• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
The only problem with that again is that if people have to fight the Gym Leaders again, no one is going to walk through all the routes again and waste their time when they can just Fly to the towns. Although you're idea is definitely plausible, I don't think players would take the time to walk through routes again unless they were explicitly made to do so.

…or if they were following a walkthrough or the official guidebook.

I'm kind of more interested in whether they'll keep the Shard system etc. Nothing says they won't, but still - I think maybe they might make it easier to get move tutor moves, possibly...?

You know what I miss? D/P/Pt's Underground making it a lot easier to get shards in the first place! I don't like having to search through every single route for Poké Ball chests containing these important items and want GameFreak to improve their availability.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You know what I miss? D/P/Pt's Underground making it a lot easier to get shards in the first place! I don't like having to search through every single route for Poké Ball chests containing these important items and want GameFreak to improve their availability.
You DO realize there's a Funfest mission that allows you to collect Shards exclusively, yes? Just do that over and over running around some Routes, possibly with Repels in tow in case you find one in a grassy area. If you're by yourself, keep only doing levels that can be done by yourself (Lv.1-2-3).

Cyclone

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
You DO realize there's a Funfest mission that allows you to collect Shards exclusively, yes? Just do that over and over running around some Routes, possibly with Repels in tow in case you find one in a grassy area. If you're by yourself, keep only doing levels that can be done by yourself (Lv.1-2-3).

Cyclone

Sorry, I haven't started Black 2 yet (though I do have it and plan to start playing it after I finish Black to get all of the Memory Link stuff.) In fact, I'm replaying FireRed right now because of how I want to play the games and their remakes in the order in which they were originally released or sit in the timeline even though the facts that I don't have a copy of Sapphire (see my latest post in the RSE Remake Speculation Thread) and that its remake will probably be a Generation VI (or maybe even VII, but I'm keeping my hopes up for VI) game, thereby messing up my ability to migrate my Pokémon around (time to find a thread discussing the lack of a Time Capsule in HG/SS.) In addition, I didn't notice that people were discussing how easy it is to get shards in B2/W2 (via dust clouds) after the post that I just quoted. My apologies.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad for someone like me who just buys both anyway.

Yeah, I have lately tried to usually make sure that somebody else in my family eventually gets the other version of each Pokémon game that I purchase or receive as a gift.

I've gotten to the point in PMD where I can level up my attacks. While the boost from leveling them up is miniscule, it can show after some time when compared to attacks from your opponent. What do you think it would be like if that system were in a main Pokemon game? What if it were similar to an EV system where you can only have so many points invested into your 4 attacks at a time (Damaging only)

Personally, I think this "Bond System" is something similar to this. Its supposed to make your Pokemon stronger. What better way than to supplement its attacks? Allowing a new EV like system to upgrade your attacks would be awesome and throw a new spin on Meta.

Speaking of bringing move mechanics from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series over, how about move linking?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Dear lord. I just got a burst of excitement for X and Y again. There's so many things I hope they do, and so many things I want to know! I think it'd be awesome if they did more with dive, like they did with gen three. Abyssal Ruins was cool and all, but kind of a disappointment. I want puzzles for more than just legendaries (though they could make those harder). They could have harder caves, especially with the new point of view. Compass please?
I can't wait to see the forest they do. Pinwheel was amazing imo. What about like a jungle?
Frozen wasteland tundra area? Swampy marshes? I'm getting pretty far ahead of myself, especially since it appears to be based off Europe. Castles galore!
Anyways, I just had to blow some excitement off :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
A frozen wasteland would seem like a wonderful area to add to these games! That's actually pretty interesting that we've had snowy areas before, but nothing like a snowy tundra, or anything of that nature, y'know?

Also, there were plenty of swampy marshes in Gen V (if I'm correct), but I certainly wouldn't mind those making a return. Though honestly, I'd like some sort of quicksand of some sort (that was also in Gen V, but was specifically only in Volcarona's cave, the name in which I completely forgot).

As far as the puzzles for legendaries go, I do feel that they can be a bit too easy, and I do agree that they should be slightly more challenging, but not overly challenging that it makes people throw their DS's out the window or anything like that, really. xD
Yeah! I just feel the regular forest and cave theme is getting tired (not to say I don't love it). I feel like more types of terrain could be explored further. And yes, more quicksand! More "dangerous" types of terrain, not to kill or damage but somehow mess us up. (like in Rayqayza's tower, the holes in the floor) I got so mad at that puzzle, but I loved it too. I want a good mix, maybe one really really challenging one that will frustrate people and the others could be challenging in a time consuming way or etc.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd actually want some new characters for the Elite four this time around. No rehashes, as that's starting to get old to me, really.

I'd actually like to see Fantina as one of the Elite Four members, with her French background and what not. It would be a nice connection between the new region and Sinnoh.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I wouldn't mind seeing old characters come back, but maybe not as an Elite Four member. Kinda steals the spotlight on a new generation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Ironic how Unova was suppose to not be more isolated from the other regions but had a non Unova introduced character as E4...

If the champion is an old character, that will be surprising imo.

Years
Idk with the Mewtwo event perhaps they'll be a focus on the past with this generation, old characters may be appearing to help...maybe Rowan will appear if this region is tied to genetics and evolution as Pokémon evolution's his thing.
As for Pokémonmaybe half of the dex will be evolutions of old Pokémon...

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Idk with the Mewtwo event perhaps they'll be a focus on the past with this generation, old characters may be appearing to help...maybe Rowan will appear if this region is tied to genetics and evolution as Pokémon evolution's his thing.
As for Pokémonmaybe half of the dex will be evolutions of old Pokémon...

Yeah, I do think some people are coming back. Yeah Rowan may appear or perhaps Birch did his fieldwork to the new region now. Or maybe you get to travel back to other regions that sort of thing.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I agree, I think they'll definitely be some cameos because of mewtwo

I'm kinda excited! Hopefully Mew can be in there somewhere too

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I hope they include references to previous games. Like how Go-Googles were mentioned in Desert Resort.

I'm pretty much sure they will so players will be tempted to see those things in the previous games.

And I'm pretty sure they'll do something like BW and DPPt where you can transfer your Mon from other games to yours so you can complete the dex.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
What if pokemon were to include the generic side quest system that most RPGs implement. Something closest to that was the BW village bridge "waitering" tasks. I would love more of something like that and they could offer more rewards like pokeballs, potions, and maybe a quest that rewards one masterball but can only be done once and is extremely difficult to fulfil

Years
And after the quest they could tell us how they discovered a new eeveelution, and how it's said to have appeared at when given x stone, x time, x place, or x ect. So we do that and it'll evolve :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back