< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources Tool JackHack96's Tool Factory

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old September 17th, 2015 (11:57 PM).
A Forest Of Thorns Shall Be My Grave

Nature: Bold
I should start working with that thing. Say, is it usable for, in example, Platinum editing? Can I edit maps, characters, tiles, pokemon? :o
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds the 600px width limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 18th, 2015 (1:48 AM).
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard_I View Post
I should start working with that thing. Say, is it usable for, in example, Platinum editing? Can I edit maps, characters, tiles, pokemon? :o
Well, the answer is "NES" XD

Currently, as you may notice from the title bar of the app, it's in alpha state. This means it's unstable and it can very easily make errors. So it's still not "production-ready". These alpha releases are intended for testers and for reporting critical bugs. This will change a little when I'll release the first beta, which means "this is bit more stable than alphas, but don't expect a bug-free app".

P.S.: Just now I've find a critical bug on importing maps

If you want to test it feel free to do it, it only helps. But if you wish to do some serious hacking you have to still use SDSME

Hope I explained myself XD
There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 18th, 2015 (2:20 AM).
Pokéchu

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyHaxorus
These are all really cool! Can't wait for the full version of the hack studio.
Old September 24th, 2015 (7:42 AM).

I am looking forward to updating DS PokeHack Studio.
Old September 28th, 2015 (12:33 PM).
Little Hacker

Hi! I want to share a little update.
These days have been quite busy, so I didn't make a lot. And thursday I'll start university, so I'll have much less time to develop...
But don't worry, maybe you'll have to wait months for an update, but I don't want to totally stop development.

Anyway, here is the changelog of this alpha:
-Corrected some critical bugs in the map editor, now it correctly import/export map files
-Code refactor and reduced the use of third-party libs
-Sharply reduced memory consumption, due to the major code refactoring and the re-written map header editor
-As said I've written a totally new header editor, which is a lot faster than the previous one and uses much less memory
-Begin to work on scripts
-Other minor things

I've start studying scripts, so my next work will be to implement a decent script editor
As I said though it'll take some time now that I have to study at university

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rr...8x86_64%29.zip

See you soon
JackHack96
There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old November 1st, 2015 (6:33 AM). Edited November 1st, 2015 by Sliter.
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
Hey, Hope you have a good time there on the university!
Don't rush much yourserlf if get so much busy , these stuff happens e3e
thanks the great work !

one thing I forgot to sya is that the studio crash so much haha I can't edit much text with this, but since I was just plating around I had no problem XD
O will try the text editor alone then :v
Old November 2nd, 2015 (12:26 AM).
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliter View Post
Hey, Hope you have a good time there on the university!
Don't rush much yourserlf if get so much busy , these stuff happens e3e
thanks the great work !

one thing I forgot to sya is that the studio crash so much haha I can't edit much text with this, but since I was just plating around I had no problem XD
O will try the text editor alone then :v
Yeah I'm having a very great time there! Yes, it's hard to keep studying all that stuff (especially math xD), but I'm determinated. And I've found a lot of new friends (someone is also interested in Pokémon hacking :D ).
So as of now I've suspended development, but again a don't worry I don't want to leave it there

P.S.: Hey what about crash when editing text? What are you trying to edit?

Old November 5th, 2015 (5:02 AM). Edited January 6th, 2016 by Sliter.
Gaijin Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Yeah I'm having a very great time there! Yes, it's hard to keep studying all that stuff (especially math xD), but I'm determinated. And I've found a lot of new friends (someone is also interested in Pokémon hacking :D ).
So as of now I've suspended development, but again a don't worry I don't want to leave it there

P.S.: Hey what about crash when editing text? What are you trying to edit?
awesome! xD good luck with the math :v
I understand, it's allright since you are busy xD

well I just entered an random bank , edited one line , then "aplly" and the studio closed in my face (?)
the text editor alone work with no problens until now

Btw I'm having problem with thenewpoketext D:
We edited a good part part of the the extraction on the xml, using notepad++ and stuff but then I tried to patch it it to narc again and it gives eroor and it shut on my face too (lol) I don't know if I did something wrong e3e

