• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"I still think that old man is full of crap. None of us did anything, and if his story was true, then wouldn't you think at least one of us would try to kill other students while attacking the beast?" Kiroku asked. His voice was weak; his lack of will to conjure was barely enough to keep him walking as he suppressed the pain from his only injury in the fight. At first it felt like nothing, but when the combat high settled he progressively felt crappy. It didn't feel like he was bleeding on the inside, but the place where the turned student had hit him stung worse. Whatever powers he had, it was only usable in combat. "And wouldn't that mysterious lady that appeared from nowhere and called all that be more of a lead than us? Something tells me that this whole mess isn't simple. If it was, and that headmaster is correct, then this world is seriously screwed. On the other hand, all of us Earthlings being summoned may mean that we're the one's going to fix this mess. Then again, with such a rude take on the matter, I may not want to fix any of this. Goodbye." With that, the boy separated from the group and traveled his own way to Miharu's room.

As it turned out, a simple recount of the route to the Great Hall wasn't going to help. When he took one wrong turn somewhere, he immediately felt lost. This school was no doubt huge, and navigating it would take a while to master. There was also his physical and mental conditions to think about. The stomach pain was at most a mild annoyance, but he was mentally spent after his outburst. His legs could move fine, but he still staggered like he had been fatigued by days of battle. It was a war inside his head-- he didn't want to go back to Earth, but this new world was reminding him of the old one, as well. Random students walking by took on the shadowy contours of people from Earth. They'd give him a strange look if a particularly vengeful-looking one made the boy recoil. Ultimately, he felt weak and teetering between sanity and insanity. "I don't want to go back... I don't want to go back... Miharu...? Where are you?" Kiroku muttered to himself occasionally. She was nowhere to be found. "You have the key, Miharu. I can't go in without you... I don't want to go back..."

"Hey, kid!" a male voice called from down the hall. Kiroku looked up, seeing the shade of a more sinister person from Earth. His cruel, dark stare paralyzed the boy where he stood and walked over to him. The shade was getting bigger as it advanced, and by the time it was a few feet away its back was hitting the ceiling. Kiroku stepped back in attempt to get some needed air. "What's with the weapon? You'll give people the wrong idea walking around like that."

"Stay back! I'm warning you!!" Kiroku yelled back, raising his weapon in defense, "I don't want to go back! I'd rather go to the real Hell!!" Everything was coming back to haunt him at once. Bitter emotions bottled deep down were trying to surface-- trying to abuse his state of weakness. It was all so confusing.

"Easy, easy!" the teacher said, raising his arms in front of him, "I'm not going to hurt you. I heard about what happened down at the Hall, and it must've been really scary for you." The man peered at the boy's clothes after taking a second look. They were casual wear for sure. Inappropriate for school functions, so he must've been one of those commoner familiars that have been rumored to have been summoned today. Why he was alone and walking around with the weapon like the Reaper was looking for him was a more puzzling question. Maybe he saw it and was separated in the confusion? "Lower your weapon, and I'll help you. Are you lost?" Kiroku didn't respond with words. Instead, he muttered to himself as he relaxed his grip and slumped out of stance. He was still tense, though, because he couldn't see the teacher as anything but the shade. His legs trembled in his uncertainty. "There we go. Now, where were you headed?"

"M-M-Miharu's room," Kiroku hesitantly answered.

"Miharu? So, you're her familiar?" the teacher asked, placing a firm hand on the boy's shoulder, "I'll take you there." Directing the boy with his hand, the teacher took him back through the corridor and was leading him in the right direction. But man, the teacher was thinking to himself, did this boy look like hell. It was hard to say what might've happened, but he must be going through some kind of hysteria. Often times familiars develop a sense of shock soon after being summoned. If something traumatizing had happened or been seen, like the boy turning and attacking in the Great Hall, then that would explain the erratic behavior. At least in theory; there's no telling what might have set the boy off (then again, the incident in the Great Hall seemed a more likely event).

"Here we are. Miharu's door should be the fifth down on the left," the teacher said, pushing lightly on the boy's shoulder, "I haven't seen her around, but if I do I'll tell her you're waiting for her."

"Th-thank you," Kiroku said as he bowed with respect. With that, Kiroku walked down the corridor alone and arrived at the door mentioned. Knocking on it, Kiroku called for his mage on the other side. He tried several times, but it didn't seem to work. She still hasn't returned? Even after being lost for what seemed to be an hour! Could she have already fallen back to sleep? Or maybe he didn't do as well to deserve that nod...

In any case, the boy stepped aside and let his back lean against the wall. Slumping down to the ground, he lowered his head and hugged the naginata close. He wanted to feel close to something, and all he had was the weapon he picked up. Slowly, the boy yawned as he closed his eyes and fell asleep. It was a troubled sleep, and the shadows that he was seeing were all the more stronger in his own head. Unrestrained, they gathered and haunted his mind without remorse.

