• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

Patching & Emulation Help Thread

This thread is for questions on how to properly emulate ROMs and ROM hacks, as well as for problems with patching, emulating online connections or link problems, and more.

Make sure that your post specifies what you are trying to accomplish: pertinent information includes the emulator you are using, the version of the emulator, the game or ROM you are trying to emulate, and any other information which will help people. Search the thread before posting, and do not ask for or provide ROM links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
VisualBoyAdvance not playing ROMs

It will play GBC ROMs but not GBA ROMs. I tried using ROMs from other sources, I downloaded a later version of VBA, nothing worked. I really don't know what could be wrong with it... All it shows when it says 'loaded battery' after I load the ROM, is a blank white screen. Nothing happens, the game just doesn't play.

They were working just a few days ago and I can't think what would possibly have happened to make them stop working.

Does anyone know what could possibly have gone wrong or how I can fix it?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Options > Emulator > Real time clock...
You may have to delete/remove all battery save files and save state files from the folder before it works

Years
Thanks again for your response, I really do appreciate you trying. :)

Right, now clicking on Real Time clock... *tries a ROM* still not working.

I don't have any battery or ROM saves in this folder but I'll look elsewhere.... I only found one save and it was in a totally different folder, but I'll delete it anyway and see how it goes......

Whadya know, it works now. :) Thank you so much, I would have been so stuck without your help ^_^;

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Trading to GBA with USB port?

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a cable that trades from the computer's USB port from a Pokemon FireRed ROM to a Pokemon LeafGreen GBA game? I would like to trade my Pokemon from my ROM onto my game so I may get Pokemon like Lugia since I live in Australia and can't get them from events over here. :)

Thank you very much. ;D

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
wow that would be awesome! the only thing i can think of is the cable that connects your gba to to computer for the flash cards. I wonder if it would would work?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
I swear if you took a GBA link cable and chopped it in half with the wire sticking out and do that same for a USB and then tied them together in an electrician fashion then it would work but you'd have to have a running file with it.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
No there isnt such a thing.

You should search google.

it is your best friend after all.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Your best bet would be to get an action replay or a gameshark and then adding Lugia (or whatever other pokemon) to your game with codes. That's my advice.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Or, if it must be the ones you have in the Rom, buy a flashcart, put the Rom on it, then trade it to your Leafgreen through the standard way with link cable or wireless link

Urser

Fakemon Designer!
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2007
I also live in Australia, and I am looking for any place to purchase a flashcard, if anybody can help me, plz pm me.

Search 'bamboogaming' on google and you'll be taken to a site which sells them.

That's where I bought my R4 from and I'm from Australia. They took about 4 weeks to get it to us because they kept delaying the shipment. But in the end it was worth it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Urser said:
Search 'bamboogaming' on google and you'll be taken to a site which sells them.

That's where I bought my R4 from and I'm from Australia. They took about 4 weeks to get it to us because they kept delaying the shipment. But in the end it was worth it.

A person who goes to my school is a mod on the bamboogaming forums(sasuke_kun12) xD

Hmm...well I will get back on topic, I tend to use a Gameshark as you can download a game state from your computer via a USB port. In VBA, you have to go Export > Gameshark Snapshot...

All you need to get is a gameshark from an online retailer.

PS. I am from Australia and I do own a gameshark, got mine off eBay.

Back