• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me decide what two Pokemon to finish my team with.

Years
Hey All,

I played Gen 1 pokemon games and watched the first season of the anime when I was a just a kid. Just over a year ago, I started watching the rest of the anime seasons and then started getting a game from each generation as I watched the season.

Now I am on Platinum and I am having a bit of trouble rounding out my team. I doubt I ever would have put this much prethought into a team when I was a kid, but now with sites like this one and bulbapedia, its hard not to.

I am on my way to the 6th gym now, just passing on through Celestic town. And before I set my team of 6 into stone, I wanted your advice. Also, any under evolved pokemon for this time in the game, are there on purpose as I usually wait to get all of the moves I want before evolving them.

My set in stone Pokemon

1. Monferno
2. Buizel
3. Luxio

My flying type
* I actually am not a fan of the flying types in this gen, Starraptor is cool but I didnt want to grab the most generic bird type. However, I feel obligated to have a fly type because I need to use Fly. YES, I have HM slaves, but Fly I use too often not to have in my team of 6. So, this pokemon is growing on me, but originally I would've skipped this.

4. Togetic - chosen over Chatot, good choice??

The Others - Help me round out my team by picking two (I wish it could be three) of the following choices.

- an eveeloution: Which one, Leafeon or Glaceon? With Mirror Coat, Barrier, and Avalanche, there is a pretty intersting defensive strategy set up for Glaceon. But, with Grass Whistle and Synthesize, Leafeon has great staying power)

- Garchomp (Plus- Tank with good moveset, Minus- Generic choice)
- Drapion (Plus: Toxic Spikes and ability to learn accurate and semi-powerful dark and poison moves. Minus- Ugly and debatebly the weakest of my choices)
- Bronzor (Plus: Pyschic is strong, a steel type move on the side aint bad, and I have already started using my Bronzor pretty heavily. Minus- Ugly and the pyschic strategy is pretty bland, just with a side of steel to make it semi interesting)

Your advice is much appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
I would go with glaceon over leafeon. I've noticed that grass pokemon have a lot of weaknesses, and the ice moves on glaceon will be great for fighting dragons. Plus glaceon is just my favorite pokemon. :) If you give it hail then it's snow coat ability will be activated and blizzard will have 100% accuracy. Oh, and if you get an icy rock for the glaceon to hold hail will last like 8 turns instead of 5. It's a build I've been really wanting to try.

I also pick bronzor for the second pokemon. Since you've already been using it you have a head start, and I've noticed when fighting them that unless you have a supereffective type they are pretty hardy. I've never used one so I wouldn't know about the moveset though. Psychic pokemon are just always handy to have around and steel gives you a lot more protection against various types.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Pick Glaceon over Leafeon. It was a better moveset and Ice types are stronger than Grass types.
Togetic would be a better especially if you evolve it into Togekiss which has pretty high base stats except it's attack base stats, which is one of it's only disadvantages. It also has an excellent moveset.
If you don't want a generic bird-Pokemon , may I suggest Murkrow? It has pretty balanced stats when evolved into Honchkrow.
For the last one I say Bronzor cause a Psychic/Steel type is a pretty good combination and like Garchomp Bronzong is a tank.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move this to the In-game Team Help section as that's the section for this, not the 4th gen discussion section.

Years
Couldn't find this non-competitive board at first. Thanks for the move to the right place.

Thanks for the advice also, I am definitely sticking with my Bronzor. Just such a hard choice finishing it off.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
I would go with Drapion. Never used one but I hear he's good. If you want a flying type (not sure if he can learn fly) but on Friday's go to the Valley Windworks and catch yourself a Drifloon and evolve him into Drifblim. Ghost/Flying.

Back