Eventually, the boy was laying on the floor in a deep sleep. A troubled look was on his face, and he was occasionally muttering "I don't want to go back." There was also a tear on the side of his face; it had managed to escape, and refused to slide down the boy's face any further.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Adria finally looked at Andre tears still falling a bit. He hadn't said anything yet and from the look in his eyes he seemed to be shocked. Adria stood up sadly and went to the other side of the room. "So now you know" she whispered. "Now you know something that no one in this school, not even the headmaster knows" she said looking out the window.

Adria looked back at Andre unable to read the expression on his face "I can trust you not to tell anyone right?" she whispered but before she could get an answer a note slid under the door. Adria picked it up and read it quietly before sticking it in her pocket. "I have to go pick something up from downstairs. Will you get the straw off the floor?" she said smiling softly at him not ordering him to do so but asking him nicely if he could giving him the option to say no.

Adria smiled at him again before she left the room heading downstairs. "Thanks for doing this for me Jen" she said smiling at the older student.

"It's no problem Adria. I owe you for helping me on my Essay" the red head replied looking at her friend. "I'll help you take it upstairs. Wind magic can lift the bed up easy." she giggled a bit "Good timing since my roomate just got her own room no need for an extra bed now. Also have you gotten one of the flyers yet?"

"Flyers? What Flyers?" Adria asked tilting her head only to be handed a piece of paper.

"Read it" Jen said smiling at her friend before using a spell of wind to lift the bed up "Come on" she said walking up the stairs after Adria the bed floating behind them.

Adria looked at the flyer as she went up the stairs stopping before her bedroom door to read it.

Tristein Academys New Familiar showcase!

As most of the noble familys will know, the second year students have summoned their familiars.

As a test of the mage and familiars skill and bond, we will once again be hosting the Familiar Showcase, A show which shows off how well the mage has trained their familiars and to show how well the bond between them has formed. The show will take place three days from now and will be an exciting occasion for all.

We will have a range of special guests but perhaps the most exciting is the princess of Tristein herself.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

We hope you will do your best to attend!

Signed: Prof. P. Awenston, headmaster of the Tristein academy for magical arts and their teachings.

That seems really interesting, I'll have to show it to Andre Adria thought before a thought that brought fear into her body hit her T-This means m-my father knows. H-He'll be coming when he sees I summoned a commoner he'll freak!!!

Last edited:

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"Oh and whats this about, do you know?"

Kenna quickly drank the potion and took one look at the flyer before putting it down. She knew what it was with out having to read it. She hated these showcases because it was a day of students to show of their magic to there family but that was not the situation for Kenna. She looked up at 'Mist' and realized that he was waiting for her to answer.

"I know what it is, it happens every year. I am not looking forward to this." Kenna sighed.

Her brother would have found away to come and see her just like all of the other parents. He would have been cheering her on and making a fool out of him self like used to always do but that didn't make him an idiot in her eyes, that made him special. To have him there was all Kenna wanted but things are just not the same. He was like a dad to her and as much as it pained her to admit it, she needed him now.

Kenna wrapped her arms around herself and she could not stop some tears from falling down her face. 'Mist' was looking at her with a concerned look on his face. She turned away from his gaze and grabbed the flyer. She made it into a ball of paper and threw it across the room. Then she lay down on her bed once again and started to cry harder, she didn't want to have 'Mist' see her cry but she could not help it. She closed her eyes.

"Those meetings mean nothing to me anymore."

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh was shocked by Kennas reaction to say the least.

He sat down on the bed beside her unsure of what to say.

He knew the pain she felt as it had affected him long ago.

Flashback:

"Get out!" A ten year old Josh, dressed in a black dress shirt, black jeans and black socks, screamed at his mother to leave.

She left with tears in her eyes as Josh fell to his knees on the floor of his bedroom.

How.... How could he have just abondened them like that. His father the nicest man in the world in Joshs eyes had abandoned him and his Mother for an "old flame", his Mother had explained it that way and Josh was so upset he told her to leave.

All the times him and his father spent together... had they meant nothing?!

The time he had taken him to the zoo because he had always wanted to see the elephants.

The time he had taken him for pizza because his Mother had grounded him.

The time he had the flu when his Mother was visiting her family and he had rushed home from work to help as soon as Josh had called him.

Did all that mean nothing anymore! He had thrown it all away for some woman he had met years ago...

Josh sobbed and tears fell around the floor.

He screamed in anguish and anger and began thrashing around his room, only serving to hurt himself and break his knuckles as he punched the wall.

Josh fell to the floor in pain and heartbreak... his father had left him, the one person who understood him most had left him... and now Josh was all alone.

