• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Research: [GENERAL THREAD] Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Hacking

CeFurkan0

Pokemon MMORPG PokemonCraft
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 13, 2011
hello folks

are there any place i can find HG/SS game maps other than bulbapedia

thank you

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
What are the tools for hacking the heroine back sprite?

Also how to hack the "sending Pokemon out to use HM move"* OW sprite

*For example: when Lyra send out Wartortle to use Surf, her OW sprite will move right?

Any help is appreciated!! [=

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
i havent found them either but you can take the japanese rom and edit that one, then drag the edited narc files into the usa rom

it works for me, i use poketex to edit and then drag the narc files to the usa rom

if you need any help on which files they are then just tell me ill post em

oh and my other account is chris12341 if you guys havent noticed, i made 2 because the first one wasnt able to get verified...until like a hour after i made and verified this account lol, idk what was up but i wasnt getting the verification e-mail

yeah, can u give me the file number?

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
hey i haven't done any hacking in a long long time and i forgot the name of the program used to open .nds files so i can change the starter pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
i need help!!!!
i want to move the trainers in pokemon diamond using ppre13,but i dont know how.
also i want to know how to get the national pokedex when you start the game using ppre13! Please Help me!:(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2010
Hi, Everyone I'm new to all this but i was thinking that Pokemon Heart gold and soul silver need to revamp. Don't get me wrong the remakes were great they just could have been better, don't you think? that why I'm proposing that we do something, i wish to add a new small island to the game, maybe around the Mt. Silver or the indigo plateau were u can battle any gym leader from all 4 regions, every elite 4 member and champion and maybe also every hero and rival.
P.S. maybe the frontier brains too
So what do u guy think? Anyone think they can help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2011
i don;t think you can edit the starter pokemon with ppre. I need something like A-starter. i want to change cyndaquill, chicorita and totdile.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
You guys need to see this
Pokemon_RASM_new_screen_part2_by_Rbz_project.png

Pokemon_RASM_new_screen_by_Rbz_project.png

Screen_Pokemon_RASM_13_by_Rbz_project.png

More here: http://rbz-project.deviantart.com/gallery

How come no one has done anything like this yet?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Doesn't look like a HG/SS hack to me, more like a game programmed from scratch (perhaps using a program like RPG Maker or Game Maker).

If you look carefully, it doesn't appear to be actual 3D, but rather 'mode 7'. If you look at the night-time screen of Rustboro (3rd one on the right), the two buildings at the bottom don't have any perspective. The bottom one is just zoomed in a bit more than the top one; they're both sprites, not 3D models.

That's some of the most impressive mode 7 work I've seen so far, though.

EDIT: It being French and having a dual-screen system reminded me of the Pokémon Script Project for RMXP. Checking on their forum, turns out I was correct: here's the thread. The screenshots in the thread don't appear to have been updated for a while, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
Hey, guys. I got a problem with Thenewpoketext, when I type mkrom x.nds, I wait for it to finish, but when I put it on an emulator it says " Rom Image Has Crashed" help?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
i dont know but try using a 3D game editor like:
Game maker

someone already has made a start!
LINK REMOVED.
"Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:28 PM
2mfbrl2.jpg

This is an engine ive been working the last few months, ive decided to release the source so i can start working on my own pokemon project...

You are free to use this engine, as long as you give me some credit
tongue.gif

Important:
Before you test the GM6 file remember to include the external files into the project, else you will get several error messages and the game wont run. The external files must be extarcted to a temporary folder created by the game

It also includes a small crappy map editor to make the .MEF files, read the readme.txt file for the controls and info

Download: (the files is a gm6, but its compatible with all later versions, even 8)
LinkA (This one is more updated and secure)
Link B
Gmk users - Thanks Mocgames998!

Please, do post what you think about it, so i can improove, fix, update, etc..
biggrin.gif
"

does it work???

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
Um... No. That's for Game Maker. But, I do once seeing a Pearl rom hack, like what we do. I'll have to find it though. :\

i mean does it edit the maps? i haven't tried cause i'm gonnar re put windows 7 on.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
well this is a start... if he lets us we should work more using Game Maker because of its 3D editing powers. using that source + the crappy editor we could get a one that works!
then we could
"rip" the part of "game maker" that we need to make a "stand along programe"

as for the ruby remake. they must have used a 3D game editor to make it.

Years
You seem to be misunderstood. Game Maker is for making games from scratch. It isn't used for hacking. I think this game was made from scratch to look like DPPT/HGSS but it isn't. You can't rip something from Game Maker that isn't there.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
If you're using game maker you shouldn't be in hacks you should be in game dev. Jeeze I thought we were the only ones with the issue.

Anyways the above thing is from PSP DS, which uses Game Maker you guys are getting horribly mislead by a few screens.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
I also want to change the starter in hgss.

Maybe i can use a hex editor to change the starter if i know the offset.

But I don't know the offset. So anyone know the offset?

Back