• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
"I want to make babies today!" -- Fire Emblem Awakening

I haven't gotten there yet, but I think I am close. My pairings were random, but now I am planning each child's class based on the pairing I did choose.

Both of my Avatar children have no choice but to be mages, which is great --but I am swimming in mages right now. Both of Chrom's children will be archers, becase I litterally have 20 awesome bows and only Virion can use them.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hmm...I mean..it was pretty much Virion as my archer for the whole game so it's kinda hard to break away from him and use
Spoiler:
who is also an archer. Any thoughts?

Idk what my next class for Donnel should be!

Years
Well while playing the Third Map in the Legend of Yore DLC Pack I managed to kill of 3 of my team in one match (a fair amount of bad luck, and one big mistake). I lost Donnel (meh) Tharja (awww) and Lon' qu (WHY GOD WHY!). I also managed to get Cherche killed as soon as I gained her.

Ricken is now a Sage, Chrom a Great Lord, and Sully a Paladin. She is also now Stahl's wife. (Chrom has also married Sumia)

I managed to beat the Legends of Yore DLC pack, and aquired a few more of the bonus box battles (Lute, Mia, Matthew, Moulder and Serra)

My renown is up to 720.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Paralogue 10 is the worst thing, and I don't understand what the devs were thinking with it. I assumed the character you recruit in it would be recruited whether they physically talked to the NPC or not, since I talked to the character myself - but NOPE. If you kill the boss before that happens and happen to hit A once you lose out on getting that character for absolutely no reason.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Little Baby Ricken became a Dark Knight on a whim. DANG! Ricken can go off on his own and slaughter everything. He can take many, many hits. Because of Focus, a mage ability, his critical hit rate is amazing! It only activates when he is alone, but as a DK he can totally do that do problem.

Lucina became an Archer to grow her AMAZING skill and speed stats. She was promoted to Bow Knight at Lv.12 because she was CAPPED in skill. (well, close) As a Bow Knight she can use Parallel Falcion again.

I didn't Notice Parallel Facion has MT 12 and can be used to recover health. GOOD thing I made her a bow knight who can actually use swords.

Lucina has gotten Aether and Critical Hit at the same time so often it is crazy. Also, have you noticed paired-up characters getting critical hits very, very often? Several of my weapons were forged for crit and most of my units are pair with their spouses 100% of the time. It just seems that they have been very lucky in the last few missions.

They missions to get your kids look so high level, it looks like endgame stuff. If you leveled up enough to do them before the main story, wouldn't you be very overpowered?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I grinded some using the DLC maps, but I don't think I was overpowered - I still had to struggle in a few of the main plot missions. Anyway, I couldn't deal with not having all of the characters so I started my game over and I'm up to Chapter 5, and I'm repeating the pairings I got on my first time through.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
@snowpoint quincy: Oh wow that's a great idea for Lucina. I'll make sure to switch her to Bow Knight later. I did the same to Ricken (I call him Rickey). I had him as a dark knight up until he learned that one ability that gives him 50% HP back after he kills a unit and switched to Sage.

I've been using Noire over Virion now and have her as a bow knight. My Nowi is a wyvern rider and I'm about to switch Cherche into another class. She's a wyvern lord~

Idk what to make MU though...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I was thinking of Dark Knight because MU's proficient with swords and tomes.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I FIANLLY got Morgan (female). She was a real struggle to get. Lissa is the father so she started as a Cleric. She died on the first round, so I had to reset. The second attempt I had to clear all four sides of Morgan with Flyers to keep her safe.

She has Ignis and Tomeflaire. Morgan and Owain are going to be Magic users because both their parents are.

Going to be a blast Leveling Morgan and Owain together as brother and sister Casters.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
So I've started on my second playthrough. Went with Hard/Classic since I felt normal was not really much of a challenge. Made the My Unit a girl (with a magic build) this time and will probably pair her with Chrom just to see how much certain scenes change.

Plan on using Stahl, Virion, Cordelia, Gregory, and couple other units I completely ignored my first time through the game.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Morgan and Owain started as a Level 10 Cleric and Myrmidon, respectivly. After playing the free DLC map 3 times with only Morgan and Owain paired up they Became Level 10 Tacticians. Now I am leveling them up as Dark Mages, then Sorcerers.

Remember, Tactitains get 50% XP Bonus when Paired Up. So Avatar's Children should become Tacticians first, then they can level they class you REALLY want that much faster. And because Avatar children can be almost any class, they can grind for skill a lot faster than anyone else.