End of Flashback.

"Listen Kenna..." Josh said, he was crying himself now, tears falling from his face onto his jacket, the damp spots simply fading into the dark colour.

"If anyone knows what your feeling... its me." Josh grimaced.

"and if you let that hurt control your life then you'll only become bitter and distant... and when you want to come back..." Josh trailed off.

"It'll be too late..."

Josh clenched his fists in anguish.

"Im going to tell you something I've never told anyone else. When I was ten my father abandoned me and my Mother for another woman. I felt the pain you feel now, only I also felt the sting and hurt of abandonment and heartbreak. I became distant and my family and friends began to drift away from and even fear me."

Josh stood up and looked at Kennas ankle.

"That looks better, come on and we'll get some breakfast or whatever you do hear... and Kenna..." Josh winced and frowned.

"Don't turn out like me..."

Josh opened the door and exited hoping to find Kenna coming behind him.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Kiroku persists with his thinking, and Kita lets him go. As he walks off, Toby arrives to take her back to his room. "Let's go, Kitten. We have things to do." Kita is surprised by his sudden force, grabbing her and hauling her away like that, and angered by him calling her "Kitten". As he tries to pull hjer up the stairs, she pulls her arm free. "What? What's gotten into you, Master?" Only a bit of anger is reflected in her voice.

Toby keeps going, and Kita seems compelled to follow. She keeps pace, finding it easier to obey than resist. Toby starts talking, sounding frustrated. "Why didn't you do anything back there? Don't you have some familiar power?" Kita averts her eys, staring at her feet. "I, I don't know. I didn't feel anything. What do you mean?" Her anger is immediately replaced by guilt, and she meekly trails behind.

When they reach their room, Kita goes to her pile of straw, sitting down quietly. She thinks about all that has happened, and what could come next. "Master? Is there anything you need me to do?"

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Andre followed his summoner back into their room, and watched as she locked the door behind them. Apparently she didn't want anyone to know about this. "It's not just you" she whispered standing in front of a mirror in her room looking at the cut on her forehead. "it's boys in general I'm scared of, but I don't feel as scared around you now." When she finished her little statement, Andre sighed in relief. At least there was nothing wrong with himself, and it's even better than she wasn't scared around him any more. But the question was: Why? What was she afraid of boys?

"It's a really long story that no one knows about." she sighed more sitting on the floor. "I've never trusted anyone enough to tell them what happened to me" she said patting the spot next to her and Andre walked over and sat next to her. "my father went to Tristein and he managed to master water magic while I can't cast a single working spell."

She never trusted anyone enough to tell them, but right here, right now, she was telling Andre, a commoner, her familiar for less than a day. Finding it awkward, Andre couldn't help smiling as he was delighted that he was trustworthy enough. Listening to her, she continued.

"My mom died giving birth to me so he's always been hard on me. Pretty much all of my life he'd have me try to cast spells, when I failed..." she paused, tears building up as she looked away from him still "w-when I failed... h-he'd beat me" she whimpered trying not to cry.

Andre was devastated. Despite how boring and meaningless his life was, Adria's life sounded much worse. Heck, it probably was worse. Speechless for a while, Andre did the only thing reasonable. He reached for her hand, pulling her up to her feet, both of them standing before each other, then before Adria could burst into tears, Andre wrapped his arms around her and gave her one large hug, leaving her speechless as well.

"I won't tell anybody about this." Andre whispered, hugging her tightly, "And I promise that you're life would be better in the future. Trust me."

Just then, a note slipped through the gap under the door, and after reading it for a while Adria turned to Andre, saying that she had to go pick up something. Nodding and shrugging, Andre watched as she left the room, closing the door behind her. Looking at the stack of hay on the floor, Andre frowned. How to make them disappear? There was only one way, and Andre smirked when he looked at the window....

"Well that's done." Andre spoke to himself, smiling as the room was totally clean and sparkling, without a sign of hay anywhere, "Dumping it out the window was easy. Dusting the place was easier."

Looking around, the place DID look tidier without the hay, but it was far from neat though, as the books were scattered on the floor, and the whole room was a total mess. Looking at the clock, he knew she wasn't going to return soon, so he got up and made her bed, fluffing the pillows and folding the blankets, then grabbed the books scattered on the floor and placed them back onto the tall bookshelves. After that, he dusted and cleaned the place again, making the place sparkling clean. He had to do these at home as well (training) so he knew exactly what to do. And with Volo it wasn't too hard. Although it wasn't hard, it was tiring and after the work, Andre sat on the edge of her bed, waiting for her arrival.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Adria looked at the flyer for another minute before Jen said "Go make sure there's a spot to put this in Adria"

Adria giggled putting the flier in her pocket. "Of course there should be a spot" Adria said smiling giggling when Jen playfully hit her arm.

