• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
We definitely have! Prepare your butts for some amazing bending action! I can't wait for us to get started with it, I've been waiting a long time for an Avatar setting for an RP :3

I SHALL JOIN LIKE NO OTHER FOX HAS JOINED BEFOAR!!!!1111!!

You forget one of the GMs is a fox, ididot.

Oh. Well anyway I'm really excited for that RP which I'll definitely be joining. Also, I got a question for anywho's who wanna answer:

What do you feel about Sign-up sheets? Do you enjoy writing them? Do you read others' sign-up sheets? What style to you usually use in them, straightforward or detailed?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What do you feel about Sign-up sheets? Do you enjoy writing them? Do you read others' sign-up sheets? What style to you usually use in them, straightforward or detailed?

I like reading Sign-ups, and they are great to reference when talking about the appearance of another player's character. When I write them, however, I tend to leave mine quite straightforward and relatively... sparse.

Mainly because I feel like my character is likely to evolve and change, being really rigid in a personality is not me. I do, however, like making sure that their personality has a reason (family/past happenings/whatever).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a few ideas for roleplays myself! As much as I want to revive my SSB roleplay, I want opinions on this one:

How would anyone feel about a Pokemon Academy for Villains? I don't believe I've seen any of them here. I mean, there is a Pokemon Trainer Academy, but how does everyone feel about training to become part of a villainous group like Team Rocket or Team Plasma? This roleplay would probably be more journey based rather than following the "academy" format like GH or PTA. But I'm still thinking about it.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I have a few ideas for roleplays myself! As much as I want to revive my SSB roleplay, I want opinions on this one:

How would anyone feel about a Pokemon Academy for Villains? I don't believe I've seen any of them here. I mean, there is a Pokemon Trainer Academy, but how does everyone feel about training to become part of a villainous group like Team Rocket or Team Plasma? This roleplay would probably be more journey based rather than following the "academy" format like GH or PTA. But I'm still thinking about it.

So something like grunt training? I think it could be neat, but what exactly would would the focus be when it comes to becoming a villian? Kicking puppies?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

I prefer rather short, straightforward SU sheets, and SUs. I honestly don't like reading lengthy paragraphs about a character's personality because it most often only gets confusing. Get key features down and then expand on them to wove together a realistic person. Don't ramble on and on. :3

As for other parts, I prefer that the appearance is either a picture, or pretty detailed, or both even. Want to be able to picture a person well inside my head when I read their posts! And the history doesn't have to be a whole novel in itself, but it's preferable that it makes sense in regard to the personality.

I usually read the SUs of other people in the RPs I'm in.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I was going to answer regarding the newest topic, but RHCP basically said what I was going to say, especially about the appearance bit. The finer the detail, the better in my opinion.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

I usually read other's sign-up sheets to get to know more about their characters. It's good to know who you are dealing with when you're RPing together. It's also good to know that they actually exist xD A lot of characters in RP's never or almost never interact because... I don't know. I enjoy writing them and usually try to make them look a little bit pretty d: Even thought I usually use pictures in my SU, I also describe it because it's fun.

My SU's are mostly straightforward because I can't find myself to properly read long SU's... ^^;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Origins has one spot open. Here is the OOC with most info, and here is the IC. We've only traveled from Pewter City to route 3 and are about to arrive in the evening at a village near Mt Moon. You will be able to choose from some keywords to form your character around, and you can choose basically any pokémon you like to start with.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
as a gm, the sign-up sheet is not a big deal for me. its the roleplay sample. as long as i know you can write good, i trust that you can keep a character in character and on track. 99% of the time, i just wanna know how old they are and what they look like. sometimes back stories if i get invested.

HearttheWolf

Likes the Rule Book
Years
I dunno how much interest this will generate... But I was thinking of starting up a whodunit-type Sonic-Based rp. I already thought of the plot and the world is very thought out... Any takers? ^.^'

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Heart, Mind telling us something about the plot/story/world/mechanic/characters :?

HearttheWolf

Likes the Rule Book
Years
@Heart, Mind telling us something about the plot/story/world/mechanic/characters :?

Sure. Basically, the Time Eater (from Generations) wants to get revenge on Sonic's world for stealing it from it's home and causing it so much pain. So, with it's powers, it tries to destroy all time, to make the universe it's new home. But before it could complete it's goal, Time Stones stop it from destroying time fully. Now there's only some people who remain - who were protected by the Time stones. They must gather all the time stones and use them to fix time.

However, Time Eater won't give up that easily. Using some of the people it had already erased from time (Basically, all the people on Sonic's world that were 'erased' are like how Sonic's friends were before you completed a level), it sent them out to try and steal the Time Stones away.

