• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Some of those names were in the rumors so can't say I'm surprise to see them. I do like the Sound of Oblivion Wing and Geomancy, the latter definitely sounds better than it's Japanese name...Geo control even though they mean the same thing xD.

Years
Oblivion wing sounds cool.
Lol Topsy-Turvy is a tomato planter xD That was a rip-off by Nintendo.
Sycamore... I like the name but the tree motif is getting old..

I like the names I guess. They feel odd to me, but so does every new Pokemon name until I get used to it.

Years
Thus far I only remember Pangoro and Inkay out of the new group we got...will learn the rest rather.

Seems I was right about Xerneas and Yvetal's presence meaning something, just thought it'll be evolution related rather than a simple boost in Fairy and Dark xD.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I'm okay with Xerneas being Fairy, but with the whole "Y = clouds" motif and "X = grass" motif I was hoping for a dual-type with Grass. It's weird to me to have a duo with one mono-type and another dual-type (or as my boyfriend puts it, "DUal monO" lol), but besides that, I'm not very surprised. I'm glad Ylveltal is Dark/Flying, and I'm glad we have a break from Dragon duos.

The cotton candy and the plague doctor bird are amazing <3 Pangoro looks great.

LOVE the professor! The team's uniforms look cool, and I'm glad they have simple desires similar to Team Rocket.

Hope to see the starter's evolutions and the team leaders next.

Years
It is sort of odd considering our only duo like this was Red and Blue but that was just for international audiences, so the Japanese proably feel like it's more strange as they've never had one like this.
The whole forest/plant motif still makes sense as Fairies are said to live in forests, though I too would've liked it to have been part Grass, haven't had a Grass mascot since Venusaur, if you don't count remakes that was wayyyyy back in the beginning of the series, literary.

Last edited:

Years
You can search for Pokemon in the GTS that aren't registred in your Pokedex yet?
^^^^^^
Now, Gamefreak, ban impossible trades and I'll use the GTS again.

Everything else looks so awesome as well. I like how fluent the animations are.
This, I hate it how some people ask for low level legends...
This will definitely make it simpler to fill out the increasingly growing Pokedex, we'll need all the help we can get to fill up 700 plus entries...well for those of us who want to complete it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
It is sort of odd considering our only due like this was Red and Blue but that was just for international audiences, so the Japanese proably feel like it's more strange as they've never had one like this.
The whole forest/plant motif still makes sense as Fairies are said to live in forests, though I too would've liked it to have been part Grass, haven't had a Grass mascot since Venusaur, if you don't count remakes that was wayyyyy back in the beginning of the series, literary.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that in my post; fairies dwell in forests so thematically it makes perfect sense. But Ylveltal got his motif in his type so it seemed a bit unfair xD
You can search for Pokemon in the GTS that aren't registred in your Pokedex yet?
^^^^^^
Now, Gamefreak, ban impossible trades and I'll use the GTS again.

Everything else looks so awesome as well. I like how fluent the animations are.

When I saw that I was so happy! It's a really smart way of implementing it, actually--knowing the name and typing it in, rather than listing them all so if someone doesn't want to be spoiled of all the Pokémon they won't be.

And seeing the O-powers (this game's Pass powers) !!! As long as they're all easily accessible (the only thing I didn't like was how in BW/B2W2 you had to select only 3 from the tree) that will be such a great feature to implement!

Years
Grant sounds similar to granite. That convinces me it's Rock-type. Clement. Hm. Maybe "filament" or "element". You can also rearrange the letters to get "elect" if that's worth anything.

Do we know what the Raichu and Gengar bits are about?
Pretty sure they're just there to show you old methods of evolution, i.e., stones and trading.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Professor Augustine Sycamore. That's an amazing name.

Not really surprised by Spritzee, being the Perfume Pokémon. Team Flare is most definitely using fire types if that's the spelling. Swirlix is cute and totally appropriate for a cotton candy Pokémon. Geomancy sounds badass, Oblivion Wing is... kind of bulky to say idk.

