• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life imprisonment or death sentence?

Which sentence would you rather face?

• Life imprisonment

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Death sentence

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Let's say you were a prisoner charged for murder. You are given two options: life imprisonment and death sentence (by lethal injection). Which would you choose and why?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Imprisonment in a Swedish jail.
a107d614c9ae2da202159a2fe2a06e5e.jpg

I could still have creative outlets and write letters to family and friends.

Years
WTF Sweden has it MADE! With a prison like that, I wouldn't mind killing a few people here and there haha!

But if I'm being sent to the crap hole then I'd rather just die.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I think I'd go insane being locked up for life, so unfortunately, I think I'd pick death over that. :x I don't think I could handle it. Then again, I hope I'm never in that situation in the first place.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Imprisonment,simply but i'll give you a hint why??

....The kids..""Ess..Keyyy..Padaa""!! lol

but if i choose to die..Aaah No fun,man no fun at all~

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Depends what jail, and what I can do inside.

If I have a good PC and a good internet with some game consoles, I'm good to stay there. If it's just another typical crapfest of a jail, just kill me. The boredom will lead me to suicide anyways.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Death sentence. I'm comfortable enough with my own mortality to give it up in exchange for not being imprisoned for my life. The odds are stacked against me there.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Scandinavian prisons are quite classy compared to americas. So I would say a life sentence. If it would be a crappy american prison (no offence) then I might be tempted to take the death sentence. But I would not want some injection. Thats just...lame. Might as well be creative. Or atleast a peacefull sleeping pill overdose. But yeah...it depends.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd go with LIP on this one since hopefully I'd be put to work and thus I can be productive hereby preventing me from going insane due to boredom lol.

Years
I'll take the Swedish jail, please. When I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and that scene where Blomkvist is in prison I thought - wow, what a nice prison. I would live there.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
I'd take the death sentence anyway. Living alone for the rest of my life in a cell, with the same scenery everyday, would pretty much mentally kill me anyway, so it'd be better to just completely die than live everyday for the rest of my life undergoing mental torture. Obviously if the prison was as nice as that Swedish one up there, I'd take the life imprisonment all day long.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
In the moment, I would want life imprisonment because I would be too scared of the thought of being killed. After a few months, I think I would become a psychopath and lack any emotions and want to just die, so in retrospect, I would prefer the death sentence. But I would still choose life imprisonment, even with that prediction in mind.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hahaha!
Imprisonment. They wouldn't be able to hold me though! xD
Erm... not that i'd ever end up in jail... `×`

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
The Swedish jail please. Dosent seem that bad :P

maybe life in prison. I dont think I want to die, even though Prison dosent sound great at all.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I don't care what kind of prison, life imprisonment for sure. There's a small chance I'd get out sometime, and besides, think of the fear you'd have to go through knowing your going to die.
Plus, think of your friends and family. That reason would be more than enough for me to decide for life imprisonment.

Years
Since life sentences can usually be appealed after 20 years, I'd definitely take that over a lethal injection or anything else that killed me. Sure, it might be miserable being there so long, but I'd rather take the slim chance of getting out eventually over an early death.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Life in prison. Especially if I'm arrested in Sweden. That doesn't look a lot like prison at all. lol.

On a serious note though, life imprisonment just seems the better route to me. Even if I'd might go insane, I'd rather be crazy than be killed instantly by the death penalty. Plus the fact I know I'm gonna be killed would haunt me and make me more insane than spending time in prison. And there's a chance my sentence could be lowered or even lifted so I'd have a chance of being free and then amend for what I did.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Life imprisonment, definitely. You can find happiness, even in prison, if you can look hard enough. I wouldn't deny myself that opportunity by taking the "easy way out".

Back