• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post Your PC Specs

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
C1QYYGR.png

New netbook specs :3
If it isn't a bother, can I ask you guys something? Umm, would this netbook be possible for gaming? If so, what are its limits?

The limits? Games like Counter-Strike: Source, Half Life or any game released before 2010 would probably run on mediocre settings. It's actually pretty useless for gaming unless you prefer older games.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The limits? Games like Counter-Strike: Source, Half Life or any game released before 2010 would probably run on mediocre settings. It's actually pretty useless for gaming unless you prefer older games.

Bay Trail chips are actually pretty competent in terms of graphical performance, all things considered - and considering their thermal and power envelope. My advice? Don't try to push it, but for anything pre-2013 but post-2009, try to stay within 720p or lower, and keep settings to a minimum, and use a frame limiter (so that the CPU works just hard enough and no more, helping with the minimums by minimizing throttling). Play with the settings, but you probably won't need to hack the game itself to get usable performance. This is assuming that we're targeting just 20 or 30 FPS average, mind you.

(These chips are actually just competent enough to play Crysis, if barely, at 720p.)

Years
The 960 will definitely be an improvement over the 750 Ti, but not SO much. The 960 is basically a revamped and improved 760. The 750 Ti is in the same line of a HD 7790 to 7850, and the 960 is a little faster than a 7950/R9 280 so maybe you should save some more money and go for a 970 or a 280X from AMD.

I've been thinking about the 970 for a while now.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I built a new computer! Well, I had a friend do most of the work, and I was with a budget, but here's what I have:

My%20specs.png

Wow you build is pretty similar to mine.

Amd 8350
Nvidia 970
16GB Ram
1x500GB SSD
2x1TB HDD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
classi.png

Built a new computer using some parts from my old one. CPU, RAM and Blu Ray drive is from the old hp tower. I have a new motherboard (MSI P55-CD53), GPU (Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB), case (Corsair 100r) and boot drive (120GB Sandisk SSD). Added a new cooler, my cpu idles at 40c and reaches 70c in a stress test.

Back