• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Isn't the ds resolution just one more tile all over?

Anyway, the Dew tiles are really good and well mapped, mostly. Some of the parts could do with a little rearanging and some of the tiles don't match the style very well. I don't really like the title screen, but maybe it looks better animated? 14 of all of the Fakemon are good in my opinion. Menu system looks nice and simple. Over all the front page looks a little tacky. Css can be good, but it doesn't seem to work with the colours you're using.

whats the point in criticizing something which I stated that is being revampes? You wasted your time friend.... The title screen is good, and I don't want to discuss about it. The fakemon part was really rude of you, I'm sure that a lot more on that are considered to be high standard, I see NO concrete game, with a as good quality/quantity proportion of fakemon... Actually, there are no fakemon game demo here other than Uranium. I also see no problem at all with the CSS... it's blue man, BLUE.

Please don't judge us by our old screenshots. We're busy with a major revamp and will be posting new stuff as soon as possible.

I like to answer to the posts like above just so you know =p.

Question, does that pig fakemon evolve from Mankey? cause that would be cool.
Um can I try to re-sprite some of the fakemon into d/p/pt style?
Oh btw, I'm looking foward to seeing some new screenshots :D

He actually evolves from Primeape, we are still not sure how it does, but it will be by holding a item or something else. Yes, this fakemon, as I said ( I think) was the first sprite to be revamped =].

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Question, does that pig fakemon evolve from Mankey? cause that would be cool.
Um can I try to re-sprite some of the fakemon into d/p/pt style?
Oh btw, I'm looking foward to seeing some new screenshots :D

The fakemon is Emperilla, and yes he does evolve from Primeape (as JV told you). I'm already in the process of revamping most of our fakes, but if you want to try it out for fun, go right ahead-- we like fanart. ^^

...We'll get a formal update together soon enough. We've got a lot to comb through before that happens, though. ;D

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
whats the point in criticizing something which I stated that is being revampes? You wasted your time friend.... The title screen is good, and I don't want to discuss about it. The fakemon part was really rude of you, I'm sure that a lot more on that are considered to be high standard, I see NO concrete game, with a as good quality/quantity proportion of fakemon... Actually, there are no fakemon game demo here other than Uranium. I also see no problem at all with the CSS... it's blue man, BLUE.
I thought it would be ok to cc on your current game. The title screen is good, in your opinion. I judged the fakemon by which I wouldn't notice weren't realy in a normal game, Ancanthithe and Nebula seem pretty concrete. I know it's blue, it just doesn't look that nice in my opinion and takes away from the actual great screens. I guess, like you said, I was wasting my time.

Years
He actually evolves from Primeape, we are still not sure how it does, but it will be by holding a item or something else. Yes, this fakemon, as I said ( I think) was the first sprite to be revamped =].

Maybe you can have a new form of evolution.
A Pokemon consumes a food then level up one level after.
There could be three foods that promote evolution.
Savage Herb
An exotic herb only found in the deepest parts of jungles. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

Oracle Spice
A rare spice only known to be made by a select few people, the spice is made with Enigma berries. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

Yum Yum Goo
This yellow light goo comes from rocks near rivers that are on top of mountains. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I thought it would be ok to cc on your current game. The title screen is good, in your opinion. I judged the fakemon by which I wouldn't notice weren't realy in a normal game, Ancanthithe and Nebula seem pretty concrete. I know it's blue, it just doesn't look that nice in my opinion and takes away from the actual great screens. I guess, like you said, I was wasting my time.
No, it's good on most people opinion, I only got positive feedback from it so far. Also, your concept of concrete seems distorted to me, I won't comment about these games but that is my opinion. Yes you were =].

Maybe you can have a new form of evolution.
A Pokemon consumes a food then level up one level after.
There could be three foods that promote evolution.
Savage Herb
An exotic herb only found in the deepest parts of jungles. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

Oracle Spice
A rare spice only known to be made by a select few people, the spice is made with Enigma berries. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

Yum Yum Goo
This yellow light goo comes from rocks near rivers that are on top of mountains. If consumed by some Pokemon, those Pokemon will evolve soon.

Those sounds like good names, I just don't know if they will fit the pokémon, but I'll try to!

Also, I and Zeph decided to create a Twitter account for Uranium! Look there for exclusive screenshots, gameplay tips, and bonus info.

http://twitter.com/PokemonUranium

I'll soon be posting there and here the first screens of said revamp, I'm sure you will all like it!

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2010
hey.. I've just downloaded Pokemon Uranium.. and it works good.. but you know, I need help with the Evolution Guide.. Could you make one? I think it's gonna be useful to the others too..

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
This game is one of mixed impressions. It looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it, and it would appear that much of that work has paid off. The custom tiles go well with the tilesets you used, the custom menus, trainer card, and maps all look excellent, and the game looks good.

My only real quibble is with the new Pokemon. They look like a combination of mixed sprites and custom additions, and they don't look as good as I feel they could. This is not meant as an insult, instead, it is merely meant to say that I think you could do better, if you continued learning how to sprite, and reworked them.

Overall, this thread has impressed me. It was put together in a professional manner, and it makes me want to try the game. Good work, and I hope you can turn out a finished product that is as fun as the thread makes it look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back