• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sky Battles!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
All we know about Sky Battles is that we don't know anything. All we can do is speculate.

Maybe it is just a flashy camera gimmick.

It could be anything else. We don't know yet.

Years
It seems rather pointless and yet I like the idea because it will put more focus upon using one of my favourite types (Flying).

I think it should be limited to pokemon that can learn fly and any pokemon with levitate. So for example Emolga should be exempt as (I think) it can only float slightly above the ground.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I like this new addition. Even though there is probably going to be a lot of useless limitations put in action, I think it's still a pretty cool idea. Hopefully, it won't have too many limitations because I think that this new addition can be quite enjoyable.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Heavy, there's a difference between fat and Heavy you know.
Anyways I think it'll make sense to restrict things such as Emoga if they do so as it's a flying squirrel which one wouldn't expect to be flying so high. Ghosts can I guess as they can go very high up as they aren't "limited" by a "body"

Interestingly this gives Origin forme Giratina something that it's other forme can't be part of, that's if Giratina's origin forme can participate.

Also I see Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latios, and Latias being the rulers of Sky Battles... and Sky Plate Arceus...if Sky Arceus is available to participate.

blue

gucci
Years
I think it will be definitate for most of the ghosts with the levitate ability such as Haunter, Banette, Mismagius etc. As for the flying types I think it will be mainly focused around the bird species so Swellow, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Unfeazant, Staraptor, Talonflame etc.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I like the idea of 'Sky battles' I bet it would look amazing in 3D. Has anyone seen the video of Talonflame using Brave Bird on Noctowl in a Sky Battle, it looked epic! I hope there will be more to it though.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I like the idea, and I'm interested in seeing how they will actually work with the feature in the game.
The thing that I'm not too fond of, though, is exactly how it settles in with the rest of the gameplay. So if a trainer doesn't have a Pokémon capable of flying, he can't participate in Sky Battles... obviously seems fair, but how it sits in with uselessness and playability to the game is what I'm curious about.

Years
How are surf battles going to work in 3D then? The more realistic the graphics get, the harder it is to suspend our disbelief.

tnfsf11

So does this battle system mean only Flying/Levitating pokes are allowed?
If not then what happens if I switch to a non Flying poke in-battle? Will it fly? Will the opponent's poke fall to the ground???
Too many questions :P

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I think it is a pretty interesting idea. And I am not surprised that only flying and levitating pokemon can participate. I mean, it would be unrealistic and unbelievable if a pokemon like Snorlax could join, although that would be awesome x3

I am excited to try Sky Battles. I think it will be a fun and cool :3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I just hope sky battles will have some kind of special feature, and are not just regular battles but for flying/levitate pokes only

blue

gucci
Years
If we get Ruby & Sapphire/Emerald remakes, I wonder if you would partake in a Sky Battle Winona? It happens in the anime and she IS a flying type leader sooo..

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
I think it's a cool idea, however as others have pointed out, it doesn't seem very fleshed out. Still, it will look cool.

Years
I don't like the idea of having an option to battle. It defeats the purpose. And since its mostly flying pokemon, any duel electric/ice type will destroy the competition

bashau

Distinct Phantom
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2022
i still think this flying battle stuff is dumb
can some tell what everyone see in it

Back