"In your mess of a room I'd be surprised" Jen giggled which made Adria laugh.

"It's not that messy" she giggled before opening the door "Stay here" she said sticking her tongue out at her best friend before entering the room.

Normally Adria's room is a mess. Books piled everywhere, bed never made, everything dusty. Things had gotten worse when she had to add the hay pile to the room. But once she entered the room she froze looking around in awe. For once since her first year here she could see the floor in her room. The rarely used bookshelves had all her textbooks and other books on them neatly and her bed was made. She also noticed the hay was gone and smiled brightly at Andre as he sat on her bed "You did all this?" she said before hugging him as he nodded and stood "Thank you I've never seen my room so clean, but you didn't have to" she said kissing his cheek.

Right away they both blushed and Adria walked over to the window looking out it. "S-Sorry shouldn't have done that" she said shyly staring outside before remembering the flier. "Oh the Familiar Showcase is in three days." she said handing him the flyer before looking away again.

"The Princess will be here as well as the Nobel Families which includes my father" she said sighing a bit before a loud knock was heard on the door.

"Adria Marie Penrose! How long does it take to clear a spot for this thing!" Jen yelled.

"Oh I forgot" Adria muttered under her breath giggling a bit before opening the door "Put it in front of the window Jen" she said smiling.

Jen nodded and brought the bed into the room with the same spell and let it lower in front of the window. "One twin bed just as you asked for Adria" she smiled before seeing Andre "Who's this?"

Adria giggled and smiled at the two "Andre this is my Best Friend Jenifer but eveyone calls her Jen. Jen this is my Familiar Andre"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu, in a hallway that was surprisingly empty, suddenly froze.

****, I cannot believe that I forgot about Kiroku. Kami-sama, I feel like such an arse.

Miharu took off running, going through a shortcut in order to get to her room faster. She stopped when she noticed Kiroku was sleeping on the floor in front of her door, tear streaks on his face. Unknowingly, tears appeared in Miharu's eyes.

"Kami-sama, I am so sorry," she said out loud as she knelled down to Kiroku. "I really should have made a copy of the key and given one to you...Kami-sama, I am sorry."

((OOC: Whether or not Kiroku heard that/wakes up, is up to you. ;) ))

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"... Kami-sama, I am sorry," was all that Kiroku heard as he stirred from his sleep. Vision still fuzzy, he stared at Miharu as he tried to bring things into focus. The tear drop slid the rest of the way down his cheek and hit the naginata. How long was that nap?

"Mi...haru?" Kiroku asked, the mage being the first thing he could see clearly. She wasn't touched by the bitter thoughts; her form being as it would normally. Tears wanted to fall down her face, but they didn't seem ready to. It must not have been a while since he last been awake because he still felt weak in spirit. Over the years, the boy had developed a way to cope by "resetting" after falling asleep. He could be angry, happy, sad, or even scared and he'd wake up relaxed. But now, raising himself to sit up, he had woken up to someone he considered as a kind entity. She brought me here; as good as saved me, Kiroku thought, dropping the weapon as he reached out for the girl.

"I don't want to go back... to Earth," Kiroku said in a half-whisper, embracing Miharu and managing to complete the phrase that was on his mind, "Thank you for releasing me from that Hell. I'm sorry for troubling you-- I don't want to feel like a burden anymore." He wanted to cry, too, but he could only hold the mage tighter as he rested his forehead on her shoulder. Maybe out in the hall was a bad place for this, but appearance was the least of Kiroku's priorities at that moment.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu froze when Kiroku hugged her. She could barely remembered the last time she had been hugged; it had been so long...Maybe when she played with that girl when she was smaller. Other than that, her parents had never hugged her, or shown her any love. However, it was not really the time to remember the past; Kiroku needed her. She wondered what happened on Earth to make him so...broken. Whatever it was, it was probably worse than what happened to her. Miharu, hesitantly, returned the hug.

"Let us go inside the room and talk," she whispered. "Maybe...it would feel better if you could tell someone what happened to you in Earth."

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh closed the door behind himself as he left.

He didn't know if Kenna was going to follow him... but he wasn't stopping. He managed to make his way to the bottom of the spiral staircase before he stopped and punched the wall. He felt a sharp stinging pain but he didn't care.

He had tears rolling down his face and he was angry at himself.

Why? Why had he told her that? He had allmost told her last night aswell. He barely knew this girl and he was still willing to say his darkest secrets to her.

All around him he felt the pressing gazes of the schools pupils. They snigered at him, frowned at him and pitied him. The last one of these stung the most. "How pathetic I seem to them." He thought.

