• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i like the taste of spinosauce on my pasta

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
yeah i suck at descriptions (seriously i'm tired atm.)
I used Ooka's auto RMT builder
Thanks Vrai and Kaori for the title

Hi. Spino here with my second 5th gen RMT and 3rd ever OU team. The team is built around Bulky DD Gyarados who is pretty amazing in my opinion. I'd really like to improve this team even though it's already doing good. :)

Team at a Glance:
Ani620MS.png
Ani130MS.png
Ani485MS.png
Ani598MS.png
Ani121MS.png
Ani645MS.png

620.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Mienshao is my usually my lead and a great one at that. Can't really explain much because I pretty much chose it because I already have SR and Spikes.

130.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Bounce
Gyarados is the star of the team. It serves as a great anti-set up mons with Taunt and Dragon Dance. Gyara can survive pretty much anything that isn't Electric. I usually set up against physical mons such as Scrafty and Taunt Skarmory and Blissey. Bulky Water types are a pain, however. Gyara, Heatran and Ferrothorn form great synergy and can deal with lots of mons.

485.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]/[Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Though he's mainly here to get rid of Ferro and Forry and absorb all the fire type moves aimed at Ferro, he's also my Stealth Rock user. He can hit like a truck and survive like one too. Fire Blast is amazing after Flash Fire so I usually lure in fire types move using with Ferro then proceed to sweep with it. I'm considering Hidden Power Ice instead of Grass to kill Dragon types, mainly those locked on Outrage or switch in a Draco Meteor.

598.gif
@ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Just because Gyara loves resistance to Electric and entry hazards. Ferro supports greatly and hits hard with Gyro Ball and Power Whip. Leech Seed can also help Gyara regain health after a safe switch-in. Shed Shell is there to obviously escape from Zone but I'm considering Leftovers instead.

121.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
- Recover
Just because this team hates entry hazards. (Well, mainly Gyara.) But with the amazing speed it can also come in on weakened mons and KO them if Landy can't help. Originally Ice Beam, T-Bolt is there to deal with other Gyaras (mainly ResTalk) in case Ferro dies. Even without Leftovers it can still pack a gun. (Because it's special!)

645.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)/Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
/Hammer Arm

Revenge killer and a good one. Who needs Sand when you're there mainly to revenge kill?
To be completely honest I didn't intend to use it at all and planned to use Grachomp, but I thought in case Gyara or Ferro die I might need a mon who is immune to electric and ground. Landy was the only viable on in my mind (lol Flygon) and it actually did wayyyyy better than I thought. With an already good base attack even without sand it's good enough for the team. It seems like a good anti-sand team, too, being fast with scarf and powerful in sand. I might replace Hidden Power Ice and give it Hammer Arm or Brick Break to deal with Air Balloon Excadrill, Magnezone and Hydreigon. (I don't trust HP Ice on Landy lol.)

So here's my team. It's been doing pretty well but it has some flaws. I would really appreciate help and rates. :)
Also:
Spoiler:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
One thing that I've used with Ferrothorn that's worked for me really well is giving him a Rocky Helmet. I don't run into being trapped often, and I just love the extra damage you get.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I've rarely encountered Magnezone, but I guess Shed Shell would work. If not, Leftovers always helps. XD

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
One thing that I've used with Ferrothorn that's worked for me really well is giving him a Rocky Helmet. I don't run into being trapped often, and I just love the extra damage you get.
Well, it's true Zone isn't really common I guess, so having Shed Shell won't do much for me. I'd much rather use Leftovers over Rocky Helmet, however. I think recovering health is better with Ferro and Iron Barbs is enough anyways. Thanks for the suggestion. :>

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You don't have much to worry about Magnezone, especially since you have Heatran as a secondary steel (and Magnezone is always only used to eliminate steels) and its kinda deathly afraid of Heatran lol. :( I'd run Leftovers because reliable recovery is awesome.

/will be back for a better rate later

edit: ahdlfkajdsa;fld had this window open for a long time ok :c

Last edited:
Back