Well i discovered the error with a lot of suffer but it's allright now! xD
Now what i'm looking for is the text entry thing, have any idea?
I was sure there was an "textentry" file but I looked everywhere and nothing XD I can't find something related or that looked a like
Also isn't the kind of stuff that google have the powers to answer .. oh well

well I got help hiw to do it XD hehe
Old January 6th, 2016 (3:32 PM).
Gaijin Trainer

hey a friend is using your DS text editor in the non 64x version, the codes get bugg after editing the phrases o-o
for example , this:
v0103ぁx0001x0000
becomes this:
v0x012110x01213ぁx0x01210x01210x01211x0x01210x01210x01210x012
any idea ?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:23 PM).
Little Hacker

Quote:
hey a friend is using your DS text editor in the non 64x version, the codes get bugg after editing the phrases o-o
for example , this:
v0103ぁx0001x0000
becomes this:
v0x012110x01213ぁx0x01210x01210x01211x0x01210x01210x01210x012
any idea ?
Mmmh maybe the program isn't handling variables correctly (these are variables.. they start with 0x). I can't help that much I'm sorry

Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:50 AM).
Gaijin Trainer

Quote:
Mmmh maybe the program isn't handling variables correctly (these are variables.. they start with 0x). I can't help that much I'm sorry
hey nice to see you again xD whats up?

he told me that was because someway the "/" got deleted when he edited and then this happened, so he just put it back:x

anyway we are doing some progress here haha XD

The only problem me and my team handling is the ramdom crashed of the text editor :/ (separately, not with the hack studio) , there some way to fix that ? or at least it making backups while don't save the edited .narc and back when it comes back? we are losing a lot of work a guy even gave up xD
Except these crashes this is the best text editor and what I was wanting for ages xD
According a friend on the team, his happens while clicking in blank spaces o-o I'm not using much the editor for now because I'm in some research to view/edit the font, edit the text entry (I found how to, but I'm still lost in too much hex xD )and editing stuff ...

about the hack studio/ map editor, I know this is on very earlier development compared do SDSME, that wasn't completed to xD but I would like to request a way to see, edit and add npc/ intens/ overworld legendaries and these stuff :B I really can't find how to do it x3x
Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:38 AM).
Little Hacker

Quote:
hey nice to see you again xD whats up?

he told me that was because someway the "/" got deleted when he edited and then this happened, so he just put it back:x

anyway we are doing some progress here haha XD

The only problem me and my team handling is the ramdom crashed of the text editor :/ (separately, not with the hack studio) , there some way to fix that ? or at least it making backups while don't save the edited .narc and back when it comes back? we are losing a lot of work a guy even gave up xD
Except these crashes this is the best text editor and what I was wanting for ages xD
According a friend on the team, his happens while clicking in blank spaces o-o I'm not using much the editor for now because I'm in some research to view/edit the font, edit the text entry (I found how to, but I'm still lost in too much hex xD )and editing stuff ...

about the hack studio/ map editor, I know this is on very earlier development compared do SDSME, that wasn't completed to xD but I would like to request a way to see, edit and add npc/ intens/ overworld legendaries and these stuff :B I really can't find how to do it x3x
Except from the studies, I'm fine . Now I'll have my first exam session in February, so I'm studing hard because I want to pass them
I'm sorry for the random crashes, I know they are very annoying. If you want to have some feedback from the program, start it with a terminal (on Windows: Start->type "cmd"->use the cd command for moving in the directory where the program is stored->type java -jar [NAME_OF_FILE].jar, where [NAME_OF_FILE] is the name of the stored file)
When it crashes, it will generate something like "java.something.otherthings: Exception in BLABLA". This info can help future debug.

As for the DS PokeHack Studio, I could embed an overworld editor (for now you can use the separate one).What do you mean with npc/intens?

Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:56 AM).
Gaijin Trainer

Quote:
Except from the studies, I'm fine . Now I'll have my first exam session in February, so I'm studing hard because I want to pass them
I'm sorry for the random crashes, I know they are very annoying. If you want to have some feedback from the program, start it with a terminal (on Windows: Start->type "cmd"->use the cd command for moving in the directory where the program is stored->type java -jar [NAME_OF_FILE].jar, where [NAME_OF_FILE] is the name of the stored file)
When it crashes, it will generate something like "java.something.otherthings: Exception in BLABLA". This info can help future debug.

