• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
1 inquiry if it link to starter town than the name should be blowingleave town or spore town
2 iquiry if it is on a random spot then florawall city
Why naturous I get nature out of this

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks for the support, it's what keeps me going. Things haven't been going all too well and I've been very busy. Lately I have been thinking of retiring for a while/forever, but I just figured that I would be letting to many people down.

There will be a big update soon enough. The demo still needs work, but should be coming rather soon. Remember to keep on supporting us!

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
hey houndoomed, i was bored so i decided to give one of your fakemon a shot, so hgeres my attempt at volery
volery.png
, im sorry that its so small

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Well, many people support the game.
Don't give up! I'll always support you!

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
hi there houndoomed your game is awesome plz dont give up this game :D we support you hope you can finish this wonderful game of yours :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'm not dead yet!

Battling a wild Bawl! I felt like keeping it original, so I'm keeping it the good ol' FR/LG style.
capture000gx9.png
capture001yd8.png
capture002vy7.png
capture004vl4.png
capture006za6.png
capture007pc0.png

The new titlescreen. Currently being animated. Who could that Pokémon be?
scarletscreenja0.png

And there's more where that comes from! Come back later this weekend when I should have more for you guys :)

Last edited:

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
This looks good from what I've seen. Good idea using Lance and Clair.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Well, things are moving slightly slower than usual lately. But we are slowly getting closer to the demo! I want EVERYTHING to be perfect for this demo as I want it to be one of the greatest, and also because it may well be the last one I make. Yes, I plan to retire from making this game after the demo is released. I'm just finding it difficult with all of the stuff that's going on in my own life. Don't worry though, I'll make sure it gets handed over to someone who I know will do an even better job with it than me ;)

I plan to release another update with a load of screenshots when this thread has around 200 replies. But in the meantime, you might enjoy the new and better Cardi :)

cardijt9.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well, now I can say that I am most definitely going to quit after this demo. It's been a lot of fun, and I wish I could continue it, but I'm afraid I have better things to do. I will be finishing this baby up though, and it's gonna be the best thing you ever played! I do not know for sure who will be continuing it. If you have RPG Maker XP and you are absolutely SURE you can do a good job with this game, please let me know by PM or simply post here. I will only let people I trust continue it for me.

Another little surprise for you guys. Thanks to the excellent work of poccil, we now have an almost identical FR/LG naming and nicknaming screen!

capture008hf3.png
capture009yz1.png
capture010hh6.png

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ok well this is sad. Your quiting. I guess its personal reasons or life that got in your way. Also did simplynaruto turn you off cause i=of his post. Cause it looks like it.

Years
Ok well this is sad. Your quiting. I guess its personal reasons or life that got in your way. Also did simplynaruto turn you off cause i=of his post. Cause it looks like it.

I just wanted to pop in here and ask which post of simplynaruto's you meant? Then as I have already discussed with Houndoomed this game looks... well I don't know if I can just give it one word of praise. I'll go with fantabulous. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I'll do it, Houndoomed. I began to develop Aquamarine, but a system re-format completely lost the game. I'd love it if I could take over from this astonishing project.

It is an asset to you and your team, and you will be greatly missed in the Dev scene when gone.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
I voted on "It's looking great". The screenshots are pretty good, and I especially love the look of the PokéDex. I see that you've done quite some good work with your fakemon too. How long did that take you?

Now, coming to the only part which I didn't like: The story. I mean, it's not bad, but it's pretty generic for the most part. See:

Today is your 13th birthday. To celebrate, you're getting your very own Pokémon. Your Mom wakes you up, and you visit Prof. Maple to receive your starter Pokémon.
The Professor doesn't seem to be at the lab, but one of the assistants gives you your Pokémon instead. What? How come the assistant knows nothing about the professor missing and doesn't tell you something about it? You get to choose between 3 new starters. You also receive your Pokédex.
After getting your things, you go back home. You start talking to your Mom.
All of a sudden, the TV starts flashing. A reporter says that Prof. Maple has just been kidnapped... by a man named Giovanni. You're going to have to rescue him before it's too late! Liek, wut? You're a 13-year old kid and you have to chase a leader of an organization down? And if those news reporters have enough information and know that a guy named Giovanni has kidnapped him, why don't they just leave it to the cops?
After chasing him who? The professor? across Koyoto, you learn that he once again, who? has fled to a strange place called Johto. You chase him down to try to bring him to justice but to do so you have to infiltrate his organization. Eh? Generic much?

That aside, the game looks pretty good. Just try to make your story more realistic.

Edit: Oh, you're quitting? That's sad. =(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back