Years
After using Oblivion wing in the Trailer Yvetal is surrounded by sparkles, the same ones that usually appear when using a move that restores HP...it'll make sense for it to be a move that allows it to absorb HP considering it's Japanese name.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I like the new pokémon, but I was seriously betting on Yveltal being Fairy/Steel. His body looks so hard, just like Steel...

Either way, I like them. I love the new pokémon.

Also, about Dual typed moves, here go my two cents:

I'd say it's for STAB purposes only. Say, you have an Electric/Fire move.

Electric pokémon get STAB from it, but if hits grass and Bug super effectively, and it also hits ground types.

That's how I look at it. It could even go both ways, Fire pokemon would get STAB from it too, and it would be Super effective on water types !

Thoughts?

JoPe

The Ghost Masta!
Years
New evolution method, hope we'll have more details soon
The Professor looks weird xD
And I'm going to buy Y.
The Dark/Fly type legendary seems really nice

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
My favorite batch of pokemon yet :) The squids are my favorite pokemon revealed this gen so far. Cant wait to use them on my team! Hopefully they can learn water moves though. The pink fairy-bird is also ADORABLE. Much better than cotton candy imo, even though it's super cute as well. Fairy is clearly going to be a really cutesy type, but I have no problem with that.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Nu monz are fine, if not spectacular. The pink bird reminds me of Biyomon (which I assume has been brought up already) but that's not a bad thing, I love me some Biyomon. Not entirely happy with Pancham's evo solely because of what looks like a cape on its back, and the adorable baby squid is somewhat ruined by its evolution (which would be FAB had it not been given legs??) but that aside it's a good bunch, Kalos looks to have some well-designed pokémon.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
First ice cream. Now cotton candy. So in Generation 7, I await the first ever cookie Pokemon. And a squid? Okay, but why does it evolve into an owl? I mean, Remoraid to Octillery was weird enough, but at least both of those were aquatic. And a perfume bird?

Just wow. And I thought this generation was looking alright with the announcements of the few decent ones like Talonflame, Skrelp, and Noivern.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I'll admit the squid evolution reminded me a tad of an owl too, it's odd. But it's still very much a squid to me, just with something of an odd face.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
First ice cream. Now cotton candy. So in Generation 7, I await the first ever cookie Pokemon. And a squid? Okay, but why does it evolve into an owl? I mean, Remoraid to Octillery was weird enough, but at least both of those were aquatic. And a perfume bird?

Just wow. And I thought this generation was looking alright with the announcements of the few decent ones like Talonflame, Skrelp, and Noivern.
The cotton candy has dog-like legs so if it evolves it´ll probably turn into a pink poodle or something. And that´s an evil squid wizard thing, not an owl. It´s unique IMO, not retarded. Look at eelektross and its pre evos, they´re aquatic and they aren´t part water.

LOL cherubi is food and nobody ever complained about it.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I saw Dark/Flying as Yveltal's type coming, like 5 months ago. Yveltal's signature move (Death Wing) sounds cool, but I have a feeling it'll be toned down to something else in the English version, like Dark Wing or Night Wing.

Okay, Yveltal, use NIGHT WING!
tumblr_mpue9ifTx21rri10jo2_400.png

Woops, put that back! Use DARK WING!
tumblr_mpue9ifTx21rri10jo1_400.png

Sorry that was probably uber lame xP

EDIT: Oh shoot, it's called Oblivion Wing! That's even cooler! I lurve it!

I like the typing for Xerneas, though I expected it to be a dual type. Maybe Grass or even Steel/Fairy. Yveltal being Dark/Flying is really cool, reminds me of Murkrow of course. So I guess the speculation of Dark and Fairy being interlinked is true?

The panda's evo is really cool, I wish his colors weren't so dull though...

Aaaah! The baby squid is ADORABLE! Too bad its evolution is kinda ugly (to me). Unique... but ugly. Psychic/Dark is a combo I've been hoping for for a looong time, though :D

Those little fairies are awesome. The... cotton candy thing is cute as buttons, but the little pink bird takes the cake. I MUST HAVE ONE.

The gym leaders look okay. Nothing special here to me. I like the professor though. Rad hair!

The baddies have swagaliscious clothing but their motivation is weak.

So far, I'm really liking Gen 6! I hope the good reveals keep on comin' :D

Back