• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
Years
I thought of that also (and believe I mentioned in other chat), due to all the rivers, and this being based on france it'll make sense...maybe we'll go on a ride in a ferry with the antagonist xD.

Lol that would be too awkward! What would the converation be :P
You: ...................................................................
Antagonist dude: So I see youre a young trainer on a journey yes?
You:....................................................................
Antagonist dude: Yes....... I remember those days... Did you know that I'm a crime lord?
You:...................................................................!
Antagonist dude: *Monologue* So finally.... MY PLAN IS TO USE THE *insert games legendary here* TO TAKE OVER THE ENTIRE KALOS REGION!!!!
You:*ellipses along the lines of "I wont let you!"*
Antagonist dude: Try and stop me!
You: *Push him off the boat*

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As others have said, I do not think Kalos is linked to Unova. I thought that it could be as well, but the routes do reset in Kalos like they did in Unova. So I don't think it will be linked. They may be thinking about using that train in the 7th Gen if it takes place in Germany. They had already started working on this game when 5th Gen first came out. The hint was the French people on Route 16 ( I think) and the Game Freak guy saying, I am working on an idea for the next game In Castelia City.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's right Lugia was catchable in a cave with a incave waterfall from which it comes out of to battle you (well in SS it comes out of the waterfall). If there's a cave involved in any legendary capture I'll imagine it being Yvetal but that'll be the path to get it, like we may need to enter the cavern in the large mountain in the map and climb to the top and eventually arrive outside or to a crack in the mountain that allows one to see the sky and suddenly Yvetal can attack from the sky/cloud like Lugia with the waterfall.

blue

gucci
Years
Im amazed nobody thought about this yet but I mean, what if instead of trains, since the land is filled with rivers and waterways.... What if there is a new travel mechanic that lets you get on a gondola/ferry/miniboat/or just your pokemon that knows surf. And ride around the region like that. If I knew how to post pictures on here then I would show you how I mapped it all out but whatevs.

Here it is. I know my mousewriting and stuff sux but....... Deal.

Y'know I'm surprised I didn't think of that, what with all the rivers flowing through France I think it would be a great way to get around. It would certainly be a new transport system for the world of Pokemon and it would fit in with the whole European theme.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think I actually did bring that up awhile ago (at least I think I did, but I probably just had it in my head and never said it =P), but obviously I agree that'd be a really cool idea. There are pretty much rivers all around the river that connect most of the region, so it'd definitely be cool to see ferries that would carry around the region on the water. If not, it'd still be fun to Surf on the rivers as a way of travel as well.

Years
I sure hope we get to at least surf on them, Unova didn't give us much of a chance to ride it's rivers all the way up, and all the other regions had small rivers (the most fun I think were Hoenn's as some of them had waterfalls in them, and it'll rain occasionally, oh and capturing feebas), and in Hoenn's case most of the Surfing was on the open sea.

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
I really think that Gamefreak is going to use Unova as a DLC... and a rather expensive one.

I don't think Gamefreak would ever have a DLC. They haven't done one for any DS game yet, so why now? Also, since the very beginning, players have always been enticed to play with friends and do all kinds of multiplayer interaction. Just being able to BUY a completely separate region would exclude the people who don't buy it from participating in this. I don't really think they would do that..

Years
Well some of the legendaries in japan require one to pre order a ticket to the movies to get a certain legend, that's as close as they've gotten. Also Gf don't have much titles they made that have come out in systems with DLC. Mystery dungeon which irc is made by another group does have DLC though, so it's not alien to the franchise as a whole.

Now a whole region or a large area the size of unova sounds like a lot...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't really see Unova as a DLC add-on to Kalos. If anything, I'd hope that they would stray away from Unova. I don't want to re-visit the same region for the third time in a row, and I'm hoping Game Freak will recognize that's a silly decision. It really appears like Kalos itself has enough going on for it to where we won't need another region to explore as post-game content. If anything, I'd rather just have another mini area that's exclusive to Kalos itself.

Years
I don't really see Unova as a DLC add-on to Kalos. If anything, I'd hope that they would stray away from Unova. I don't want to re-visit the same region for the third time in a row, and I'm hoping Game Freak will recognize that's a silly decision. It really appears like Kalos itself has enough going on for it to where we won't need another region to explore as post-game content. If anything, I'd rather just have another mini area that's exclusive to Kalos itself.
I agree, a small region like Kanto's Sevii Islands or Sinnoh's battle peninsula (that's my nickname for it) would be better than a whole region imo which could potentially be devoid of all that made it fun in it's original games like Kanto in gen II.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't think Gamefreak would ever have a DLC. They haven't done one for any DS game yet, so why now? Also, since the very beginning, players have always been enticed to play with friends and do all kinds of multiplayer interaction. Just being able to BUY a completely separate region would exclude the people who don't buy it from participating in this. I don't really think they would do that..
Doesn't Gamefreak do the Mystery Dungeon series? It has DLC, so your "any DS game" comment is refuted.

Main series Pokémon game? No, they haven't. Who says they can't?

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I agree, a small region like Kanto's Sevii Islands or Sinnoh's battle peninsula (that's my nickname for it) would be better than a whole region imo which could potentially be devoid of all that made it fun in it's original games like Kanto in gen II.

Something like this exactly. Although I kind of preferred the Sevii Islands to the Resort Area, they were both good post-game additions to the games that didn't rely on visiting past regions. Neither really had a giant amount to do on them though (outside of the Battle Frontier for the Resort Area), so if we wre to have anything like this I'd like to see them put some more work into it and give us some more stuff to do.

Years
Maybe they could make an island chain that's both a post game mini region and a battle frontier. Like three buildings could be on one island, and later you'll be able to surf to another island. Or maybe they could seperate the first and second levels of the frontier, the first is on one island and the second level (gold) is on another, and maybe create a third (Platinum) level.

Years
Kalos is based on France and France has an overseas department (French Guiana) in South America and not too far from Guyana where Mew was supposedly found. Maybe a small Sevii Islands kind of jungle coast could be available to get Mew in some way once you've beaten the game.

Years
Kalos is based on France and France has an overseas department (French Guiana) in South America and not too far from Guyana where Mew was supposedly found. Maybe a small Sevii Islands kind of jungle coast could be available to get Mew in some way once you've beaten the game.
If they do that, maybe Mewtwo's new forme will have something to do with the place?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I like the concept of this overseas island. This will be a downloadable content item, count on it.

Cyclone

Nakala Pri

Bonjour, mon ami! This couldn't be more French. I want an African themed region next... if they DARE do an Indian one, then I am probably going to scream. Racist, no, I am not. India is over used though, so I am a little annoyed, lol.

Back