmovesprites
loadpokedata 0x82 0x1E
writecode 0x3 0x7 ' Shiny pokemon fight
startbattle
if == 0x1 0x4F86 ' 0x124F86
disappear 0xA
returnafterbattle
loadfont
giveitem 0x42 0x1
waitbutton
2writetext 0x52EB ' 0x1252EB
playsound 0x1
waitbutton
itemnotify
loadmovesprites
dotrigger 0x0
appear 0x2
end

#org 0x124F86
returnafterbattle
loadfont
giveitem 0x42 0x1
waitbutton
playsound 0x1
waitbutton
itemnotify
loadmovesprites
dotrigger 0x0
appear 0x2
end

#org 0x1252D7
= GYARADOS: Gyashaa!\e

#org 0x1252EB
= [PLAYER] obtained a\nRED SCALE.\e

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
"jumptextfaceplayer" jumps to a handler which faces the player and shows the text. If you want the script to continue after that, you'll have to replace that command with something else. (Loadfont, 2writetext, etc)
For example, the script used by Red Gyarados:
Code:
#org 0x124F6F
loadfont
2writetext 0x52D7 ' 0x1252D7
pause 0xF
cry 0x82
loadmovesprites
loadpokedata 0x82 0x1E
writecode 0x3 0x7 ' Shiny pokemon fight
startbattle
if == 0x1 0x4F86 ' 0x124F86
disappear 0xA
returnafterbattle
loadfont
giveitem 0x42 0x1
waitbutton
playsound 0x1
waitbutton
itemnotify
loadmovesprites
dotrigger 0x0
appear 0x2
end

#org 0x124F86
returnafterbattle
loadfont
giveitem 0x42 0x1
waitbutton
playsound 0x1
waitbutton
itemnotify
loadmovesprites
dotrigger 0x0
appear 0x2
end

#org 0x1252D7
= GYARADOS: Gyashaa!\e

#org 0x1252EB
= [PLAYER] obtained a\nRED SCALE.\e

Wow so many commands in there I haven't even heard of. Is it possible if you could take the time to explain a few of the harder commands in a README document for PKSV, that would help alot of us make our scripts better and use PKSV more often. It would help me, I just figured out how to use the "MOVE_CAMERA" function :P

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
um look at my tut (link in sig) OR read diegoisawesomes tut, because i think his might explain it better (if it's not that tut, it's thethethe's then, only replace "Pokescript/XSE" with "PKSV" and everything should work out ok...

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Actually, I have been using pksv. Great program too. But it was a bit unclear on event scripts that require walking over... Or maybe I'm missing the obvious.

Years
Umm hi I'm kind-of new to this scripting thing and I have a problem with scripts.

If I use a disappearing script like disappear 0x3 for example, the second I take a step in the game the sprite reappears and I can't move through it, so that gives me some problems.

I was also wondering how to do three other things.

1. Make a script activate the second a trainer battle ends
2. Make a script activate the second a wild pokemon battle ends
3. How to make a maptile change like a wall into a warp (or door) for example

If anyone could answer these I'd really appreciate it :)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Umm hi I'm kind-of new to this scripting thing and I have a problem with scripts.

If I use a disappearing script like disappear 0x3 for example, the second I take a step in the game the sprite reappears and I can't move through it, so that gives me some problems.

I was also wondering how to do three other things.

1. Make a script activate the second a trainer battle ends
2. Make a script activate the second a wild pokemon battle ends
3. How to make a maptile change like a wall into a warp (or door) for example

If anyone could answer these I'd really appreciate it :)

Make sure you set a flag after the "disappear" command, and in Advance Map set the person ID number to whatever the flag number was.

1) Use 0x1 for the "trainerbattle 0x0" part
2) ASM needed I believe unless your going to make an artificial Pokemon battle (a scripted battle).
3)I'm still learning that :P

Ready4failure

my friends and i on youtube...
Years
I have a small problem that I'm sure has happened to others before. I have a person telling the history of the town i made, and, as expected, it is quite long. When the person says it, the lines don't run right, they get cut off and overlapped instead of the conventional text.
(i.e "the history of this town is rather sad. the people say that" would look like
"The history of this town is rather (starts at the beginning of the line again) ple say that"
instead of
"The history of this town is rather
sad. the people say that"

I really need to fix this so I can actually make my hack (which WILL be awesome >.<). Anyone know how to fix this?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
yea, the simple fix is to use XSE and it's text converter, which will insert line breaks for you.
The other, and better option is to learn how to control the line breaks yourself. Hint: the approximate character limit is 30 per line on the textbox, and each "box" has two lines at a time...

Ready4failure

Years
and what are you leading to? I tried opening the script and breaking the lines up, but that didn't work. Would you mind just spelling it out, I barely have the attention span to figure it out myself, but if you tell me, I'll remember forever.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
err
If you give a man a fish, he has food for a day. If you teach a man how to fish, he can have food for life.
I would recommend reading a scripting tutorial.
Any of them will work for what you are doing, but since you seem to be using PKSV, i would look at my thread here or the PDF tut that score_under posted (check first post)
^--^
that was teaching you how to fish.
this is giving you a fish:
\n--makes a new line
\l--scrolls the bottom line up one, and generates a new line. \n must be used first
\p--makes a new box
(treat those like text)

Last edited:

Ready4failure

Years
u kno, I was checking it earlier in study hall before I read this, and realized my mistake..... I was using a "/" instead of a "\". I felt so dumb. Thanks anyways. I'm sure others will benefit from this too! >.<

Years
I'm really struggling with this scripting and admittedly this is the first time I've ever tried to use scripting, but you have to start somewhere. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a place that will give step by step instructions and list of all programs I'd need. Full Metal I looked at your tutorial and it seemed easy enough to understand, but some how I am still struggling.

Ready4failure

Years
Now, I really hate to sound this desperate, but this is really annoying me. I'm trying to insert a Jirachi sprite for an Event Battle, since Jirachi's sprite is not an option. But, even through Overworld editor, I could not find out how for the life of me. So, anyone know how?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
err...-.-
there are tuts on this, and it's pretty off-topic...
@a pepper-mint nightmare-
The tools you need for scripting:
PKSV (or XSE/PKScript/hex editor, but thats a bit of a learning curve)
A-map (or Elitemap/ hex editor, again, there is a learning curve)
i don't think thats all ur confused with though...could you be more specific?

Ready4failure

Years
well, i feel a bit embarrassed about posting all my problems here, so i'll ask them on a dif thread geared toward it.
on a more on topic note, the script editor is really nice, slow people like me appreciate such programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back