"A lowly commoner... in the nobals school?! move from my path!" A voice shook him and the hilt of a sword was swung at his temple, he caught it to see a man with navy blue eyes and straight blonde hair of a similar length to his own standing over him with a stern look on his face. He wore marble white armour with a black chainmail suit beneath.

Josh stood up to full height and matched the mans aggresive stance.

"Make me." He muttered.

The man was taken aback and his eyes widened with shock. H wasn't used to being back answered.

This man, with the blonde hair, blue eyes and stern but young face, unbeknownest to Josh, was Emil Landcroff, captain of the princess Leonda Hyacenths personal guard.

Emil straightened himself and peared into the Joshs eyes, livid with anger.

He removed his gauntlet and threw it onto the ground.

Josh looked at it confused when another voice broke the room, it was filled with worry and concern.

Suddenly a beautiful young woman with long purple hair stood beside Emil. She had a beautiful face which made the other females in the room fall in shame. She wore a long pink dress that looked like something out of a medieval convention. She wore a crystal tiara upon her head. This was the princess Leonda Hyacenth, recently arrived for the familiar showcase which would start in two days.

"Emil please, withdraw your challenge, this is a simple commoner he meant no harm!"

Josh suddenly understood what was being done. In school he had learned that medievil knights would throw down there gauntlets as a challenge of a dual of honour. The challenge was accepted by picking up the opponents gauntlet and handing it to him. Josh walked towards the gauntlet.

"But my lady!...." Emil pleaded followed by a stern look from the princess.

"Sigh..... fine I will let this slide just this once commoner but don't.... gasp!" Emil was flabbergasted to find Josh standing before him with the gauntlet outstretched.

"I accept." He murmured.

Emil smirked and took the gauntlet.

"Im sorry your majesty..." Emil stated.

"But even you don't have the authority to stop an accpeted dual of honour."

Leonda grimaced.

"Fine just don't hurt him..." She said.

Josh stood in a makeshift arena made by a circle of watching students. Emil stood at the opposite side, his sword, an English rapier, in his hand. Josh stood in a defensive stance with his gunblade drawn.

Emil smirked.

"Begin!" he cried as more and more students gathered.

Emil charged at Josh with blinding speed and struck him down easily. Repeatedly attacking him, slash after slash until....

Josh parried and thrust causing Emil to jump back, with a small ammount of surprise on his face.

The two mens swords clashed repeatedly. Josh let out a spinning slash causing Emil to dodge and thrust, said thrust was then parried by Josh who then took a swing and knocking off Emils shoulder blade as he did.

"Not bad... for a commoner."

Emil charged forward and the battle raged on as students began to tell their friends and more and more people began gathering.

The princess Leonda stood a few meters away surrounded by guards. All she could do was let out a weary sigh.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku nodded as he picked the weapon up as he stood up with Miharu. She grabbed her key and unlocked the door, allowing him in first. The boy hurried into the room and tossed the weapon onto the pile of hay. He was about to sit down with it, but the mage spoke up as she locked up. "Sit on the bed and talk," Miharu said, gesturing to her bed. Although hesitant, the boy decided to do as instructed and sat down on top of it.

"It's kind of hard to pick where to start. I don't talk about myself that often," the boy said as he frowned. Miharu seemed to understand.

"How about family? What was the beginning like?" Miharu suggested.

"My parent's separated when I was three years old. I lived with my dad," Kiroku started, feeling a headache erupt as flashes of memories appeared for no reason. This wasn't going to be easy. "I never saw my mom that much, and my dad wasn't anywhere close to being a supportive and nurturing parent. He didn't strike me, but as I grew up nothing I did was ever good enough for him. I could get high marks in school and he'd complain that the dishes weren't done or that my room was a mess. He was indolent and flaunted his authority over me like he was some kind of warden... I suppose you could say I never got enough love back then." That wasn't so bad. Recounting all of it was difficult on the nerves, but he managed.

"I didn't have friends, either. I grew up at the end of a dead-end road in the outskirts of town, so I had to rely on my dad to provide rides. With the indolence in mind, you can imagine how often that was," the boy continued, looking around the room as he tried to find something to focus on, "... That became a problem as I started school. Without any friends, I was alone. Some people talked to me, but for the most part I was pushed around and bullied. The teachers didn't help-- I got into one-sided fights and picked on constantly, but no one did anything about it. I cried a lot back then. But, one day..." Kiroku stopped. He knew what he wanted to say, but the words didn't want to come out. He had decided to focus on his own reflection in the mirror on top of the dresser, but seeing himself at this point didn't help. His gaze lowered to the dresser itself. "... I stopped. I began bottling my emotions up and did what I could to ignore people. They still tried to break me, but they found it more difficult than before. There was a wall separating me from everyone else, and it only got stronger the more they tried. I didn't express my emotions often-- no one really cared in the first place. My change made me a harder target, but it started a new game."