As for the DS PokeHack Studio, I could embed an overworld editor (for now you can use the separate one).What do you mean with npc/intens?
Go there you can do it! hehe good luck o7

ok, anything I send you a report xD

There are an overworld editor separately?:v (I'm lost in so much editors lolol)
I mean like ... As NPC, I want to add an npc that when you talk him with a pokemon in team it gives you the azue's lute (just as example not exactly like this XD) , or one tha just talk something haha but without replacing one ad can choose their graphics, Other that work like legendareis pokemon, you see then in overworld and start the battle o3o
and itens is like the pokeball we fond stuff around XD or these hidden in suspect rocks haha
Old 4 Weeks Ago (1:58 PM).
Little Hacker

Quote:
Go there you can do it! hehe good luck o7

ok, anything I send you a report xD

There are an overworld editor separately?:v (I'm lost in so much editors lolol)
I mean like ... As NPC, I want to add an npc that when you talk him with a pokemon in team it gives you the azue's lute (just as example not exactly like this XD) , or one tha just talk something haha but without replacing one ad can choose their graphics, Other that work like legendareis pokemon, you see then in overworld and start the battle o3o
and itens is like the pokeball we fond stuff around XD or these hidden in suspect rocks haha
Ahhh you mean the events! Yeah they are a little nasty on NDS, in fact SDSME had a built-in editor for them, but it didn't work very well... Try it (but I had problems using it, especially with HG/SS)..

Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:37 PM).
Gaijin Trainer

Quote:
Ahhh you mean the events! Yeah they are a little nasty on NDS, in fact SDSME had a built-in editor for them, but it didn't work very well... Try it (but I had problems using it, especially with HG/SS)..
oh I tr]hink I tried it but I haven'te went far ... I can try again later XD
Old 4 Weeks Ago (2:58 AM).

This is probably going to seem like a stupid question for experienced hackers, but I was using your DS Pokemon Editor, and I cannot figure out how to change the pokemon's names. Is it not included or am I just really bad at this?
Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:08 AM).

Nature: Sassy
Wow I thought there were only like 2 or 3 ds hacking tools on here. Glad I was wrong!

Currently working on
Pokemon Guardian of the Sacred Temple

Shiny Pokemon I have caught: Rapidash (SS), Linoone (E), Spinda (E), Bibarel (Pt), Weedle (FR)

Hall of fame post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...16&postcount=8
Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:13 PM).
Gaijin Trainer

@JackHack96

I foun a new problem here with DStext editor :
When there's a game code like character/rival names, the text editor removes the \ from the code on the edition window, and if not fixed it can make that monstrous code or be like this without the bars and do bug it :v

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchasketch View Post
This is probably going to seem like a stupid question for experienced hackers, but I was using your DS Pokemon Editor, and I cannot figure out how to change the pokemon's names. Is it not included or am I just really bad at this?
there are on text banks , some pokemon editors have option to change dex entry and name together with the everything else ...
If you want to edit directly on the text give a look on the last banks, there are the pokemon names in another languages (and of course , the one you are editing the game from) their species, size and weight
I don't tell the nubers because I don't know what are you editing and must be different from the one I'm looking, if not the platinum XD
Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:25 AM).

Hopefully I'll have it done by Sunday- busy week- but I'm currently indexing the text files for each language version of the games. Basically, I copied all of text into ordered and numbered Excel workbook so if you need to find something you can simply search the workbook and find the index. I have the English version copied already.

I'm fairly certain this is the correct version.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/a2i7a9...7CSS_Texts.xls

For example, if you want to change a character's name, say Lance, you can simply search for his name in the workbook, and the sheet number will correlate to the text file. Then you can load up the text files in SDSME and change it.
Old 6 Days Ago (4:50 AM).
A Forest Of Thorns Shall Be My Grave

Nature: Bold
So how is it going? Need help with anything, hun?
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds the 600px width limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links