• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Type Effectiveness Editor

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I'm sort of having the same problem; whenever I try to add new matchups to the ??? type, it just keeps on adding "Normal 0%" instead of the matchups I intended and the program eventually crashes.

I think you just misunderstand how to work the program.

I guess this goes for all that are confused, but here is how you work the program:
y2rx.gif

Hope that helps~

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
I think you just misunderstand how to work the program.

I guess this goes for all that are confused, but here is how you work the program:

... Derp. That was my fault, it works perfectly now, lol. Thanks!

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I don't know how I missed this useful little tool until now.

Anyway, I have a random suggestion. Have you considered expanding slightly so that it also edits the contest types? They're technically working types that can be given strengths and weaknesses iirc. I personally like contests and always leave them in on RSE hacks, but I know that a lot of the hackers here don't give a flip about them. They might appreciate having 5 more type slots to work with. It's just an arbitrary add, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2021
So... how do you add types wiithout replaceing the ??? type? Or is this even possible? thanks

It looks awesome though :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 25, 2015
I get an error when I try to open my ROM in this tool:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Spoiler:

When I press Continue, nothing happens. Any help? I am using an Emerald ROM.

Last edited:

King Of Bidoofs

Beginning Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I edited to add Fairy Type in Fire Red, but when I open up the ROM in Pokemon Editor, the ??? type is still there instead of Fairy Type.
I know the feeling bro. Anyway, is there maybe a way to fix this? Because this tool really looks awesome to me. (since I suck at hex editing)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I know the feeling bro. Anyway, is there maybe a way to fix this? Because this tool really looks awesome to me. (since I suck at hex editing)

Well I need a bit more context if you want it fixed.
Did you edit the game's text to say Fairy before opening it? If you didn't this will obviously use the unchanged text.

King Of Bidoofs

Beginning Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Well I need a bit more context if you want it fixed.
Did you edit the game's text to say Fairy before opening it? If you didn't this will obviously use the unchanged text.
What I did, was change the ??? in your tool to Fairy, saved it, and then played the game, but the Fairy type was still ???. Also, for some reason, my type effectivenesses didn't work. I made it so that Normal would have no effect on Water, but the damage was still calculated like normal.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
What I did, was change the ??? in your tool to Fairy, saved it, and then played the game, but the Fairy type was still ???. Also, for some reason, my type effectivenesses didn't work. I made it so that Normal would have no effect on Water, but the damage was still calculated like normal.

Well, the tool itself doesn't change the images from the status screen, only the text names for the types where they are used.
I don't really know what you could have done to not make it work. It's worked for me.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Update!

So, good new for everybody. I come today with a new release for everyone, Type Effectiveness Editor 2.0!

This version is a real treat, because it features an entirely new GUI, with a visual editor rather than the annoying version that's been in use so far.

In other good news, I changed the .Net Framework, so this tool now works with .Net 4.0!

Check out the first page for all your downloading needs! Enjoy~!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Okay, so say I want to repoint the type table because it's too small. How do I do it, and how do I make TEE recognize the altered table location?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Okay, so say I want to repoint the type table because it's too small. How do I do it, and how do I make TEE recognize the altered table location?

Well, you need to find the offset of every pointer used by the game to the table. If you do it right, TEE should recognize it automatically. If it is filled with freespace, it will probably crash, though. It's best to just let the tool repoint it automatically if it's needed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Update

Well, I have some good and bad news.

The good news is that I found a bug in the tool, and I fixed it.
You can now download a new release if you want.

The bad news is that I found a bug.
A potentially game breaking bug.
You heard me right--a game breaker.

The problem comes with saving the table. I wrote the wrong byte to end the foresight section of the table, so if you want you can fix it with a hex editor. Otherwise you're done.

Anyway, the fixed version is now available for download on the first post, and I apologize to anyone whose game is now messed up because of this. :/

Cryosic

The Clear Body Pokemon
Years
Wow, this sure is an awesome tool! I'll definetely use when I need to edit any type. Thumbs up!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Quick Q... It allows me to open up any emerald rom but when I try to open up my modified emerald rom it gives me this error:

Spoiler:

Any help would be appreciated

Back