Kiroku paused as he took a deep sigh. Admitting all this to Miharu was a little embarrassing. But he had to continue; there was no sense troubling her now without giving the whole story. "People changed their tactics and made it out like I was the monster. I was this unfeeling creature that no one ever bothered before. Somehow I became the bad guy for shutting people out. And it wasn't just kids at school," the boy said as he raised a hand to cover half his face (though his fingers parted so he could still see with the eye) and trembling slightly, "Everyone made it out like it was the truth. I didn't want to have to defend myself, but I had no other option. And even when I tried to open up they'd turn me away or force me back inside myself.

"I learned a truth about Earth: everyone was miserable, but they liked it. People loved their own misery-- they couldn't live without it. But what they hated most was people who could outdo them and make them feel like it was insignificant. I could easily do that to the people around me, but they used other people as scapegoats. I couldn't beat starving children across the world nor people who died from serious illness or injustices, so they used them to ignore me and save their own sadness. all of it worked to their advantage, and I started to attack myself on the inside for feeling the way I did." Some tears began falling, but Kiroku held the majority of them back. He disliked talking about it at-length like this, and he started to feel like it was all just petty squabbling (an example of what he was talking about, but he still felt bad about it).

"The only thing I really had back on Earth was my academic success. I worked hard, and was the very top of my class. I could take pride in it, and it was like my small glimmer of hope. I should have guessed that people would try to take that from me, too," Kiroku said as he lowered his head and resisted the urge to just cry, "They accused me of falsifying my grades; both by bribing teachers and hacking into the computers. They were insignificant rumors when they started, but it grew into this huge war against me. When you summoned me, they had already suspended me until they could find the evidence to charge me. They probably think I ran away, but I don't care about that. When they took my one shard of hope and pride away they left me with nothing. I wanted to disappear... and I guess I got my wish."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu hesitated slightly, before enveloping Kiroku in a hug.

"I am sorry that you have to go through that," Miharu stated. "If I could, I would find a way to Earth and beat all those people up. No one should be treated that way-" No one but me because I deserve it "-and I am glad that you trust me enough to tell me all this." It made her feel sad that she didn't have the strength that he had; allowing someone else to see his pain, the thing that made him almost broken. Kiroku had strength and courage, something that Miharu lacked. She would, probably, never be ready to share anything about her past. And she was right to assume that he had it worse than her; whatever pain she had gone through was not as bad as the pain he through; he didn't deserve his pain, she did.

"You have a friend in me, and most likely, with the rest of the human familiars," declared Miharu. "Although, I am not quite as sure with their masters and I cannot really speak for them, you definitely have a friend in me."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Kiroku could help but make a small laugh when Miharu said she'd beat all of them up. And he was her friend. That sounded a lot better than being just a familiar and master. It gave him the push he needed to let his tears flow. He reached out and hugged Miharu back, though closer this time. His head was beyond her shoulder (that way his tears didn't get on her uniform), and his fingers trembled slightly as they pressed against the mage's back to keep her close. I'm doing it; crying. I can't believe this... Kiroku thought as let himself continue, though ready to stop if instructed, It's like the Earth was on me until now.

"Even if it's not all the earthling familiars, and none of their magi, I'm glad to know you're my friend," Kiroku said in between huffs of air, "I think I'll like it here-- but, if you would do me a favor, please excuse my impulses to help in battle. Naturally I wanted to protect you today, but something was making it into an uncontrollable urge. If it offends you, I'm sorry."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu would have shrugged, if it wasn't for the fact that Kiroku's head was kind of over her shoulder.

"I think you might have the familiar ability Psychicae Nectunt. Er, I guess I did not explain this well enough; as a familiar, you gain powers that come naturally to you. Psychicae Nectunt is an ability in which you well get a feeling when your 'master' is in trouble and gain even more enhanced fighting ability while fighting alongside them. That might be why you get those feelings. Just...try to understand that I can actually fight, more physically than magically actually, strangely, and I might not need that much protection. I would feel terrible if you got hurt from protecting me, just as I assume that you would feel terrible if I got hurt protecting you, or got hurt under your 'protection' so to say. But, if we are going to be in battles, you have to realize that we are going to get hurt, no matter how hard we try or not. What we can do is watch each other's backs; like a true partnership. Just, promise me that you will look after yourself as well."

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
"I understand, and you're right. After that flip over me I'll try and keep it in mind more often. You don't have to worry about me, though," Kiroku said, starting to cool off. It might not have been as long as he thought it'd last, but it did the trick. He was feeling a lot better now... Even if he was still hugging her so closely. "If I have Psychicae Nectunt, then I'm going to keep myself alive to keep your back. I'll do my best to not get carried away, though."

