Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Zeppazoo

Advertise here
I downloaded this game yesterday (2013-08-27) and i just finished mt moon but when i go talk to Giovanni he just says: Dont fail me.... Is it a bug or is it an old version im playing on?
Old August 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Just-Another-Straggler

I just wanted to comment on how fantastic this is so far. Playing from a unique perspective with plot progression other than "acquire badge, challenge gym" is refreshing and isn't often done, not to mention the chance to be a part of Team Rocket and carry out notorious deeds. I love the little quirks of dialogue you added to each NPC that really immerse yourself in the world, and how not everyone reacts kindly to your presence upon speaking to them, even in towns. Overall this is one of the more engaging hacks I've had the chance to play so far. I can't wait for the final version.

I've noticed a few bugs that haven't been majorly addressed on the front page. I apologize if they have been brought up previously:
-Fainted enemies will sometimes attack in double battles if the other person is on their last pokemon.
-Signs can't be read.
-Giovanni doesn't seem to acknowledge your acquisition of the fossils or any of your previous missions when you return back to base after completion of the second, but you can freely pursue the third one.
- Red's name is coming up as "1360" in the helicopter dialogue.

In any case, thanks for working on this hack and sharing it with the public and good luck. It's a rare little treasure in its own right.

Last edited by Just-Another-Straggler; August 28th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old August 28th, 2013, 07:39 PM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Another-Straggler View Post
I just wanted to comment on how fantastic this is so far. Playing from a unique perspective with plot progression other than "acquire badge, challenge gym" is refreshing and isn't often done, not to mention the chance to be a part of Team Rocket and carry out notorious deeds. I love the little quirks of dialogue you added to each NPC that really immerse yourself in the world, and how not everyone reacts kindly to your presence upon speaking to them, even in towns. Overall this is one of the more engaging hacks I've had the chance to play so far. I can't wait for the final version.

I've noticed a few bugs that haven't been majorly addressed on the front page. I apologize if they have been brought up previously:
-Fainted enemies will sometimes attack in double battles if the other person is on their last pokemon.
-Signs can't be read.
-Giovanni doesn't seem to acknowledge your acquisition of the fossils or any of your previous missions when you return back to base after completion of the second, but you can freely pursue the third one.
- Red's name is coming up as "1360" in the helicopter dialogue.

In any case, thanks for working on this hack and sharing it with the public and good luck. It's a rare little treasure in its own right.
Thanks for that :D
And those bugs you've pointed out I wasn't really aware of actually.

To be honest it's getting to the point where there are so many bugs, mainly due to crap scripting,
that I may even start the hack over. I think what I'll do, is release the next beta, treat it as the 'end' of the hack, and then start over on a stable rom. I'm working on a rombase now that'll act as the template for it.

The next beta will be out probably in September October? I keep pushing the date back because of bug fixes, but due to this recent revelation, I'll work on it quicker.
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Mp3beast
Master of Sound

Nature: Quiet
Honestly, this is my favorite hack and more enjoyable than the original Fire Red.
I haven't gotten that far yet, but I would love for you to finish this eventually! Your spriting is really good, sometimes James flashes an odd color though. Your storyline makes me feel integrated into Team Rocket, so mission succeeded there. Also, I know Team Rocket uses Pokemon for tools, but if you could somehow forge a bond with your Pokemon the way Jessie and James do with theirs in the first season I would love that! (Basically, I want a Crobat lol) Anyway, kudos to you for this (sorry if I'm gushing).
Owner of the FOXHOUND Challenge! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307941

Ig you want to battle or trade PM me and we'll exchange Friend Codes!
-I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.-
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:27 AM
UnlawfulExile
Pokemon Let's Player (6k subs)

Nature: Bold
For anyone just coming to look over this thread this is easily the best Team Rocket hack out there and one of the most promising hacks i have seen on here in a long time.
I do Lets Plays of Pokemon games/Challenges/Nuzlockes and ROM hacks on my channel as well as other stuff, check it out http://www.youtube.com/user/PairOfExiles
Old September 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Glad to see this being worked on i like this hack
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
pokemonlover111
Lostelle

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonlover111
Really enjoying this, I just completed the main adventure (?) I got both fossils but don't know what to do next, any hints?

Old September 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
sQuEwaWaweE

Nature: Lax
I like this hack, especially the idea of being able to steal things and pokemon from other trainers. Can't wait and looking forward for the latest update/release.
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:41 AM
UltraTopFan

may i know when is the next beta?
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Salamence™
Gen 3♥

Nature: Calm
This is amazing♥
I love the idea of being a team rocket grunt.
Spoiler:
To beTeam rocket grunt have always been my dream..
ポケットモンスタープラチナ赤と青<3

베스트 해킹
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:24 AM
ricorbk

Nature: Jolly
what a cool hack. good work
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:45 PM
lucho

This game does not run on my GBA the save type is in 128k, what do I do now help me?
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM
joeschma

how far does it go so far?
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM
joeschma

Amazing hack when will the new update be released i just took cubone skulls and fought mr fuji is there anything more i can do?
Old October 16th, 2013, 04:37 PM
martmartmarty21

I have spent the better part of five months playing many different Pokemon hacks, this is easily one of my favorites. I'm really looking forward to seeing this be completed. Great work!
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Reecho

Nature: Hardy
Hey, I've been trying to download this but it comes as a realplayer file .rar. What do I do? ( I know very little about this kind of thing)
Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecho View Post
Hey, I've been trying to download this but it comes as a realplayer file .rar. What do I do? ( I know very little about this kind of thing)
You need a program like WinRar to open up .rar files.
"The world's changing at lightning speed,
but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Reecho

Nature: Hardy
First of all... Go Megaman!
second, it appears as a realplayer file and not as a folder. Is that normal? And where can I find a clean (hopefully free) Winrar?
Old October 31st, 2013, 05:10 PM
joeschma

CANT WAIT FOR NEW BETAAAA
Old November 3rd, 2013, 05:10 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Did I reed it correctly that there is an update?
Because my game ended with the helicopter crash.

(keep up the good work!)

Old November 7th, 2013, 02:09 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Nope still stuck at the cubone skulls mission

Old November 21st, 2013, 11:31 AM
mydrago
Gen IV Hacker/SS Fan

Nature: Timid
Nice i have never seen in a pokemon hack you play as team rocket
Your Tiles and sprites looks super good
And a helicopter just great
Good luck with your pokemon hack

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:01 PM
thebluecrab
Sign Language is Handy

Nature: Relaxed
Hey man be sure to include Weavile so that Sneasel is usable. And a glitch: In Lavender Town, going into the pokecenter after you beat the cop once will cause the game to freeze
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:03 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Closed at the owner's request.

11bayerf1: if you ever want this thread reopened, just pm DrFuji, giradialkia, or myself.

~karatekid552

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here