XXXXXXXXXXX EDIT - OMG XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Level 10 Dark Mage Owain and Level 7 Dark Mage Morgan do a challenge battle at the Milla Tree. The monsters were all promoted units. Morgan took was in the lead paired with Owain and all else fell back. MorganActually Killed every monster on the map by just sitting in one spot and waiting to be attacked. She went from Lv. 7 to Lv. 20 in one battle.

In the course of one afternoon Morgan went from a Level 10 Cleric (how she was generated) to a Level 10 Tactician. To a Level 20 Dark Mage!!!

I did NOT save because my Main Team need the XP WAY MORE than she does. I am going to remove the XP ability from them to slow them down. This is something to remember for Lunatic Mode though.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
So about halfway through the game on Hard difficulty and honestly the first couple chapters were probably the most annoying. Past that, nothing too insanely difficult.

I have Nowi/Vaike (going for Berserker), Olivia/Henry, Kellam/Panne, Chrom/My Unit, Donnel/Lissa and Sumia/Frederick paired so far.

Also went ahead and purchased the 3 available DLC characters. I wished they would have kept the characters original classes though. It's weird to see Micaiah as a Dark Mage, but I guess since there is no light magic in this game they have to work with what they have.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So about halfway through the game on Hard difficulty and honestly the first couple chapters were probably the most annoying. Past that, nothing too insanely difficult.
Yeah, Hard is actually pretty easy (and only gets easier as you go), but the beginning can be terrible if you're trying to keep everyone alive; it's pretty merciless in that way.

New Mystery of the Fire Emblem (the Monsho no Nazo DS remake) was like that as well, though it was much harder to keep people alive at the beginning of that game.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Morgan; she's a beast on the battlefield.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I think my favorite character is probably Cherche. Not just in terms of design and looks, but she's been an awesome unit and her supports have easily been some of my favorites too.

Another thing is the OST for this game is really awesome. A ton of really amazing tracks; my favorite soundtrack in the FE series no doubt.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hm...my favorite character would probably be...I dunno...

The characters in this iteration is among one of the most diverse and yet still well developed casts I've seen in media, so it's really hard to choose. I honestly was not expecting the characters to be fleshed out because of how many of them there are before getting into the game, but I was proven dead wrong. Pretty much every character is interesting and none of them are cliche, not even Chrom (who I was actually expecting to be the stereotypical "heroic 'can't let anyone fall in battle' nonlogical' character, and he completely averted that trope).

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I snagged my first Spotpass Avatar at a restaurant. He was insanly powerfull and difficult to beat. Easilly the most difficult challenge in the game so far. The one good thing about meeting overpowered teams on Spotpass is that you can buy ANY ITEM the team is holding.

I was able to buy some brave swords and legendary weapons from this over powered team.

I unlocked Severa and Kejal (Sumia's stranged named daughter, spelling wrong).

Sumia, Lissa, and My Unit need a class change because of their high level, but have no idea what to do with them.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Wow, how did I miss this topic. Well anyways I have to agree with the points that were already agreed upon that this is a great game. The DLC maps add quite a bit of time to the game. Anna speaking in the French accent is awesome.

@SnowpointQuincy Reclass Lissa to pegasus rider and make Sumia dark flier because Galeforce is the best skill in the game, also it being a female only skill you are going to want it inherited down the the male children characters. For your Avatar make him into a hero (if he is a guy) so that he can get counter another immensely awesome skill. Also since counter is male only you should have the female children inherit it. Also Kejjel is Sully's daughter not Sumia.

So anyways I started this game on hard-classic because I'm a good Fire Emblem player and thought I could handle it and it wasn't that hard. Only had troule on the children chapters because only three of them had their parents on my team so all the others had sucktastic stats when they started out because I only went up to S support rank for the ones I weren't using. Though I did grind so I'm gonna come back and hard-classic without grinding.

So I just started my Lunatic-casual mode playthrough, I would have done it classic but because of the difficulty to keep everyone alive and the fact I meant for this file to be my female Avatar file. I wanted to keep everyone alive so I could get their supports. Also it is great to be on casual because everyone that I don't plan on using is a free meat shield! :) I'm such a horrible person. But I am grinding on this file too so I'm probably going to come back and play Lunatic-classic with no grinding after my Hard-classic with no grinding playthrough. Then I'll take on Lunatic+, that will probably rip me to shreds. Also practically everyone on my team is a meat shield because my only damage dealers are Chrom and Avatar sparingly, and Frederick. I'm probably going to have Avatar (F) marry Chrom so that Morgan (M) gets Rightful King automatically.

Also Henry is my favorite character, he is all around pure awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back