Kiroku looked over and saw his hay bed. It was rather crude, but still it provided a lot of comfort. Maybe he was just weird, but he could even manage on the floor if he was forced to. He was glad he didn't have to, so the hay was fine unless it was an obstacle. Although, now that the tender moment was pretty much ending, it begged a question.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Kiroku asked.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Miharu caught his glance at the hay bed. "If needed, or wanted, I should be able to get an order for a bed in today. It should be tonight, if I get it in soon. As for what to do now..." Miharu trailed off.

"I may have classes today, although they might have cancelled it due to what happened last night. Either way, I could show you a tour of the castle. And you know what? Screw appearances, walk in front of me, walk beside me, I do not care. This is a partnership; not a slavery."

Miharu smirked slightly. "Plus, I am fairly good at manipulation; good enough that I would be able to get out of trouble, or get them confused enough to ignore us. So, what do you say?"

Suddenly, a loud voice walked passed the door. "I heard that there was a fight between one of the head guards of the princess and one of those commoners! Dude, this is going to be so epic! That commoner is going to get his arse kicked!"

Miharu blinked slightly. Was it only the princess that arrived early, or did all of the nobles did so? "Oh, I forgot to mention, there is apparently...Well, read the flyer." She hadn't even realized that she still had the flyer gripped in her hand. She held the flyer in front of his face for him to grab.

((OOC: Are they...still hugging? o.O))

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
(OOC: Now that you say it, I don't have the foggiest, but I'll set the record straight)

Kiroku had let go as soon as Miharu looked away to stare at her familiar's bed. He decided to get up and wipe his eyes and face of any extra water still remaining. "It's ok, I don't really need a new bed, to be honest," Kiroku said as he picked up some of the hay and then let it go again, "I actually slept well on it... and I'm used to sleeping on the floor, too. But if a bed would be better than all that hay then I'll take a bed." He was a bit surprised at the sudden decision to allow him to walk where-ever in relation to Miharu, too. It sounded nice, but before he could answer the voice on the outside cut him off. One of the earthling familiars were fighting with a guard? If it was true, then it had to be that one with the gunblade... whatever his name was. As far as Kiroku could tell, they were the only two that picked up weapons when that boy turned. And then Miharu held out a flyer for him to read:

Tristein Academys New Familiar showcase!

As most of the noble families will know, the second year students have summoned their familiars.

As a test of the mage and familiars skill and bond, we will once again be hosting the Familiar Showcase, A show which shows off how well the mage has trained their familiars and to show how well the bond between them has formed. The show will take place three days from now and will be an exciting occasion for all.

We will have a range of special guests but perhaps the most exciting is the princess of Tristein herself.

Leonda Hiyacenth!

We hope you will do your best to attend!

Signed: Prof. P. Awenston, headmaster of the Tristein academy for magical arts and their teachings.

"So the government of the land in this part of the world is a monarchy, huh? That's cool. And I'm guessing this princess must be rather special if she's the most note-worthy of special guests," Kiroku thought out loud, reaching out and grabbing his naginata as he continued to read the note, "As for this showcase... what is it? Some kind of tournament or something? Oh well, who about you explain it to me on the way down. If what that person was saying was true, then we should go down there and show support for one of our own. We can walk side-by-side along the way."

Kiroku walked to the door with a small look of annoyance. He could hear what that person said at the end clear as day. It was a big mistake to underestimate an opponent, and another to assume that the odds are one way without any facts. As far as Kiroku knew, if that familiar was the boy with the gunblade, then they were all in for a surprise. "Then again, I shouldn't be taken lightly, either," Kiorku thought out loud again, staring at the button of the naginata, "I guess we'll have to show everyone our strength in the following days. Him today, and me at the showcase."

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Once 'Mist' had shut the door behind him, Kenna started to cry harder. She wrapped her arms around herself. Why did they have to do the Familiar showcase thing anyway? If she already didn't already feel lonely enough, she was going to have watch all the other students with there families and having a good time. Kenna wanted to be like then, to have a family to lean on and support you.

She reached over to her bed side table and picked up a photo of her and Tristan. It had been her 10th birthday, Kenna and Tristan had gone for a walk in the park. She had her hair in pig tails and was stood on a log. She was wearing a huge grin and leaning against Tristan who had one arm around her shoulder and was stood right behind her. His brown hair was resting neatly around his face and he had on the same grin as Kenna. His birthmark was in the same place as Kenna's, under her eye. She missed her brother so much and wished she could see him one more time to tell him how much he had mean't to her.

"Tristan, I need you." Kenna whispered.

Kenna had heard what 'Mist' had told her and it sounds like he has a harder life then what she does, she almost felt guilty for missing her brother when 'Mist' was going to be missing his full family because of her. It made her sick to think of the things he might be going through with right now. Kenna stood up and wiped her tears because she knew there was no point in crying over all of this. She had to follow 'Mist' and make sure that he did not get himself into trouble.