^ That's a very short summery of the plot

How it would work is that there would be two 'teams' per-say. Those on Sonic's side who are trying to fix time, and those on the Time Eater's side who are trying to steal the Time Stones. Everyone will submit an app just describing their character (and, there will be some official characters you can be too: Sonic, Tails, Classic Tails, and Silver (Silver is more optional, the others are kinda needed)). After I have a good amount of OCs, and the needed Cannon spots are filled, I will randomly select some of the OCs to be on the Time Eater's side. There can be NO OOC discussion about who's on what side (Only those on the Time Eater's side will know who their team-mates are).
The point is for the characters to discuss amongst themselves who they believe is the Time Eater's spy(All the characters will be 'working together'). Once there characters start collecting the Time Stones, each day one of those who are siding will the Time Eater will steal a stone. The characters will then all have to choose someone who they believe is the culprit... if they guess wrong, the Time Eater gets the Stone. If they're correct, that character is freed from the Time Eater's control.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Sure. Basically, the Time Eater (from Generations) wants to get revenge on Sonic's world for stealing it from it's home and causing it so much pain. So, with it's powers, it tries to destroy all time, to make the universe it's new home. But before it could complete it's goal, Time Stones stop it from destroying time fully. Now there's only some people who remain - who were protected by the Time stones. They must gather all the time stones and use them to fix time.

However, Time Eater won't give up that easily. Using some of the people it had already erased from time (Basically, all the people on Sonic's world that were 'erased' are like how Sonic's friends were before you completed a level), it sent them out to try and steal the Time Stones away.

^ That's a very short summery of the plot

How it would work is that there would be two 'teams' per-say. Those on Sonic's side who are trying to fix time, and those on the Time Eater's side who are trying to steal the Time Stones. Everyone will submit an app just describing their character (and, there will be some official characters you can be too: Sonic, Tails, Classic Tails, and Silver (Silver is more optional, the others are kinda needed)). After I have a good amount of OCs, and the needed Cannon spots are filled, I will randomly select some of the OCs to be on the Time Eater's side. There can be NO OOC discussion about who's on what side (Only those on the Time Eater's side will know who their team-mates are).
The point is for the characters to discuss amongst themselves who they believe is the Time Eater's spy(All the characters will be 'working together'). Once there characters start collecting the Time Stones, each day one of those who are siding will the Time Eater will steal a stone. The characters will then all have to choose someone who they believe is the culprit... if they guess wrong, the Time Eater gets the Stone. If they're correct, that character is freed from the Time Eater's control.

Hmm... I have this thing against playing Canon Characters in a RP. It's more personal than anything else but... wouldn't it be unfair to allow someone to fill a sign-up with already defined traits, history and appearance whilst the rest would have to come up with everything by themselves?

Alas, I suppose it could work if those taking the role of canon characters are RPers with decent skills (read: everyone around here). BUT, I do think it would cause trouble to select members of Sonic's and TEater's side at random, because people will more than likely join looking forward to join one specific side. Why not just tell them to PM you what side they want to be part of? That way only you know for sure who's in which side, yes?

The part of trying to guess who's evil sound really appealing to me :D It's like a huge Clue game :3 Was it colonel mustard with the kitchen knife in the living room at dusk? And it couldn't make up for total fun, me thinks.

So the world where this is set... Is it level based, like, Green Zone and stuff? Or original, or... :?

I think you should really pursue that RP, sound intriguing to say the least :3

HearttheWolf

Likes the Rule Book
Years
Hmm... I have this thing against playing Canon Characters in a RP. It's more personal than anything else but... wouldn't it be unfair to allow someone to fill a sign-up with already defined traits, history and appearance whilst the rest would have to come up with everything by themselves?

Alas, I suppose it could work if those taking the role of canon characters are RPers with decent skills (read: everyone around here). BUT, I do think it would cause trouble to select members of Sonic's and TEater's side at random, because people will more than likely join looking forward to join one specific side. Why not just tell them to PM you what side they want to be part of? That way only you know for sure who's in which side, yes?

The part of trying to guess who's evil sound really appealing to me :D It's like a huge Clue game :3 Was it colonel mustard with the kitchen knife in the living room at dusk? And it couldn't make up for total fun, me thinks.

So the world where this is set... Is it level based, like, Green Zone and stuff? Or original, or... :?

I think you should really pursue that RP, sound intriguing to say the least :3

Well, you don't have to play a cannon, but others might. Also, people that apply for cannon characters would probably have to prove they can actually play them. Correctly. In-Character.

For the selecting at random... you see, I actually thought of doing that 'send me a PM if you want to be a villain'... but then say... if there are five villain slots... and lets say the first six people send me a pm. I would have to tell one of them that all the slots are taken. Thus they would already know who the five are.

As for the world.. There's going to be a world based on the levels. It won't necessarily be in order. It'll be open.

Yay, I'm glad someone's interested ^.^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
So I got this idea. How many people here have played World of Warcraft? Or at least some game from the Warcraft series. Imagine a Sword Art Online-like RP set in a virtual reality World of Warcraft, and let me know what you think.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Greetings all! (Wow, I haven't been in this thread for quite some time! Working full-time overnights is dreadful!) Anyways, stopping by to say, well, I'm not dead! I just recently switched Themes to Zelda, which means...

A new Legend of Zelda RP is in the works!

I plan to take the most basic form of the story concept from Dimensional Link (my original attempt at a Zelda Journey RP) and rework it into something more manageable for me, more thought out, and more entertaining to be involved in.

Essentially, RPers will play as Hylians, Zoras, Gerudo, Twilit, Gorons, Kokiri, and more. These characters are pulled from their own lives into the past, to band together and take on Ganon in the "Hero Falls" timeline, where Link (assumedly from Ocarina of Time) was defeated in his quest. It will be all about Journey, Survival, Improvement as a Character, and the Difficulties of working with a team; each and every one of these characters must learn to create their own courage to take on what lies ahead.

Anyone interested in this? If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back