Once she reached the door handle and opened up her door, Kenna noticed that she felt no pain, that potion 'Mist' gave her must of worked very well. She gave a sigh of relief and started to walk down the corridor. She had no idea where he would be so she just decided to look around and hope trouble did not find him first.

It turns out that she did not have to look far, once she reached the bottom of the stair case and turned the corner, she found 'Mist'. Her hope that he had not got into any trouble smashed when she saw him fighting with Emil Landcroff. The princess was stood a few feet away and was sighing. Kenna walked up to her and bowed her head in respect.

"It is nice to see you again Princess." Kenna told the princess.

"And to you Kenna." Leonda smiled as she gestured for Kenna to stand next to her so they could both watch the duel. What had 'Mist' done now? She watched with wide eyes as Emil attacked and 'Mist' defended himself. She could not leave him alone for one minute.

"Princess Leonda, what is going on?" Kenna whispered.

"Emil requested a duel with that poor Commoner and he accepted. I have no power to stop them but I just hope no one gets hurt."

"I see. That sounds like something 'Mist' would do." Kenna said while trying not to giggle.

"You know this Commoner?" The princess asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, he is my Familiar."

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Leonda looked down at Kenna. She had been one of the students who had summoned a commoner? The princess' brow furrowed... she would have never suspected that this commoner had been a familiar. The princess remained silent, deciding not to speak on the subject any further.

Josh was loosing badly.

He had cuts all over his body, this man was too fast.

Emil charged again but joshs hands took on a life of their own. He quickly clicked his gunblade and shot a bullet at Emil knocking him back and gashing his leg.

Josh noticed his contract ruins were glowing. He turned his head to see Kenna by the princess and smiled.

Emil made another charge at Josh but it was pintless. With Psychae Nectunct in effect Josh could easily anticipate and dodge his opponents moves. Once Emil had tired Josh smacked him down with his sword hilt. He held the blade to Emils neck... he had won.

Or so he thought. Emil quickly tripped Josh up and got up himself Josh managed to barely keep himself upright.

The two men locked eyes fiercly and the crowd went silent with awe. Josh made a swing at Emil and Emil parried.

The men furously fought their strikes so precise they're very swords edges matched and deflected each other perfectly.

A blue haze grew around Emil, *That cheaters using water magic!* Josh thought.

*C'mon! If I'm a familiar I have to have some raw power, or something.* Josh felt Kenna presence waying in on him, his powers increasing as he realised that she was there in more ways then one.

Josh closed his eyes.

*Thats it! Thats my power! When Kennas with me I get more poweful, but in a different way to other familiars... Is this what Psychae Nectunct really means?!*

Emil charged towards him and launched a massive spike of ice at Josh.

Just before it struck a black glow surrounded Josh, it eminated from his ruins. Joshs eyes snapped open and he began to furiously chop away at the massive icicle that had been flung at him, it looked as if the icicle had gone through a woodchipper.

Emil looked in shcok as his opponent countered his magic like it was nothing.

"He's...He's... Gandalfr..." Emil murmured, he was taken aback at first but then his eyes burst to life with determination.

"Nobody... Nobody insults a nobles honour and gets away with it!!!" Emils blue glaze blasted into a full forced glow and was only forced back by Joshs black.

The two men charged furioulsy at each other, their weapons infused with the pure essence of psychae nectunct and the spirits of water respectively.

Emil cried with all his might, the words of his magic.

"Spiritus aquae! Hostem ferire, meum decus et defendere!!!"

Words came to Joshs mouth but he didn't understand them, they simply blurted out.

"Virtus usitatis dominum! Nulla potentia nostra defendere ac tueri psychicae pagina utraque!"

The two mens blades collided and created an explosion, the wind from it pushing back some students.

When the light cleared the two men stood crouched down on one knee. Weapons sprawled across the floor. They looked into each other eyes.

"Your resolve of honour..." Josh murmured.

"I respect that..."

Emil smiled and held out his hand.

"Your not so bad yourself... for a commoner..." The two men smiled and shook hands.

Then simultaneously they fell on the ground, unconcious and injured.

After the battle had ended. The remainder of the princess' guard cleared the students and brought the two fighters to the princess' private medical tent.

Leonda had brought Kenna with her, when she went to check on them.

Kenna didn't really had a choice since the princess had half dragged her along.

In the hospitals private tent, Josh and Emil lay in seperate beds bandaged up from their fight.

Josh opened his eyes to hear Emil snoring loudly on the other bed.

He saw the princess and Kenna standing over him and he realised he was in a tent packed up with medical supplies.

"W...what happened?" He murmured.

Back